Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by man4business
Yes it is with ota discount (but available for all). Without discount it would be 53 euro (I would say the mean price). Treat it as a fun game (it is flyable though).
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly prefer to do this on LH for a Few Dollars More.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by admonish approval away
Sure, the main route I tested had a very small base fare and huge YQ surcharge along with end-on-end and side trips allowed. Then I set a bunch of airports where (according to the fare rules) the main route can be combined with. And performed a search. I don't think it's totally random search, the room has some lights but not as bright as I'd like to see
And you said it yourself in your original post that you couldn't locate any working 3x's using your automated method so you're clearly missing the point, which as I said is WHY a FD works in the first place. Think about it like a hot dog....many people enjoy them, and many think they know what the real ingredients are...

Suffice it to say its not as simple as finding a base fare with high YQ and EoE permitted and then randomly adding potential 3x's
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:17 am

booked

Last edited by nutsey; Oct 31, 2018 at 9:05 am Reason: booked
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by nutsey
C2w-C3e €126.72 €108.62

C2w-C5s €170.92

Flyable 1X

on specific carrier(s) a flown 1x is not enough to avoid denied boarding.
nutsey, zroland, karlot_96 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
That's called Breach of Contract and you can sue for Damages.
When confronted with actual legal action, LX's legal counsel will settle because they know that they will be loosing at Trial. I had actual experience with this in 2016.. and my 1X was not flown.
100 % of my damages recovered including cost of filing of lawsuit.
Hit the Gnomes where it hurts - wallet. Settlement offer was received in 10 days
Another route is Complaint with DOT or CTA or similar agency. Problem is slow process.
nutsey and zroland like this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:33 pm

booked

Last edited by nutsey; Oct 31, 2018 at 9:05 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: MM
Around 100 euro is not so bad to try, I very curious what happend whit this, I don't hear anythings good about this carrier when you fly whit 1x
I was find 124 but beginning of year i have busy and no chance to use this :/
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:01 pm

booked
leonB likes this.

Last edited by nutsey; Oct 31, 2018 at 9:05 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: QF Gold
$350 for me to position to do the 1x's.

Very keen to hear more peoples experiences with denial after flying 1x to gauge risks.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
If you can't stand the heat - stay out of the kitchen. Everybody's risk tolerance and perseverance is different.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
If you can't stand the heat - stay out of the kitchen. Everybody's risk tolerance and perseverance is different.
If one airline is militant in tracking down and denying travel consistently then easy to avoid them. Plenty of other airlines where they might not be as vigilant.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:35 pm

Can anyone comment if QR is dumpable .they have a new route in C3 at a low price and minimal airport taxes.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
QR is definitely dumpable.

Your fare, may or may not. Pray to the God of the airplanes and you will see.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by tomasdev
Pray to the God of the airplanes and you will see.
You mean WWE? :-p

Ah ... END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by tomasdev
QR is definitely dumpable.

Your fare, may or may not. Pray to the God of the airplanes and you will see.
Is there 3x that can be used on xC1? I used to be able to dump with 1x (C3) but it looks like it has dried up. I'd appropriate some pointers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.