FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

siara91 Jan 2, 15 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24079570)
Oh, check your local friendly OTA (specify airlines because there's a difference.) Just found $178

Does anyone know if same carrier (C2-C3 RT), but using different airline strike is fully dumpable?

Using other carrier as 1x, now it cuts only 50%YQ but, works also from other different C2 airports (not only piramids and Ataturk)... Last year same but reversed strike fully removed fuel on C2-C3.... ITA still shows that this one should work, but on ITA BF are high (newbies: if you dont know what to look, you will not find it on ITA only).

Is this strike is dead? Or maybe i shoud look for different OTA?

brumbrum Jan 2, 15 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by siara91 (Post 24090480)
Does anyone know if same carrier (C2-C3 RT), but using different airline strike is fully dumpable?

Using other carrier as 1x, now it cuts only 50%YQ but, works also from other different C2 airports (not only piramids and Ataturk)... Last year same but reversed strike fully removed fuel on C2-C3.... ITA still shows that this one should work, but on ITA BF are high (newbies: if you dont know what to look, you will not find it on ITA only).

Is this strike is dead? Or maybe i shoud look for different OTA?

the problem is that with new tariffs being loaded a week ago, the fare rules changed. Burito currently discovered one working departure point in c2, which is the last as far as I know.

notmyusualname Jan 2, 15 5:33 pm

Hi there
This is my first post :), i've been reading and researching around this so much last days (since i discovered it), and i think i might be able to contribute something i found. If im saying too much (or too little, or nothing new) please say so.
C5s-C3 rt ai. 406usd, 68% fat drop. 3x close.
C5n-C3-C3se-C5n 332usd, 73% fat drop, stopping for a few days on C3. With simpler construction C5n-C3se rt ai 311usd. same3xasotherroute.

I think i also found a candidate MVD-MAD rt 820usd 420yq on UX and 853usd 420yq on IB, cant make work the few 3x i know. Any tips regarding this or direction to look for, or even if this are trickable or not would be greatly appreciated, PM if you prefer.
Any tips regarding C4 would be appreciated too, all the airlines/routes ive researched have big BFs.

I wanna thank all the posters before me that have contributed to this trick-it post, i hope i can continue improving and im determined to continue digging, researching and trying

Peace and happy new year

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 2, 15 5:49 pm

ROMA/BOLOGNA/FIRENZE Italia - OKINAWA 141,99 - 158,11 All-in R/T

Leave as soon as 2 weeks from now. OKINAWA is tropical.
Stay as short as 2 nights.

With the proper VIP card you can eat and drink yourself silly along the way. Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 1:37 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24091021)

Leave as soon as 2 weeks from now. OKINAWA is tropical.
Stay as short as 2 nights.

With the proper VIP card you can eat and drink yourself silly along the way. Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

This is my first post have been lurking for years, am a complete novice compared to you pros. Bologna is a 30 min train ride for me, wish I was savvy enough to figure this deal out. Fantastic.:confused:

jorun Jan 3, 15 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24092385)
This is my first post have been lurking for years, am a complete novice compared to you pros. Bologna is a 30 min train ride for me, wish I was savvy enough to figure this deal out. Fantastic.:confused:

non tutto oro quel che luccica

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 2:40 am

E vero :)

midtownapsk Jan 3, 15 3:52 am

Newbie Q

Hi - I'm relatively new to trickery but have been doing my research and reading up.

I'm trying to crack the code on a UA fare - the base fare in K class from WAS/NYC - DXB is as low as $90 each way for some dates in Feb. The fat is between $500 to $700 + taxes. I have spent 3 days on this and can't get any reduction in fat. During the research I unwittingly did manage to cut down the fat on a DL fare significantly to about $600 ai - with a 3x in c2 but ST doesn't do much for me.

I'm looking for such guidance from the experienced folks in the forum on the following question: Is the UA fare dumpable with a 3x (1x probably won't work for me unless its in C1) or should I just put my pencil down and go with DL?

goldconker Jan 3, 15 4:27 am

Any help on dumps from C1w to C3, especially out of the Golden Gate Bridge? I've found a couple of dumps on blue and yellow and sushi airlines that drop YQ to $197.60, which is actually quite helpful to go to SIN, which I can get down to $680 ai. Any hints on something better than that?

Epicura Jan 3, 15 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24092504)
E vero :)

Realmente?

I did only a minor first search and was able to get this down to 170 EUR, without optimising the dates and construction and with still a slightly different route. Quite sure that the AI price from WWE " vero" ;).

Nice dump btw and very nice destination ^.

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093112)
Realmente?

I did only a minor first search and was able to get this down to 170 EUR, without optimising the dates and construction and with still a slightly different route. Quite sure that the AI price from WWE " vero" ;).

Am quite novice in this whole area so have to get down to playing with it like you pros do. I admit I need to put in the time to figure it out. It's a great fare considering it's literally at my door step.

Epicura Jan 3, 15 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Reeves007 (Post 24093133)
Am quite novice in this whole area so have to get down to playing with it like you pros do. I admit I need to put in the time to figure it out. It's a great fare considering it's literally at my door step.

I am by no means a pro and I just noticed that I have joined FT 18 months after you... Imho I just worked a bit harder than you and I do not mean this in any offensive way. Work on it and you will find it too :).

And this is almost at any one's door step in C2, for eg I can fly to BLQ for 20 to 40 EUR RT.

Good luck!

jorun Jan 3, 15 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093112)
Realmente?

You misunderstood the italian words :p

Reeves007 Jan 3, 15 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24093173)
I am by no means a pro and I just noticed that I have joined FT 18 months after you... Imho I just worked a bit harder than you and I do not mean this in any offensive way. Work on it and you will find it too :).

And this is almost at any one's door step in C2, for eg I can fly to BLQ for 20 to 40 EUR RT.

Good luck!

No offense, at all, this got me motivated to get back into it and work at it, jumped ship a while ago.

Epicura Jan 3, 15 8:53 am

Originally Posted by jorun (Post 24093398)
You misunderstood the italian words :p

Not really sure how to misinterprete "not all that glitters is gold" but with blondie, one never knows :D. Makes no sense to argue about my Italian since my Latin is much better :o. Non teneas aurum totum quod splendet ut aurum.

And I'm not going to mingle in your hate/love relationship with WWE (and I'm very carefull in my description, I could have been much naughtier :p ). I love you both for your great dumps and inspirational posts :-:.