Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Flying4less
Based on 1 person traveling its available on a few specific OTA's for less than 1 RT.. Special Card!

Less than 5 RT.. no card required at all through to payment page at that price!
U2?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by bertheike
447 Euro all in was my first try from an airport aprox 300km away from/to you. And exactly the dates you are looking for.
If you are looking for deals much less than that, you are to late, because the BF booking classes are sold out, and/or the farerules require booking 60 days in advance. 2 weeks ago, you got it for less than 400 Euro on the dates you are looking for, with a worldclass airline aprox 200km from BRU
Thank you for the suggestion, I was in fact offered this deal on an OTA but the problem is that my boyfriend comes back from working in the US and Canada on December 15th in BRU in the AM. There is no way we can make a 300km trip to catch a flight.. Which is also the reason why we're so restricted for dates and places (although the destination isn't quite fixed). We're not fancy jetsetters; we're a regular couple trying to get by and trying to see the world even if we're not rich. I don't like traveling at Christmas, I like spending Christmas with family. But it's the choice between a vacation this year or nothing at all. We don't have the luxury of booking a year in advance (as some have suggested). We can book at a maximum of 2 months in advance, sadly, because of our jobs. I'm sorry about my lack of luxury.

Booking in advance is an impossible luxury for us; but it really shouldn't mean we should be doomed to spend our vacations at the Belgian coast...

As for those angry for barging in and offering payment: you should know I've not only been reading this forum but others as well. It appeared that FT is (or was?) infamous for "helpful but costly" PMs. Guess I was mistaken and I'm sorry if I may have offended anyone.

Back on the hunt I go...
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum
U2?
It's as easy as your thinking but not as you surmise

Last edited by Flying4less; Oct 26, 2015 at 5:12 am
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:58 am

C1 to C2 on VS permits end-on-end (at least for the route I've looked at). Anyone know if a very effective dessert exists for VS?
Old Oct 26, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Miles & Smiles
C2-C3se *A ai RT 180 Euros (1x) OTA'ble
I'm sure the pro's can do better.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
C2c-C3s.e. 169 EUR

open for booking from tomorrow !
C2c-C3s.e. 169 EUR all incl. with appetizer

Now already available for 175 Euro C2w-C3s.e. with same airline and appetizer.

=========update===============
the new promotion X fare seems to be different from the normal T fare.
even the same farerules, taxes stay different ! best I got was 251 Euro.
but from C2w it is def. 169 or 170 Euro.
I would like to know where this difference comes from?

Last edited by bertheike; Oct 27, 2015 at 3:33 am
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor Platinum, BW Diamond
why you still posting a ...... 1x?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by bertheike
open for booking from tomorrow !
C2c-C3s.e. 169 EUR all incl. with appetizer

Now already available for 175 Euro C2w-C3s.e. with same airline and appetizer.
where do you divide between C2c and C2e?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Originally Posted by Narayen
Because it is useful in context, Dave...?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Brash and playing with fire

Originally Posted by Narayen
Bad man.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Bad man.
How's JFK today?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by onfo
How's JFK today?
No problems and cleared for take-off.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
In other words, it is possible to skip 1x but it should not be on the same airlines or using the same reservation system right?. Anyway, for newbies like me who are still learning the curve, is better not to play with fire... yet
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA CO DL
Originally Posted by fedechat
In other words, it is possible to skip 1x but it should not be on the same airlines or using the same reservation system right?. Anyway, for newbies like me who are still learning the curve, is better not to play with fire... yet
What is this obsession with skipping a 1X... keeps coming up...it is not smart, it's dumb, not worth the effort or risk...just don't do it.

You want to know how dumb it is.... go pee on an electric fence !!!!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:56 am

I have most of c6 - c2 $1070ai rt (priced in local currency) with OW and a potentially edible dessert for those in the area. Still perhaps ~$200 of fat to be removed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.