Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
It tricks itself. it's already posted on one of the blogs, and this is not the first time it happened either. I think it was just a few weeks ago a local blog shared a similar dump to C2.
Your post says a lot about you and mine says a lot about me.

Not the same trick. Far more valuable than whatever you read in a blog
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:26 pm

delete

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Dec 5, 2022 at 8:34 pm
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Gongoozler
Your post says a lot about you and mine says a lot about me.

Not the same trick. Far more valuable than whatever you read in a blog
Not really, I mean you posted C1-C3 for $300 which was widely shared on blogs the same day you posted and has been posted several times a year for several years on blogs. zoqfotpik has had valuable contributions for this thread for years, it is a fair assumption that you are posting the fare which travels through Calgary. I don't think he/she was wrong to mention it.

I would add further detail if it is indeed a different trick.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by nutsey
Not really, I mean you posted C1-C3 for $300 which was widely shared on blogs the same day you posted and has been posted several times a year for several years on blogs. zoqfotpik has had valuable contributions for this thread for years, it is a fair assumption that you are posting the fare which travels through Calgary. I don't think he/she was wrong to mention it.

I would add further detail if it is indeed a different trick.
You both missed the reference! And sorry I don’t check the blogs before posting.

I’m confident my trick is known to few and will remain that way. You have to know what to look for, especially if you want to find all the free segments and stopovers
nutsey likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Gongoozler
Bought my first tricked ticket yesterday. Received instant confirmation on this fully automated OTA.

Interestingly, half of the flights can be operated by an airline that I thought (because of an old friend of the thread’s username) was not trickable until recently.

Code correctly and you too can fly: C1-C3 RT starting at $300

Don't think this one has been talked about on here yet
You are absolutely right.

C3 is a BIG place.

Let the people who claim otherwise, just PM you with an indication of what they hypothesize is the main carrier.

That will prove your point.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:17 am

It's such a shame that a major versatile carrier in the epicenter of dumping have changed Farerules for almost all of the their routes.. Future of his hobby unfortuantely is restricting day by day..
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
With CC companies giving away so many points for free with no annual fee, its difficult to pursue a hobby where one needs to spend hours for very little ROI.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 4:53 pm

I am C2 based as you can see, there are no practically CC cards giving miles (status or premium) in my country. Thanks to that I think we can still enjoy Lufthansa (M&M) lounges even though being only Silver and flying deeply discounted economy. Contrary to what we can see in the US, where the lounge market and in general, the idea of the premium status, has been devastated by the CC. Soon you will not enter any lounge (if flying economy class) even being top-tier elite.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
I dont think the premium status has been devalued due to CC .Getting into EK first class lounge via CC benefit is STILL not possible.

I was just responding to Andy's post and appreciate everyone's effort in keeping this hobby alive !!!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:10 pm

Oh yes, it did. I mean, basic privileges e.g. lounge access when flying economy. I thought of matching from *A to DL but if I cannot have lounge access it makes no sense for me (again, based in C2). On the contrary, Amex Plat holders can access the lounge when flying in any class. But ok, this is off-topic, influencing a bit my choice of FD-ed routes.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by kiwibirdft
C1-C3 r/t usd400 ai.
can be completely dumped with a 3x
wat does ai means? ai = air india? which class?
Old Dec 8, 2022, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
ai means All In (total price)
Bleuprince16 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:08 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
Unless specified, coach.
euromannn and Bleuprince16 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by user2013
With CC companies giving away so many points for free with no annual fee, its difficult to pursue a hobby where one needs to spend hours for very little ROI.
Point well taken if you are in C1 where these CC offers are plentiful.

Left now is to stretch and maximize value of those new points ( 60 % - 80% discounts) via "in program " routing and coding error tricks ( non X factor) like the big one involving program partner EK or the famous LM which worked on several partner airlines.

Originally Posted by kiwibirdft
C1-C3 r/t usd400 ai.
can be completely dumped with a 3x

How many times has this been posted ?.

Your screenname gives it away, so unless you talk about a non C1 carrier, your posting is totally redundant. Please post something You have figured out instead of re- posting something that a FTer offered to you
in a gesture of kindness.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Dec 8, 2022 at 6:56 pm
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Point well taken if you are in C1 where these CC offers are plentiful.

Left now is to stretch and maximize value of those new points via "in program " routing and coding error tricks ( non X factor) like the big one involving program partner EK or the famous LM which worked on several partner airlines.

How many times has this been posted ?.

Your screenname gives it away, so unless you talk about a non C1 carrier, your posting is totally redundant. Please post something You have figured out instead of re- posting something that a FTer offered to you
in a gesture of kindness.
I found this completely by myself, sitting in front of my computer screen trying out every single possible X factor . Taken no hints from anyone. I am not sure what you mean by screen name?

Last edited by kiwibirdft; Dec 8, 2022 at 8:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.