Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Arrow Moderator warning

I had to delete 36 non compliant posts in this thread. For those regular users of this thread and the newer ones as well, there are rules of posting. Since my last warning was not heeded, I repeat, here are the rules for posting in this thread (PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO RULE 6):

Rules of Posting in the Trick It Thread:
1. Adhere to these rules or your post will be deleted without comment.
2. The current naming convention of this thread is as follows:
C1 = North America
C1.5 = Caribbean, Central America and Mexico including Bermuda and Bahamas
C2 = Europe
C2.5 = Middle East, including Israel and Egypt
C3 = Asia
C4 = South America
C4a = Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
C4b = Chile, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina, Surinam, Guyana, Paraguay and Uruguay
C5 = Africa
C6 = Australia, New Zealand, and the Oceania range

Directional additions such as n, s, e, and w are allowed to narrow an area.

The naming convention created by Raffles Longhaul is also acceptable.

3. Code any “tricks”.
4. Do not post screenshots of your “tricks” or outside links to images of any sort.
5. Do not code your questions. No one will be able to answer them.
6. Violation of these rules will subject you to discipline.
7. Review FlyerTalk Rules 7, 10, 12, and 18 of the FlyerTalk Rules prior to posting. You can find the Rules here: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php

WARNING: The discipline referred to in #6 above will be a suspension of your posting privileges for a minimum of 7 days and will escalate for repeat offenders.

Pat89339, Moderator, Mileage Run Forum
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Schley and Deltahater,

you are absolutely right. Unfortunately many users left this trickit thread. Guys like you or like pimpco posted in the past frequently (not only here also in german forum) but now not anymore. And unfortunately it is easy to understand why this happend.

For all other users here I would like to receommend to read the above post of PAT89339 carefully. Especially this: "WARNING: The discipline referred to in #6 above will be a suspension of your posting privileges for a minimum of 7 days and will escalate for repeat offenders". Hopefully the right people read AND understand this.
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Where is the historical Trick it thread with all my posts? I helped dozens of people via PM as well back in 2010-2011. This thread only goes back to 2014.?????
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA
They were broken out into separate threads. See the wiki at the top for links to all the other years' threads.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:13 am

C2- c3 - c2 bf €16.83

Very, very rich city in Europe to rich country in SE Asia and back to very rich city in Europe with a BF of €16.83 on ME3+ carrier, 75% fat, you'd have to leave on the day Christopher visited Las Tortugas
Old Apr 1, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: Many
C2-C3-C2
EUR 14 BF outbound
EUR 2.79 BF inbound
Old Apr 2, 2018, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by bodory
C2-C3-C2
EUR 14 BF outbound
EUR 2.79 BF inbound
any more hints?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by bodory
C2-C3-C2
EUR 14 BF outbound
EUR 2.79 BF inbound
Hello,
I've found the fare on ITA. However, I think it can be nearly imposible to dump it because of the fare rules. Actually, I am not an expert. You know more than me of course. I am wrong %70 percent. I am just a newbie has tried to understand those techniques. Nevermind this was my first post.
Have a nice day.

Last edited by tcd1907; Apr 2, 2018 at 7:33 am
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by freqeuentflying56
any more hints?
Hints (or even details) available in PM, in exchange of a working 3X
Old Apr 2, 2018, 3:27 pm

C2-c3 ~300 usd

C2-c3
~300$ rt
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:32 am

exercises

hello community,
first of all, thank you for your efforts - studying the threads from the previous years gave me a good base for digging, experimenting and last but not least having fun Right now I’m doing my homework - my aim for the upcoming weeks is to find at least one renegotiated flight for every single carrier affiliated in three biggest players - it’s just to gain an experience and maybe discover some patterns.
I’m playing with LX at the moment and it looks that I’m stuck/misunderstanding something. As the literature on this subject is quite limited I would really appreciate if you could help me to understand the “logic” behind the following example:
Fare rules say that EoE are permitted with domestic fares
1. My targeted flight C2-C3-C2 has YQ 73%
2. When I add flyable domestic C2-C2-C3-C2-C2 the overall price slightly drops down and YQ goes up to 83% - so far everything is clear for me.
3. And here is the part where I get confused - as I can read from the fare rules, adding non-domestic flight shouldn’t work, but it does -> when I add 3x to C2-C2-C3-C2-C2, YQ drops by 40 EUR. How’s that possible?
Here are the rules:
Spoiler

Last edited by macte; Apr 4, 2018 at 9:01 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
If you are doing this in ITA, check your fare construction.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 1:22 pm

Lightbulb c2 to c3

Any hint?
I read about it in the last post in the forum but I was not able to replicate anything
I see in the rules that end to end is permitted only in domestic flights, what does it means?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
I wanna cut some fat out of YUL-RAK, any fat trimming coaches around here ?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 4:23 pm

QQ: OTA for Trimming

Been away for a while. Recently came across a fare that is allowing me to 100% self dump a J class open jaw across the pond C1-C2e C2w-C1. PCLN is the only one that lets me dump at the moment, any one have any luck having these fares show up on another OTA? Been trying to replicate but can't find anywhere else that lets me book the flights.

Any help appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.