FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

CrazyBird Feb 2, 2015 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ryan754 (Post 24276723)
How are you getting 55?! Enlighten me!

I second that! I'm stuck at the same price like you with some OTA saving a few more euros. But still far far away from about 100€.

ritesa Feb 2, 2015 12:57 pm

Looking for a good outbound BF, OW, C2(c) (excluding Germany) to C1(n)w (excluding SEA), on Feb 12-14.

Best so far PAR-SFO, Feb 12, 75,50€.

WingedWorldExplorer Feb 2, 2015 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ritesa (Post 24279011)
Looking for a good outbound BF, OW, C2(c) (excluding Germany) to C1(n)w (excluding SEA), on Feb 12-14.

Best so far PAR-SFO, Feb 12, 75,50€.

Well done assuming you are talking all-in final price.

jms_uk Feb 2, 2015 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24280059)
Well done assuming you are talking all-in final price.

No, it's just half of the return basefare on AA/BA - O class and US - G class.

sario Feb 2, 2015 3:46 pm

The good moon is already vanished !? :p

veeRob Feb 2, 2015 10:52 pm

Been trying to do my first FD. Looking at IST-LAX on BA. BF is €58.50, YQ is €182. With a 3x in C4 I am able to trim about 40% of the fat. Can I do better without a 1x?

burito Feb 3, 2015 12:34 am

Originally Posted by veeRob (Post 24282203)
Been trying to do my first FD. Looking at IST-LAX on BA. BF is €58.50, YQ is €182. With a 3x in C4 I am able to trim about 40% of the fat. Can I do better without a 1x?

10% more easy way...

ryan754 Feb 3, 2015 1:00 am

TXL-SEA is nice right now too, can only get somewhere in the 400's (USD) I'm missing breakfast working on this! :( Not cool

kurtis78 Feb 3, 2015 2:59 am

I'm stuck c2-c1 with 3x 189 eur and with 1x under 100 euro Rt AI.

wntl Feb 3, 2015 4:46 am

Best what I can do is < 60€ with maestro. sample date 4-18 march.

336 Feb 3, 2015 4:59 am

I think it would be wise to stop posting tricks with their final price. These screaming prices are the focal point of all attention, and will only contribute to its demise.

We have been vague about destinations and airlines, but why not on pricing? Let's stop the penis measurement contest. I believe the same can be achieved without this explicit and detailed piece of information.

(Not directed specifically at the previous poster.)

mlqsko Feb 3, 2015 5:15 am

The measurement contest has been the main idea for a long time :) some pretty well endowed members here, haha.

sario Feb 3, 2015 5:20 am

Posting the final price is useful because it gaves hints about the route and the carrier dumped and what attracts attention is mostly the penis measurement contest because it means repeating prices and route many and many times;
Unfortunately, I guess that the contest will not stop: it is a simple way to let other know what one knows and get contacts and eventually exchange info
I can't believe it's only for the sake of the contest or to spend 10 € less on an intercontinental flight ;)

Epicura Feb 3, 2015 5:27 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24283062)
Let's stop the penis measurement contest.

I believe the same can be achieved without this explicit and detailed piece of information.

Your post should be nominated in the contest for MALE CHAUVINIST PIG OF THE YEAR :D !

And since we should already be vague about routes and carriers, what would be left to post if the AI should be left out?

Nevertheless, for some AI prices, there is way too much info in this thread. I already made that remark yesterday. I will repeat: even a donkey can find it. IMHO that is the major issue, not the AI price.

336 Feb 3, 2015 5:32 am

You could talk base fares to include routing info.

It is such a contradiction to try and handle these tricks with discretion, but at the same time scream in a public place what in the best cases can be achieved. Of course you create tons of attention.

We have been creative in so many ways, I am sure that there is a solution to this as well.

Anyway, just wanted to share on what I have been thinking these last few days. In the past I also participated in these shenanigans, but more and more I realise that there is a serious cost associated to this.

Often "new" deals have a close relation with other pieces posted earlier. For many of these posts, an allin price was not necessary.