FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

e30st Jun 6, 2018 8:22 am

C2-C6 rt ai nonstop 530€

I know its not that good deal, but if someone wants to try that particular flight, its pretty cheap.
Or fly nonstop only on the way back, for 417€, DOJ 396€

wley Jun 6, 2018 10:15 am

Originally Posted by e30st (Post 29835465)
C2-C6 rt ai nonstop 530€

I know its not that good deal, but if someone wants to try that particular flight, its pretty cheap.
Or fly nonstop only on the way back, for 417€, DOJ 396€

Even cheaper to fly further towards SE with multiple stopover city option available . Lowest I hv ever seen is 370€ ! Best part is if you plan your miles earning appropriately, this trip will (almost) give you another free return (open jaw) ticket to Japan in business (from C3 SE) !

jorun Jun 7, 2018 2:27 am

The lucky people who did the .it .de promotion, can buy cheap c4-c2 flight and other routes.

I booked it for just 50$. Remember that the best part of the .it and .de promotion was the "merger trick" (I'm talking about the real fusion which could give you up to 63k). I'm giving you a gold egg but I bet that no one did it....

Just take in mind that this airline is scamming people and to avoid to pay the infamous YQ you must add a little trick before the purchase.

As always no pm because you need to learn tricks in the hard way. I suggest to stop to post deal on LCC carrier.

wley Jun 9, 2018 12:16 am

Skipping 1x ?

Did anyone ever skip 1x and still managed to fly the main trip ? Heard that some 1x can be skipped but no idea how. I thought about some "theory" how 1x might be able to skip and still keep the rest of the itinerary intact but not sure if I am correct.

jorun Jun 9, 2018 2:50 am

Originally Posted by wley (Post 29846458)
Did anyone ever skip 1x and still managed to fly the main trip ? Heard that some 1x can be skipped but no idea how. I thought about some "theory" how 1x might be able to skip and still keep the rest of the itinerary intact but not sure if I am correct.

Nowadays airlines tell you exactly how to skip in the CoC.

wley Jun 9, 2018 4:26 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 29846643)
Nowadays airlines tell you exactly how to skip in the CoC.

Somthing like this ?

I copied from LX fare rules:
"OTHER CONDITIONS
SALES RESTRICTIONS/ SEQUENTIAL USE OF FLIGHT
COUPONS. THIS FARE IS ONLY VALID IF THE FLIGHTS
ARE TAKEN IN THE BOOKED SEQUENCE. OTHERWISE THE
FARE WILL BE RECALCULATED BASED ON THE ACTUAL
FLIGHT ROUTING."

What if i completed the 1x. Does that mean the rest of the itinerary will be all good and LX can't just deny me from boarding anymore ?

Another question. What if the fare rules doesn't mention anything like this ?

maxvor Jun 9, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by wley (Post 29846752)
Somthing like this ?

I copied from LX fare rules:
"OTHER CONDITIONS
SALES RESTRICTIONS/ SEQUENTIAL USE OF FLIGHT
COUPONS. THIS FARE IS ONLY VALID IF THE FLIGHTS
ARE TAKEN IN THE BOOKED SEQUENCE. OTHERWISE THE
FARE WILL BE RECALCULATED BASED ON THE ACTUAL
FLIGHT ROUTING."

What if i completed the 1x. Does that mean the rest of the itinerary will be all good and LX can't just deny me from boarding anymore ?

Another question. What if the fare rules doesn't mention anything like this ?

CoC and fare rules are 2 different things

andydd Jun 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by wley (Post 29846752)
LX can't just deny me from boarding anymore ?

That's a very bold and assuming statement. Airline can certainly deny you boarding whenever they feel like (on reasonable grounds) and certainly in the case if they happen to see '00$ of YQ missing. You may challenge them in court later and might win (or lose)..that's a different story.

I hope you remember Dr. Dang.. he was a full fare paying passenger.

burito Jun 11, 2018 1:34 am

C2-C3-C6-C6i-C1-C2 for <600€, no direct trick.

rachelandgromit Jun 11, 2018 2:27 am

C2 - a paradise C6 for less than €500.

jorun Jun 15, 2018 2:13 am

Destination: C4
Miles flown: 14,465
Cabin Class: First Class

Total price 872.95 €

FromORF2BDA Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Interesting Fare Rules

I'm trying to get back in the game and back to Cpe Town. I took advantage of the simple ET trick the weekend before it was ruined. Reading the new African airlines' fare rules from Kenndy, I was disappointed to see no EOE but I ran across something I hadn't noticed on other airlines:

Category 23: Miscellaneous Fare Tags THIS FARE MAY BE USED FOR ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION.

That seems promising, for a trip to the Mother City and possibly for a larger itinerary. But I'm too green to know if I should go run the allowed combination airlines through ITA.

Xaroco Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 29869185)
Destination: C4
Miles flown: 14,465
Cabin Class: First Class

Total price 872.95 €

Origin?

jorun Jun 20, 2018 4:55 am

Destination: C2
Miles flown: 12,123
Cabin Class: Business Class

Total price $ 854.40

x1achilles Jun 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 29821831)
So well said.
Those who invest little ( 1 or 2 hours for a "few days") reap very little.
However, a handful of members figured out the "hidden key" :

However, it is my firm opinion that unless you also look at it as an intellectual challenge and exciting hobby - then stay (far) away.

WWE,
You are absolutely correct.
In 2010-2014 I was quite active and sharing here on FT. I reaped lots of great trips with 3rd strikes...remember the Caymans? Had many tickets but never flew there! But the time commitment was very demanding to keep up with the latest loopholes and tricks. If you even took 2 weeks off you would have a devil of a time catching up. Some things, to be honest, I never did understand. It is similar to a few prospectors knowing where the some of the gold is but not all. You will never divulge the location to anyone who just walks up and asks. They are expected to give something back in return...a sharing situation.
That said, it was tiring and I suppose I make enough money by working very hard at my job that the savings weren't worth the time invested. Plus, owning and running a busy architectural practice demands my time much more. I just couldn't keep up the hobby of hacking fares anymore. I miss the SFO-EZE RT flights for US$230. The adrenaline from the rush of finding a trick was awesome. I miss that too.