Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 17, 5:43 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Pat89339
Wiki Link
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 11, 18, 7:58 am

Programs: M&M, IHG
Yes, I saw it and you don't know what you are talking about.

Just to make a little recap:
I agree only about this "Do you really think UA intends to file these sub $100 base fares without YQ?"[/QUOTE]

Come on Jorun,
be smart. Sometimes you have to accept dangerous superficial knowledge.
Not everything what was told was 100% correct. Not everything what was told was 100% wrong
karlot_96 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 18, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Silberpanda View Post
Come on Jorun,
be smart. Sometimes you have to accept dangerous superficial knowledge.
Not everything what was told was 100% correct. Not everything what was told was 100% wrong
This is why I did a multiquote so he can focus why he was completely out of the road. So basically he did two big mistake:
1) he didn't understand what is an in-line dump (for me this strike name mislead people)
2) he gave a dump on a silver plate to blogs wihtout understanding that when a dump will go on blogs airline will fix fare rules which can be worse for FDers but also for normal people who want normal ticket.

P.S. I received a pm about the experflyer quote about the ruoting. Just to be clear: it was ironic XD. In Italy we say "La scoperta dell'acqua calda".
Old Jul 12, 18, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by andydd View Post
It might be a good mental exercise in case you want to kill time but don't expect the price to fall.

Increase , yeah sure thing

Last edited by Markiemarkie; Jul 14, 18 at 5:30 am
Old Jul 13, 18, 12:54 am

Programs: FD
Originally Posted by Markiemarkie View Post
Better find some 1x for XX, it's working well from 3 european cities
If I were at you place I would immediately remove the post. Why do you think this airline( & peers in the region) has introduced one of the very strict e2e clauses for almost all its route?..

With your post..now even these 3 cities (where they forgot to introduce a specific clause) are now vulnerable. It doesnt take long for an airline to fix the rules. Last time when blog reported an inline dump on this airline, it was fixed in hours! A route that was dumpable for years, died overnight. So dont expect that airlines will be shy to change the FR
l0rd, Silberpanda, klanfa and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 13, 18, 4:35 am

C2-C5 RT , ST , 164€ AI.
Old trick.
Old Jul 13, 18, 7:54 am

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
Originally Posted by jorun View Post
C2-C5 RT , ST , 164 AI.
Old trick.
Old Jul 13, 18, 10:47 am

Programs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itKz7wjc7ys

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 14, 18 at 6:18 am
Old Jul 16, 18, 8:47 am

Programs: M&M, *G, IHG Platinium Ambassador
Originally Posted by wntl View Post
C3 170, C3e 250
Old Jul 17, 18, 10:15 am

C2-C1-C6-C1-C2 537 (stopover permitted)
easy FD for noobs
davem4 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 18, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
So I found a couple candidate J fares that are partially self-dumping given the right conditions. I understand the specific circumstances under which this happens, but I'm having issues trying to book my preferred itinerary. They can be priced on ITA for most dates, but I've only found a couple of dates that are actually bookable through the carrier's booking engine. Naturally, the bookable dates are impossible for my schedule...

All the other dates I've found are bookable through one of the carrier's foreign websites, but the dump is eliminated in the process. Any suggestions how to handle this sort of thing? I'd rather not post any specifics here for obvious reasons, but I'd be happy to share what I've found by PM if anyone is willing to provide some guidance.
Old Jul 20, 18, 7:50 am

do you encounter problems on Priceline link via PowerTool ?
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by karlot_96 View Post
do you encounter problems on Priceline link via PowerTool ?
PL now often gives the 2$ bug. Probably because the combinations are not... that regular
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by geelgors View Post
PL now often gives the 2$ bug. Probably because the combinations are not... that regular
haha true. is not that regular at all
any idea about OTA with 24h free Cancellation ?
Old Jul 20, 18, 1:28 pm

Programs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itKz7wjc7ys
To attractive to leave under-utilized. Testing New approach to FD collaboration

Originally Posted by wntl View Post
140€
Without revealing the "Old Trick" or the X factor I will happily do the actual bookings on FTer's behalf, with nothing required or expected in return, but only for FTers who have previously made valuable contributions to FT and who have actual need to go to Jburg and who can leave from the applicable C2 airports, ( arranging and paying their own positioning flights). No identification of departure airport(s) will be given until ticketing is complete.
While many dates are possible, October 28 is particularly good for 6-8 day stays. Only a heavily redacted itinerary will be provided with PNR omitted

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 20, 18 at 1:50 pm
Old Jul 20, 18, 2:52 pm

Programs: M&M, IHG
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer View Post
Without revealing the "Old Trick" or the X factor I will happily do the actual bookings on FTer's behalf, with nothing required or expected in return, but only for FTers who have previously made valuable contributions to FT and who have actual need to go to Jburg and who can leave from the applicable C2 airports, ( arranging and paying their own positioning flights). No identification of departure airport(s) will be given until ticketing is complete.
While many dates are possible, October 28 is particularly good for 6-8 day stays. Only a heavily redacted itinerary will be provided with PNR omitted

do you really think that FTers who posted here valuable contributions need your help to book this?

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: