Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE]Travelocity.ca quotes LX YYZ-DEL base fare at ZERO.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Call from travelocity.ca

Just received a message from Travelocity.ca ("XXXX" in India) stating that LX had never confirmed my trip, Traveloocity had issued a refund to my card (I was actually never charged), and that I would "need to make a new reservation for your trip from Toronto to India".

Flights are still showing confirmed on Travelocity.

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Dec 29, 2008 at 2:51 pm
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just returned LX's call. The first agent was incredibly rude ("the ticket is cancelled, that's all I can say"). I asked to speak to a supervisor, who was much more sympathetic, yet explained that there was nothing he could do. I pushed and pushed and pushed, and he just suggested I contact HQ.

That's just one of the tickets, though. I haven't heard back about the other two tickets, so we'll see....
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:33 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by planeluvr
I agree, when you book these fares you have to expect these tactics.
Also expect any offer to come under the form "we are doing you a favour" and how they are being overly generous.

All lies of course.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Just returned LX's call. The first agent was incredibly rude ("the ticket is cancelled, that's all I can say"). I asked to speak to a supervisor, who was much more sympathetic, yet explained that there was nothing he could do. I pushed and pushed and pushed, and he just suggested I contact HQ.

That's just one of the tickets, though. I haven't heard back about the other two tickets, so we'll see....
No offer of a coach ticket?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uh-oh. Are you going to call HQs?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
No offer of a coach ticket?
Nope, not this time, although the supervisor didn't really seem to know about the "situation."
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Uh-oh. Are you going to call HQs?
Nah, not yet. I still have two tickets that are (AFAIK) still valid, since I haven't been contacted about them. I'm going to wait a few days and see if they contact me before going any further.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Ah, let's see who gets to sue them first!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:44 pm

TWell i'm just about of time. i havent heard from anyone and ticket is still set to go. I leave Thursday, and their window to contact me has long since passed IMHO.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by umguy
TWell i'm just about of time. i havent heard from anyone and ticket is still set to go. I leave Thursday, and their window to contact me has long since passed IMHO.
Do you have a ticket number from LX?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:51 pm

Am I the only one who is surprised that SWISS corporate is hiding behind these third party agencies who are really giving the public a poor perception? Regardless of the fare, this is not being handled very well.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: ac ELITE,aa,nwa, Priority Club
Well my phone call was quick, "your reservation is cancelled". And goodbye, may look at this through a Canadian Government agency that deals with these sorts of things to see if I have any recourse, at first peek it looks possible, but we'll see.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nah, not yet. I still have two tickets that are (AFAIK) still valid, since I haven't been contacted about them. I'm going to wait a few days and see if they contact me before going any further.
When you enter the confirmation numbers for the two (valid) tickets on LX's website, are you able to view the reservations and see ticket numbers?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just received this e-mail from Travelocity:

Dear MATTHEWLAX,
Thank you for booking your travel plans with Travelocity.com. Unfortunately, we were unable to process your reservation because the airline did not confirm your requested flights.

Please contact our customer service center as soon as possible to complete your reservation. To expedite your call, please provide the customer service agent with your Trip ID XXXXXXXXXXXX.

We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
In the USA: 888-872-8356

Since the airline did not confirm your reservation, we cannot guarantee your fare. We look forward to assisting you in completing your reservation.

Thank you,

Travelocity.com
Funny that my ticket still is showing as "confirmed" at 439 CAD in the MY TRIPS portion of the Travelocity website...
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Just received this e-mail from Travelocity:

Funny that my ticket still is showing as "confirmed" at 439 CAD in the MY TRIPS portion of the Travelocity website...

Matthew.... i got the same....
BUT...
i already was able to see couple of days ago my ticket nr. on swiss.com before they "cancelled" the booking.
Furthermore.... ASTONISHINGLY, after travelocity wasn't able to issue the ticket, my AMEX online account show Swiss charged my card for the amount....
I called the AMEX customer care and guess what.... in their system the ticket number is reported... They will fax me soon an official piece of paper showing this.

Paffendorf.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.