FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

abcpp Jul 31, 22 1:52 am

Any ideas on why C1w-C3e fell through the floor? Its now pricing $241 ai.... Is it "the travel cliff"?

Raul2014 Aug 1, 22 9:09 am

Whatever you want to call it, it`s working. Just fly it. No obscure OTA.

Gongoozler Aug 8, 22 8:12 am

Is it just me or has this thread really started to dry up?

EmailKid Aug 8, 22 10:39 am

It was this quiet until you started posting going back at least a couple of years.

Gongoozler Aug 8, 22 10:50 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid (Post 34496616)
It was this quiet until you started posting going back at least a couple of years.

That's quite unfortunate. Any ideas why? There doesn't seem to be any shortage of deals

srikp Aug 12, 22 1:43 pm

I for one am still unable to grasp the codes and figure out the secret language. Its good for those that understand. Now the purpose of a secret language is to keep it a secret. So maybe those that are aware of certain deals want to keep it for themselves and keep it a secret from the secret society and hence this channel is drying up :)

My 2 cents.

patvd Aug 12, 22 3:37 pm

Beginner here: decent C2 to the C3 fares available with a stop in a big city along the Bosporus.
Anyone willing to assist with dumping the fat?

pencereamelesi Aug 13, 22 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by patvd (Post 34510380)
Beginner here: decent C2 to the C3 fares available with a stop in a big city along the Bosporus.
Anyone willing to assist with dumping the fat?

As far as I know TK's fat is not dumpable with conventional methods.

unusualtravelblog Aug 13, 22 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi (Post 34512366)
As far as I know TK's fat is not dumpable with conventional methods.

Oh, I had made a list with high YQ & potential dumpable carriers: QR, LH, OS, LX, BA, AF, SU, TK, ...
Is this not accurate anymore?

thaitraveller Aug 15, 22 9:14 am

Dear Flyertalk Family: I have been a loooong term Flyertalk member (maybe 20 years). I am trying to book a ticket for my 80 yo mother to join us last minute on a trip to Greece. It would be NYC to Athens Sep 3 and Athens back to NYC Sep 13. Had really hoped to try to get biz class for her. All my regular options like miles, AA Vacations, brokers, slagging, etc have all come up empty.
Looks like many of the tickets have huge fuel charges and other fees. Is there any other option open? Feel free to PM me. I appreciate it.

AxelJF Aug 15, 22 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by thaitraveller (Post 34516085)
I am trying to book a ticket for my 80 yo mother to join us last minute on a trip to Greece.

Personally, I think not the greatest dump in the world can outweigh the potential risks and issues that she may encounter when travelling on a tricked ticket. You really really really don't want that your 80yo mum gets denied boarding or gets her reservation cancelled mid-trip. Do yourself, and mostly her, a deed and simply get a classic cash ticket.

Think this kind of advice has been repeated here mantra-like, again and again.

ChocolateFactory Aug 16, 22 5:48 am

EK allows upgrades to a higher cabin class for miles or cash as long as there are seats available, even on board. You don’t have to rely on award space for this.
So maybe you can book EWR-ATH in Y and then upgrade for miles.
Not sure if it would make sense to set up a family account or something like that (EK allows pooling of miles, but only miles accrued after setting up the family account will be pooled, it’s like a third SkyMiles account).
https://onemileatatime.com/guides/em...upgrade-trick/

thaitraveller Aug 16, 22 12:10 pm

We found cheap ticket back from Tunis where we will take her together! It will be fun. So worked out!

WingedWorldExplorer Aug 20, 22 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by thaitraveller (Post 34516085)
Dear Flyertalk Family: I have been a loooong term Flyertalk member (maybe 20 years). I am trying to book a ticket for my 80 yo mother to join us last minute on a trip to Greece. It would be NYC to Athens Sep 3 and Athens back to NYC Sep 13. Had really hoped to try to get biz class for her. All my regular options like miles, AA Vacations, brokers, slagging, etc have all come up empty.
Looks like many of the tickets have huge fuel charges and other fees. Is there any other option open? Feel free to PM me. I appreciate it.

What have you been doing during those 20 years among "Family" members here on FT ?

There is lots of award space available on those dates but you probably do not want to spend much on her.
​​​​​​Remember, it's still high season

I am flying that exact route Non stop on September 28 with No YQ paid.

$ 93.46 EACH way because I already flew a flight I needed to fly anyway.

Upgraded to Biz for free.

But then again I am not a granny who does not understand the trick and would be unable to handle an IROP.

Don't expose your 80 yr old mother to potentially unpleasant experiences.

Gongoozler Aug 21, 22 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 34531079)
What have you been doing during those 20 years among "Family" members here on FT ?

There is lots of award space available on those dates but you probably do not want to spend much on her.
​​​​​​Remember, it's still high season

I am flying that exact route Non stop on September 28 with No YQ paid.

$ 93.46 EACH way because I already flew a flight I needed to fly anyway.

Upgraded to Biz for free.

But then again I am not a granny who does not understand the trick and would be unable to handle an IROP.

Don't expose your 80 yr old mother to potentially unpleasant experiences.

Or you could go non-stop to a different European city for $134.88 EACH way without 1X

Any dates, any OTA, and free roasted peanuts