FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

kiwibirdft Aug 26, 2022 9:11 am

Think I just found a 3X for c3se-c2 rt ai 472usd..
Manage to trim 50% yq.
ITAable and OTAable..

Quite happy to have my first success, though the rate is kind of like promo fare of full service carriers.

kiwibirdft Aug 27, 2022 12:13 am

Found a “multiple airlines” option while looking for round trip from SE Asia to Europe. It’s a combination of Swiss Airline and Lufthansa. When checking their fare rule, both stated that they do not permit end-on-end construction. Does this mean this construction is non flyable? If not, why is ITA showing options that cannot be combined for flying?

yuel Aug 27, 2022 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by nomiiiii (Post 34536399)
Is there a trickit thread or forum that excluslvely deals with business class long-haul? Mostly all the tricks I use work on economy fares only which is unfortunate. Want to know if this exists for business class (any pointers to get started) or am i wasting my time.

business class is not that easy, but i have a hard time with a lot of these economy ones, but i just flew in biz for 5k miles for $320 one way, I have another book for next year $340 ow also.

tommoro Sep 3, 2022 7:38 am

Interesting thread

Bleuprince16 Sep 8, 2022 5:02 am

Question: i saw a Biz P class fare UA/LX code share $2,500 rt C1 - C2 via a layover in C2 but with YQ $1,700. Do you think that is alot ? Is this a good candidate for FD ? Not done before, do you think it can be done ? DM if you have any beginners tips …idk i was thinking randomly trying for x3 ? Do i need to know which plane the bulk of the YQ is coming from and target that UA or LX accordingly?

Bleuprince16 Sep 8, 2022 6:31 pm

Maybe I found something. Idk. I didn't do anything. You tell me

From the city named after the Father of his Country C1 to the islands of the descendant of Dionysus C2, you will be sipping on the nectar of the gods during a hot summer day. Be sure to seek the blessing from Athena, the goddess of battle strategy and wisdom so she will bless your journey home and enlighten you must not visit your Father but continue north to 51st.

Total price drop from $2,500 to $2,000

JALsnipe Sep 8, 2022 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 (Post 34584589)
Total price drop from $2,500 to $2,000

Double open jaw?

EDIT: I see you posted about this elsewhere now.

Bleuprince16 Sep 8, 2022 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by JALsnipe (Post 34584593)
Double open jaw?

EDIT: I see you posted about this elsewhere now.

Yes ... so this considered a trick?
P/S: can go north or south beyond the wall

JALsnipe Sep 8, 2022 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 (Post 34584627)
Yes ... so this considered a trick?

I defer to the experts to decide if this is actually a trick. Higher base fare, but lower YR.
I don't think people consider flying inbound "north of 41" to be a trick anymore...

Timidocvl Sep 8, 2022 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by JALsnipe (Post 34584659)
I defer to the experts to decide if this is actually a trick. Higher base fare, but lower YR.
I don't think people consider flying inbound "north of 41" to be a trick anymore...

In this case I would not consider it a trick. Extremely nice fare and you reduce a bit of fuel by increasing the base fare on the return.

I think what you are missing is a trick that gets it to $1,500ish (there may be some experts out there that may even suck $200 more out) and may get you to your origin aiport....

PS - I'm back

man4business Sep 12, 2022 9:52 pm

C1-C2 / rt
in C €418.73
in Y €163.42
ita matrix :-( price a.i.

ota price in C:
$462.57 (not the cheapest strike but...)

carrotjuice Sep 17, 2022 7:07 pm

C3se - C3se
Those who want to hop from the lion's mouth to the muddy estuary up north, are better off extending to the hornbill's beak.

Bleuprince16 Sep 20, 2022 7:14 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 34609154)
C3se - C3se
Those who want to hop from the lion's mouth to the muddy estuary up north, are better off extending to the hornbill's beak.

Hi all
New to this. I think i managed to guess the locations with the given clues, not 100% sure of the third location, i have several guesses.
My question is what next ? How do people proceed to find the fare ?

there is no information on which carrier
no fare class
no dates/periods
I dont even know if i will get back home or this is just a one way trip

based on the clues, its probably a very short distance, and fare wont cost alot to begin with.
how much can one dump if the fare is low to begin with. And the potential savings maybe $20 economy ? Is it worth the trouble for $20 ? We dont even know how big is the potential savings ?

EmailKid Sep 20, 2022 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16 (Post 34615018)
how much can one dump if the fare is low to begin with. And the potential savings maybe $20 economy ? Is it worth the trouble for $20 ? We dont even know how big is the potential savings ?

I don't think people would be spending hours, even days deciphering clues to save twenty bucks :idea:

Savings are in hundreds of dollars, many hundreds ;)

Bleuprince16 Sep 21, 2022 1:27 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice (Post 34609154)
C3se - C3se

some questions, if not breaking any rules
1. Is this a one way trip ?
2. how much is potential savings in USD?

thanks