Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
Originally Posted by AlmostBritish
I so wanna learn how to do this, and help you guys. I have been trying some websites, but obviously the info is fairly scattered. Is it possible for someone to contact me privately and possibly help me learn this as well? Thanks
The various blog posts on the subject will definitely learn you the basics and tell you what to look for (for example, look for fares with END ON END allowed, low base fares, etc.)

If you have a specific question, people will answer it here in this thread. But nobody is going to PM you a full explanation.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:27 am

Nice fares. C1n/e-KRK, WAW and more in C2 216 euro rt ai
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, Delta SkyMiles
C2W-C1 <€200 AI R/T, also reasonable fare (€350-400ish) without dumps

Last edited by mzondag; Sep 15, 2016 at 1:15 pm Reason: changed C2W-C2 to C2W-C1
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:35 am

1X or 3X?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Flying Blue, Etihad Guest, Delta SkyMiles
Guys, lets not start fighting here (keep the rules in mind, but mostly the purpose of this thread).
If you can do better than WWE, that is great! If you want to teach others/swap knowledge, even better, that's partly what keeps this thread alive (just make sure not to post too much, such that the deals get fixed).

But why start a fight because it seems like someone (like WWE) has the best knowledge, but you can do better (but don't tell)? I also post FD's, even though I know people can achieve better fares than I post. My goal, and I think of others as well, is helping people in the right direction of finding an itinerary for a good fare.

Last edited by mzondag; Sep 15, 2016 at 1:15 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:59 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mzondag
Guys, lets not start fighting here (keep the rules in mind, but mostly the purpose of this thread).
If you can do better than WWE, that is great! If you want to teach others/swap knowledge, even better, that's partly what keeps this thread alive (just make sure not to post too much, such that the deals get fixed).

But why start a fight because it seems like someone has the best knowledge, but you can do better (but don't tell)? I also post FD's, even though I know people can achieve better fares than I post. My goal, and I think of others as well, is helping people in the right direction of finding an itinerary for a good fare.
mzondag, very well said. As was said above by alitam posters should keep in mind Rule 12.

If the behavior in this thread does not return to its intended purpose and stop with the snark, backbiting, and unfriendly attitude, several posters (and their alter egos) will have their posting privileges suspended on FlyerTalk.

You may consider this the first and only official warning on that subject.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum

Last edited by Pat89339; Sep 15, 2016 at 1:04 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: LH Silver, IHG Gold
Hey guys, has anybody had any luck with finding a new city pair and dessert for ET, since the last one that got fixed couple months back?
And while I am asking, I am also reporting that it was just flown without any problems, however those who check in online and won't report to the check in counter to check bags, will have their names called out at the gates to confirm their passports. At least that was the case in Italy :-)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by Lookee
Hey guys, has anybody had any luck with finding a new city pair and dessert for ET, since the last one that got fixed couple months back?
And while I am asking, I am also reporting that it was just flown without any problems, however those who check in online and won't report to the check in counter to check bags, will have their names called out at the gates to confirm their passports. At least that was the case in Italy :-)
Yes. from LAX/NYC/WAS with 3X on Expedia.com. Not new, it has been around for very long time.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 16, 2016 at 5:15 am
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: LH Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Yes. from LAX/NYC/WAS with 3X on Expedia.com. Not new, it has been around for very long time.
Thanks for the info WWE. I was hoping for a european departure point. Tough luck ;-(
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lookee
Thanks for the info WWE. I was hoping for a european departure point. Tough luck ;-(
Flights from FCO and FRA and AMS and ARN are dumpable too, but diffrently.

For anyone living or visiting Rome I just got back from Rome and have free champagne brunch coupons. I just posted them on FT's "Coupon Connection" thread.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 16, 2016 at 2:14 pm Reason: Clarification.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:52 pm
Suspended

UA fully dumpable to North Asia

UA fully dumpable from C1 to Japan and China and SAR under certain conditions. Pay just sum of base fares + taxes + cost of X factor. Several stop-overs and/or Open Jaws possible.
All-in price: Very Low.

DL too under different conditions and 3X

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 16, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
UA fully dumpable from C1 (e) to Japan and China under certain conditions. Pay just sum of base fares + taxes + cost of X factor.i
is this for a RT ticket?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mustardboy
is this for a RT ticket?
Base Fares is plural . Of course Round Trip.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Sep 17, 2016 at 9:54 am
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:04 pm
Suspended

YQ to Japan from USA? Ha?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:50 pm

C2e - C3 in 2016

All carriers dead for dumping now? Seems like regular fares completely won the price game

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.