Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: UA: Gold, AA: Platinum, SPG: Gold
C1 - c3 for $375, no appetizer needed, plenty of dishes available.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Both alliances can achieve very similar prices, availability is limited at best, but can be done.

Mostly only valuable to those that have a certain carrier preference.
Or those who procrastinate and have no Thanksgiving plans yet.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I think it was your carrier lifting off runway 36R just minutes ago
It was not really 36R, right?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Originally Posted by trijet
Well, it is Oshkosh, Orlando, Charlotte, CVG or Clearwater who have those runways in the USA... What do you think?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA: Gold, AA: Platinum, SPG: Gold
Has anyone had success using 3X's or 1X's on Business or First class fares? I've had some success with FD's in Y but J and F class always seem to have very high base fares. Is this possible?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by mspel
Has anyone had success using 3X's or 1X's on Business or First class fares? I've had some success with FD's in Y but J and F class always seem to have very high base fares. Is this possible?
It is possible, but usually only makes sense if the strike is in Y (X BF in J/F is usually higher than YQ you can dump).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by bertheike
North Africa to Southeast Asia 83 Euro including everything ( only not the positioning flight ).
And of course, it's a return flight.
This is still available, but is it possible that the BF airline changed the rules from many C2 origins ? Since 1 or 2 days, i get it only dumped from two airports in the same country in (C2) . Tryed all the know strikes in C3 C2.5 and C6
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by bertheike
This is still available, but is it possible that the BF airline changed the rules from many C2 origins ? Since 1 or 2 days, i get it only dumped from two airports in the same country in (C2) . Tryed all the know strikes in C3 C2.5 and C6

Can you elaborate?
C2 and C5 are not the same obviously. Even if some cities are pretty close.

The base fare of $43 or $50 is still there.
The fact that you can dump C2 to that city in C3 has no relation, or does it?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Well, it is Oshkosh, Orlando, Charlotte, CVG or Clearwater who have those runways in the USA... What do you think?
I was thinking of DFW but this and all the airports you named had their 18s in use yesterday afternoon. Whatever...
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:13 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Can you elaborate?
C2 and C5 are not the same obviously. Even if some cities are pretty close.

The base fare of $43 or $50 is still there.
The fact that you can dump C2 to that city in C3 has no relation, or does it?
I just want to say, that until 2 or 3 days ago almost every departure point in C2 from this airline, could be dumped to C3, @ least one even with a strike in C1. And now only departure from one country with 2 departure points is still working.
* I will sent you a PM
Old Nov 20, 2015, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by s2w0w
C1-C6 $250. No appetizers in this meal.
Really nice find, good work! It can be reduced a bit more my moving the X around i found, I can only see it available on one specific OTA and also only working with certain flights with that one airline as dessert

Sorry for the delay, Just back from Tel Aviv and catching up lol

Last edited by Flying4less; Nov 20, 2015 at 5:07 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by trijet
You got me ! !

Upon re-checking: 25R it was.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:27 am

C2 - C4 for £64/€92 RT *A

Fly from C2 to C4 for just £64 round trip next summer, Leaving plenty of time to eat something beforehand!

You dont need any special cards or coupons, OTA specific for this price but available on a very well known OTA for a little more

ITA friendly although as usual it doesn't always comply!

Last edited by Flying4less; Nov 20, 2015 at 7:29 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:41 am

Best I'm getting is $388US with a rather swanky meal after the main. Any clues on cuisine?

*Edit: Down to 313!

Originally Posted by s2w0w
C1-C6 $250. No appetizers in this meal.

Last edited by dflyerau; Nov 20, 2015 at 6:47 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Flying4less
Fly from C2 to C4 for just £64 round trip next summer, Leaving plenty of time to eat something beforehand!

You dont need any special cards or coupons, OTA specific for this price but available on a very well known OTA for a little more

ITA friendly although as usual it doesn't always comply!
Could you also suggest the alliance or anything else?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.