Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:06 pm

Tried hundreds of city combos and can get the fare component down to less than $200 in total but cant get rid of the Carrier-imposed surcharge (YQ).
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Oh my, I am new here, not to FT but to this page, already fully obsessed. Does anyone have a favorite blog they can point me to, in order to learn a bit more and get started? I've read a few pages but 685 pages is daunting... and one of the better ways to learn is trial and error, 99 percent of these posts I can't "test" since they are surely expired, and I am working with obviously limited information. A kind nudge of where to best start my knowledge journey would be appreciated, and I promise to return the favor in the future.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
San Francisco to European Capital in First Class and Business Class

SFO to USA connection airport and then Business Class from same USA connection airport to European Capital.

618.95 Euros

For a few Euros more and departing from Boston the Business Class can be extended and go to Rome Italy or Bologna.

No X factors.

Trick to pull up low C1-C2 Business CLass fare is only about:
1. routing
2 codeshare
3. special tool
and
4. multi-Class capable booking site.
321 likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 11, 2021 at 3:24 pm
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by davem4
Good to know!

If I work through airports in Europe, would it show in this tool?
Yes ITA is your first step. However, your coding is incorrect.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Yes ITA is your first step. However, your coding is incorrect.
Undstood. I rushed and inputted airports incorrectly. Trying now and will see what links from the chrome extention show.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Undstood. I rushed and inputted airports incorrectly. Trying now and will see what links from the chrome extention show.
Well found out which site allows multi cabin bookings (other than airline pages). However matches 1:1 with the price in ITA.

Working through the unusual codeshares but nothing jumping out. yQ fluctuates from 750 to 870 depending on mix of fare / codeshare but the base price moves with it so overall is the same.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:07 am
Suspended

Well found out which site allows multi cabin bookings (other than airline pages). However matches 1:1 with the price in ITA.

Working through the unusual codeshares but nothing jumping out. yQ fluctuates from 750 to 870 depending on mix of fare / codeshare but the base price moves with it so overall is the same.
If you code correctly you can fly British Airways in Business Class all the way from Boston via London Heathrow to Vienna Austria or Roma or Napoli or Bologna Italy for 556,42 price .
Bookable on one of a OneWorld carrier's international sites.
Return C2 to USA ( as before ) in Y

Oops: BA MIA LHR MXP works also
shuttlerider likes this.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Nov 16, 2021 at 1:43 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
If you code correctly you can fly British Airways in Business Class all the way from Boston via London Heathrow to Vienna Austria or Roma or Napoli or Bologna Italy for 556,42 price .

is there a timeframe, im looking in april?

Last edited by yuel; Nov 16, 2021 at 3:25 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal

I'm see about $800 for my construction, but that still includes $408 in YR. Is that right? Can't get the SFO option to work though.

EDIT: down to $752 with the $408 added
EDIT 2: down to $736, still with $408 added and zero BA flights. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by skunker; Nov 16, 2021 at 4:32 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skunker
I'm see about $800 for my construction, but that still includes $408 in YR. Is that right? Can't get the SFO option to work though.

EDIT: down to $752 with the $408 added
EDIT 2: down to $736, still with $408 added and zero BA flights. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its not really a YQ removing trick per se as we are used to here.. Because we are comparing to such super high C1-C2 BIZ fares, a certain amount of YQ does not significantly change the value equation.

Originally Posted by yuel
is there a timeframe, im looking in april?
. Not sure but I use February. Late November 2021 works too
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:38 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Its not really a YQ removing trick per se as we are used to here.. Because we are comparing to such super high C1-C2 BIZ fares, a certain amount of YQ does not significantly change the value equation.

. Not sure but I use February. Late November 2021 works too
Well, a standard r/t with this business fare has a YR of $1400, so dropping to $400 is a significant savings.
Too bad I can't use it.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 4:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skunker
Well, a standard r/t with this business fare has a YR of $1400, so dropping to $400 is a significant savings.
Too bad I can't use it.
Exectly, That combined with a $ 164.00 BASE FARE makes for a great deal.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
Red Star to a different island in C5 for £114 rt ai or £103 to another beach destination in C5 (no island) rt ai.

Last edited by bartas8891; Nov 21, 2021 at 4:26 pm
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
C2 - C3 with almost all 3x
BF €25.14, book by 29NOV21
flyer777lr likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:45 pm

And now, what? Happy? Proud? Or simply you want to kill the deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.