FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

vinvam Feb 6, 15 11:57 am

Originally Posted by onfo (Post 24299617)
Question: has anyone had any luck FD J/F fares? Or is the BF always too high? The best I've found is a fare where the YQ is ~10% of BF, which is still too expensive for me.

Having a hard time finding award availability for a return honeymoon flight so am thinking outside the box, though given FD risks, I would be using an 1x.

Been mentioned a few times in the past few weeks - there's C2-C3 r/t $650 ai in J. No idea if it's bookable though.

jorun Feb 6, 15 12:13 pm

AF full dumpable

AF BUD-ICN RT 333 AI.

Sometimes expensive price is better than a cheap price.

hint: > 2000 miles

shermanx Feb 6, 15 11:54 pm

is Shanghai - C1 on US major carriers still FD-able via 3X? I tried all the city pairs in my notebook and nothing seems to work (YQ/YR~=360). I had several 1X's working but not flyable.

largeeyes Feb 7, 15 4:19 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24303728)
AF BUD-ICN RT 333 AI.

Sometimes expensive price is better than a cheap price.

hint: > 2000 miles

No way I will find it, but so rare to find good deals to ICN.

jorun Feb 7, 15 4:55 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24307157)
No way I will find it, but so rare to find good deals to ICN.

You are wrong. On this thread a lot of people have the experience and the skills to find it.
The hint will guide you to the right direction :)

bertheike Feb 7, 15 7:22 am

Originally Posted by vinvam (Post 24303639)
Been mentioned a few times in the past few weeks - there's C2-C3 r/t $650 ai in J. No idea if it's bookable though.

Which Airline ?
can you PM me ? Or do you speak about QR ex CAI ( which I not consider as a real C2 departure.
Even the KL Special ( think that is the lowest BF in market ) from Europe to some Chinese destinations, can not be FD to 650 $

ritesa Feb 7, 15 7:46 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 24307674)
Which Airline ?
can you PM me ? Or do you speak about QR ex CAI ( which I not consider as a real C2 departure.
Even the KL Special ( think that is the lowest BF in market ) from Europe to some Chinese destinations, can not be FD to 650 $

Yes it can. OTAble.

pwdcj Feb 7, 15 8:06 am

Thanks for the messages! I've ended up exceeding my daily limit for replying! (if an admin can remove my limit of 5 replies, that'd be great!

I've been busy doing my homework all day, I'm a FD addict!

Still looking for a C6-C1 in April. I've managed to find a working 3x that saves me $50 (other dates can be as much as $400 but I'm not flexible unfortunatly!) it's a start at least!

I'm happy to share the little I know (inc the C6-C2 under 400USD without FD) for some more advice! Thanks so much, you guys are great.

I've got frequent flyer points to burn if anyone knows a 1x!

Originally Posted by pwdcj (Post 24301705)
Hi Guys,

*First Post*

I'm so so new to this FD game, but I need to start somewhere! In the past I've been able to use OpenJaw strategies through sheer coincidence, luck and bruteforce. I've also been able to figure out a very reliable way to get from C6-C2n (or the other way around) for under $487AUD without using ANY FD strategies. I imagine it could be FD to be cheaper.

If someone is willing to point me in the right direction, I'm willing to share this strategy.

Ultimately what I'm hoping to achieve is a way to cut the fat on a C6-C1 flight! My gf lives in CLE, I live in BNE and I spend a fortune every year visiting!

I understand it takes hard work and perseverance to get a working 3x. Before I start digging, I just want to know how/where best to go about this! Please PM me.

largeeyes Feb 7, 15 8:37 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24307250)
You are wrong. On this thread a lot of people have the experience and the skills to find it.
The hint will guide you to the right direction :)

What do others finding it have to do with me finding it?

jorun Feb 7, 15 9:42 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes (Post 24307992)
What do others finding it have to do with me finding it?

fare rules will tell you which kind of dump you can use.

mlqsko Feb 7, 15 10:01 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 24307674)

Sure can.

No PMs please.

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 7, 15 12:01 pm

World's longest 3 X ?

3X, containing 3 segments covering 3 continents and a total 3X travel time of up to 30 hours and 15 minutes dumps a European Carrier (in)famous for being virtually undumpable.

Construction only economically attractive if:

1. 3X: Cx-Cy-Cz can be flown

2. Passenger absolutely wants/needs to fly this European carrier.

Main carrier is not generally known for offering super low Base Fares.

C5,C2,C4,C3,C2.5, are all in itinerary but not necessarily in that order.

All-in price as low as < 388 . if Phuket is included in the mix.

C6 can be substituted for C4.

Of course an old almost unusable and very remote throwaway 3X also works now for some small savings from the above price, but that would be no fun.

Calgary88 Feb 7, 15 3:38 pm

C2s-C3
-€ 155,94 ai
-short airport bus to a famous V Peak 554m.

oni89 Feb 7, 15 4:01 pm

Neil791 Feb 7, 15 9:09 pm

So i've been trying to tackle a particular OJ which i need to fly in the Spring from C1-C2 and so far the lowest rates have been found on a particular OW combination. I've been battling the beast and have had some success with lowering the pesky fat; however the savings are minimal and i'm looking to discuss my findings with those 'in the know' as it relates to this particular alliance.

On a side note, i've stumbled (admittedly) on a combo which is now dumping *A on the same route; however the cost of the 3x is negating the overall benefit.

Again, i'm not looking for a hand out as i've been here long enough to know the drill, i'm just looking to discuss my findings with someone(s) who can maybe tell me what i'm looking at without actually seeing whats right in front of my face.