Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:37 am

C1-C2 for ~$150 rt, I think many will know the one I am on about.

Does this often work in reverse? I see some low BFs but not quite as low as the reverse journey.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: OW
I agree. It’s hard to dump living in the bottom of the world.

Originally Posted by Alitam
Unfortunately, doesn't work the opposite way...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by nutsey
C1-C2 for ~$150 rt, I think many will know the one I am on about.

Does this often work in reverse? I see some low BFs but not quite as low as the reverse journey.
Yeah, I think I found the same, was just about to share it here. C2-C1 not quite as low indeed... but from C2 bf are low to several airports in C4 & C5
Argenboy and nutsey like this.

Last edited by Pat89339; Nov 22, 2017 at 1:15 am Reason: removed text in violation of posting rules
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:25 am

QR

Based on the feedback from a couple of the senior posters, apparently too much information was being shared.. Never thought 'I’ would be blamed for sharing too much information.. :-)

I take it as a compliment..

Last edited by FLA77; Nov 25, 2017 at 9:25 am Reason: Too much information
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by FLA77
I am finding some great c1-c2.5 BFs on QR. I am able to dump most of the fat using unflyable (for me) 1x, but no luck otherwise. Skipping the 1x is awfully tempting, but I am not willing to take the risk. Does anyone have experience skipping 1x with QR or any feedback on possible working 3x, and willing to share, please PM me, and I will share what I have.
Skipping 1x is always risky and there are again and again stories about denied boarding. Avoid it.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA CO DL
[QUOTE=FLA77
less said the better.....think about it..

Last edited by airboss; Dec 3, 2017 at 7:18 am
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by jorun
(...)There was another member who suggested to write about dates etc... etc... my answer:

LOOOOL
just to make it easier for him to figure out and sell to his clients :-)
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:16 pm

Thanks for sharing the same trick yet again!

C2-C5 RT 135€ AI . No 1x.
Suggest we all keep on improving & posting the same airline/technique at lowest $ value, until it gains enough popularity to be picked up by SF/F4F.

Last edited by andydd; Nov 24, 2017 at 3:20 pm Reason: Brevity
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:20 pm

Yeah, no more details here.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
Angry

Originally Posted by RangeXT
just to make it easier for him to figure out and sell to his clients :-)
Thats what Jorun does !! so a bit of competition won't hurt will it ?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: Tinder Plus
C2-C5 93e
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:43 am

Hello!

I'm trying to book a flight for JAPAN, any tips?
Also, i found a very cheap flight on ITA Matrix with eastern china, but there is no way to find the tickets on other OTAs?
How is that possible?

Thank you!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:49 am

Install this script ( https://github.com/SteppoFF/ita-matrix-powertools ) and you will have many options directing you to various OTAs. Perhaps one of them will price your ticket. Question about cheap tickets to ... is posted in a wrong thread.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by man4business
Install this script ( https://github.com/SteppoFF/ita-matrix-powertools ) and you will have many options directing you to various OTAs. Perhaps one of them will price your ticket. Question about cheap tickets to ... is posted in a wrong thread.
why on the wrong thread?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:29 am

Well, please scroll up and read the WiKi on the top. This is not the place to...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.