Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jorun
New price c1-c2-c4 128,08 € (long stop in EU like the quoted one). A lot of juicy variations are possible.
Where is my "My Hat Off to you"?. I'm still waiting.
Don't be upset, Hat Off was before WWE figured it out, so might not count as a real thing. Your variation (if it's variation, and not a totally different trick mistake, even for the same AL - I still didn't figure it out), sounds interesting for learning purpose. I don't have as nice of a hat as WWE, but Off to you.

Last edited by maxvor; May 24, 2020 at 2:58 pm Reason: Calling it a trick is a bit of a stretch
Old May 24, 2020, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by davem4
Finnair and lot have fares in the 20e range each way. Could be something with them. But I don't know the construct
Your posting is so unclear and non-descriptive as to where your base fare goes from/to that is it impossible to respond.

That is exactly the problem you ( and everyone else ) face when you post too little information.

Remember: 1. Questions should never be coded. 2. Questions should never be unclear.

I had AY 3X dumps before and thought I had stored some in my library but could not find the best one a couple of days ago.
Therefore I deleted my #9850 posting from 2 days ago.

However, it was my one of European friends who correctly reminded me of the proper AY dump details, so it is his/her choice if he/she wants to share with you.

Because of his/her detailed response I was able to return the favor to him/her by remembering that, ( because I had personally flown it in the past) , another carrier would provide free additional domestic add-on flights to more distant national destinations.

That in essence is how this this site works / should work.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 24, 2020 at 5:50 pm
Old May 25, 2020, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by maxvor
Don't be upset, Hat Off was before WWE figured it out, so might not count as a real thing. Your variation (if it's variation, and not a totally different trick mistake, even for the same AL - I still didn't figure it out), sounds interesting for learning purpose. I don't have as nice of a hat as WWE, but Off to you.
But he didn't figure out my deal so there is still time for his Hat Off .
The price is good, the route/s are totally worthwhile, the trick is also nice..............I wanna my HAT OFF!
my feelings are hurt :/
eruighaskl likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I had AY 3X dumps before and thought I had stored some in my library but could not find the best one a couple of days ago.
Therefore I deleted my #9850 posting from 2 days ago.

However, it was my one of European friends who correctly reminded me of the proper AY dump details, so it is his/her choice if he/she wants to share with you.
To best of my knowledge..AY doesn't allow E2E on most (except a handful) of its routes that I know of.. so 3x isn't going to work or at has worked with a simple 3x at least in the recent couple of years.. If you still talk about some other kind of construction.. then you are probably talking about pre A1 fix era.. also approx. before 31 Oct 2019.

Last edited by andydd; May 26, 2020 at 1:28 am Reason: one destination allows e2e
Old May 25, 2020, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by andydd
To best of my knowledge..AY doesn't allow E2E on almost all of its routes that I know of.. so 3x isn't going to work or at has worked with a simple 3x at least in the recent couple of years.. If you still talk about some other kind of construction.. then you are probably talking about pre A1 fix era.. also approx. before 31 Oct 2019. I would be utterly amazed.. if you had any dumps on any of the AY's own fare (not OAL fare operated by AY).. that still works.. on any source or destination on the planet.
I‘m a newbie, but that‘s not true - there is actually at least one Destination that allows EoE and also working 3x which cut the YQ by 65%. - I was able to get it down to 325€ RT.

It‘s also possible to use the strike as 2x, but the saving will becoming much less, even though you may use it locally during your travel.

Start in a country that was part of the Dual Monarchy before WW1; Fly to a country that was part of the pacific war.

If im saying too much (or too little, or nothing new) please say so!
andydd likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by elpuerto
I‘m a newbie, but that‘s not true - there is actually at least one Destination that allows EoE and also working 3x which cut the YQ by 65%. - I was able to get it down to 325€ RT.

It‘s also possible to use the strike as 2x, but the saving will becoming much less, even though you may use it locally during your travel.

Start in a country that was part of the Dual Monarchy before WW1; Fly to a country that was part of the pacific war.

If im saying too much (or too little, or nothing new) please say so!
Thanks ok..that's one destination where e2e is allowed and works. I was also informed by few other FT members about the destination.. but like I said almost on all of routes e2e is not allowed.
Old May 26, 2020, 6:23 am

Two possibilities

Originally Posted by jorun
I think we are talking about the same dump but there is little variation c1-c2-c4 155,85€. (actually, there are many variations)
I think my trick and yours are totally unrelated to each other.

I found your C1-C2; C2-C4 on two (really) different carriers working, and their home countries are even bordering each other.

First carrier: 152€ on ITA, maybe that's your's with OTA discounts, but it's hard to price out correctly. 185€ on OTA for me at the moment.

Second carrier: Should be about 150€ with the correct strike and OTA, but at the moment on this route I am only getting 50% YQ off. But on other routes I know the OTAs and strikes for full dumps.
Old May 26, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by AJan
I'm still learning so any feedback is more than welcome:

C1E-C1E-C2 $217.50 One Way (a/i)
Also same day, other carrier, C1-C2W-C2, $285.50 a/i *without* tricks
If there is no trick involved, why are you posting? Everyone can find cheaper prices with a simple google flights search and OTA discount, such as:

C1E-C2SW-C2: 65€ Oneway, A330, Star Alliance, VISA
Old May 26, 2020, 7:02 am

C2-C5 *A

Originally Posted by matio_svk
C2-C5 Nonstop, *A, 261 Euros
Some Optimization in Fare, Taxes and OTA got it down to 223€.
matio_svk likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Euro404

I found your C1-C2; C2-C4 on two (really) different carriers working, and their home countries are even bordering each other.

First carrier: 152€ on ITA, maybe that's your's with OTA discounts, but it's hard to price out correctly. 185€ on OTA for me at the moment.

Second carrier: Should be about 150€ with the correct strike and OTA, but at the moment on this route I am only getting 50% YQ off. But on other routes I know the OTAs and strikes for full dumps.
First carrier: according to your words, ITA shows the dump so it can't be my carrier.
Second carrier: on ITA, I can see the problem with YQ 50% off on some routes or 100% off on another route but I wasn't referring to this carrier.
Old May 26, 2020, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Euro404

Now, if only one could get from C4-C1

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; May 27, 2020 at 4:45 am
Old May 26, 2020, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by elpuerto
there is actually at least one Destination that allows EoE and also working 3x which cut the YQ by 65%. - I was able to get it down to 325€ RT.
Start in a country that was part of the Dual Monarchy before WW1; Fly to a country that was part of the pacific war
I agree with you. I doubt there is any better than the 65% 3x. 1X with 100% off is possible.
(I have seen 100% 3X's, but X price is too high making the 65% X a better deal.)

You can also start in other countries that also were part of a dual monarchy once. Not the one you are referring to, but one of the origins have prices similar to your dual monarchy.
Old May 26, 2020, 4:26 pm

Last edited by Vliegertje; May 26, 2020 at 4:33 pm Reason: info
Old May 26, 2020, 4:37 pm

With a long stopover without 2 carriers 238 Euro reply on post Euro404 c1 c2 c2 c4

Last edited by Vliegertje; May 26, 2020 at 11:06 pm
Old May 27, 2020, 5:10 am

C1-C2-C1.5

OJ: Quebec-C2-C1.5
140€

edit: doesn't have anything to do with my previous posts, carrier is not from an english speaking country

Last edited by Euro404; May 28, 2020 at 3:40 am Reason: information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.