FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

ava3888 Dec 19, 2016 3:27 pm

EWR - South Africa

Among the $300s/$400s, this may not sound very appealing. Nevertheless - EWR-CPT $619

tomasdev Dec 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 27631811)
Generically - Yes - it has been discussed - but every fare cycle has new opportunities. Don't be sorry about sharing good things

You are probably probably talking about Delta.
Extremely nice find though. Is free C1 stop-over possible ? If so then you can nest a fully dumped DL C1-C3 R/T in during your stop-over as follows:

DL:USA near Atlantic Coast to Asia $ 239.67 All-in R/T during peak Spring time. Use 3X
Can be lower if you use silly juvenile trick.

Using a Non SkyTeam airline you can also get from another C1 airport to C3 for $ 134.60 all-in per person, which is the type of ticket I bought for myself and my family for June/July 2017.

If we can find dates to match, you will have C2-C1-C4-C1 (C1-C3-C1)- C1-C2 for about ~$ 300 pretty good especially because all cities involved are quite attractive.

I think it's a nice find. I'll try it now. But one thing in general, I'd much rather have less specifics and more context (ie. valid for summer/winter/now/etc. instead of saying encoded city name)

Edit: AUG THROUGH MAY ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSAT SECTOR.

klanfa Dec 19, 2016 8:09 pm

Anyone tried and/or managed to dump JU? They have rather limited network in the US (mostly Air Berlin codeshares), but they all have competitive base fares and juicy fat. EoEs are permitted w/ B6. I was able to trim some of the fat with double deckers, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.
Regarding that C2-1-4-1-2, are there any X factors involved? I got it down to about $500 without any (which is already a great price!).

starwarsgeek8 Dec 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by ava3888 (Post 27636359)
Among the $300s/$400s, this may not sound very appealing. Nevertheless - EWR-CPT $619

From $492, rather, building on WWE's suggestion.

Silvermirage Dec 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by starwarsgeek8 (Post 27637611)
From $492, rather, building on WWE's suggestion.

I'm seeing $486 on GF, but those are not good flights. And rarely on time.

Rather try IAD for the same price. Better flight too.

starwarsgeek8 Dec 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Silvermirage (Post 27637683)
I'm seeing $486 on GF, but those are not good flights. And rarely on time.

Rather try IAD for the same price. Better flight too.

Yes, I was hesitant to act even when they were in the low 200s from IAD around mid October, due to the specter of IRROPS on a dumped itinerary. Does anyone have advice or experience to share regarding what to do in case of IRROPs on a dumped itinerary?

WingedWorldExplorer Dec 20, 2016 4:59 am

ava3888
EWR - South Africa

Originally Posted by starwarsgeek8 (Post 27637878)
Yes, I was hesitant to act even when they were in the low 200s from IAD around mid October, due to the specter of IRROPS on a dumped itinerary. Does anyone have advice or experience to share regarding what to do in case of IRROPs on a dumped itinerary?

Yes why worry, the airline will reschedule you. They will probably not even notice your 3X if its into the future.

If any FTer known to me and trusted, really intends to actually fly to JNB, I will happily help them out so they can book. There may a short positioning flight or train ride involved.

dimitriyremerov Dec 20, 2016 9:08 am

Originally Posted by mbglo (Post 27631704)
Woops, sorry for spamming. This has been up for discussion here before and I'm unsure whether it died and resurfaced or just been there all along.

C2-C1-C4 / C4-C1-C2 for $178.

And on the above note, this should be useful without saying anything else (i.e. you should be able to find the fare if you spend some time looking for it).

Is it possible to see on ITA? I spent good 6 hours yesterday on it and have now a huge map with how strikes in different regions affect YR but no luck so far. Maybe it's non-ITA only and I'm wasting my time.

man4business Dec 20, 2016 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov (Post 27639684)
Maybe it's non-ITA

Indeed it is not-ITA'ble. You have to play with you candidates on OTA meta search engines (momondo, kayak). Edit: ok, it is ita'ble though the optimum result is only ota'ble ;)

mbglo Dec 20, 2016 10:23 am

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 27639697)
Indeed it is not-ITA'ble. You have to play with you candidates on OTA meta search engines (momondo, kayak).

Mine is indeed ITA'ble, but you may be wasting your time. Oh, well, if there is ever such a thing to waste one's time on ITA.

man4business Dec 20, 2016 3:50 pm

C2n-C3se 188 euro rt ai
during summer time, completely new route but dumped the old way
Edit: I mean a direct flight but of course it opens up a lot more possibilites at even lower prices (i.e. another city nearby 168 euro etc.) and not only to C3

dimitriyremerov Dec 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 27641724)
C2n-C3se 188 euro rt ai
Edit: I mean a direct flight but of course it opens up a lot more possibilites at even lower prices (i.e. another city of the same country 168 euro etc.) and not only to C3

If I'm not mistaken about the route, this also allows to (very briefly) try out their C legally without FD for 500 EUR RT.

Sadly, still can't figure out "the old way". I guess tomorrow gonna be another 7-8 hours ITA'ing.

Eagleized Dec 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov (Post 27642123)
If I'm not mistaken about the route, this also allows to (very briefly) try out their C legally without FD for 500 EUR RT.

Sadly, still can't figure out "the old way". I guess tomorrow gonna be another 7-8 hours ITA'ing.

DITTO

bertheike Dec 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 27641724)
C2n-C3se 188 euro rt ai
Edit: I mean a direct flight but of course it opens up a lot more possibilites at even lower prices (i.e. another city of the same country 168 euro etc.) and not only to C3

any hint about the origin ? and airline ?

man4business Dec 21, 2016 3:14 pm

Do not get me wrong but if you are asking about any hint when everything was given on a plate (i.e. "during summer time, completely new route", "direct flight", ex-C2n) it means that you are not capable for the FD hobby at all... everybody I know (even not experienced) was able to identify the route and the airline within a few minutes...