Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA - need 7750 EQM from SFO for 1K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi. Was supposed to have a trip that would have brought me above 100,000, but it was cancelled. Now need to book a trip that will get me 7750 EQMs. Ideally I would like to travel this weekend (12/27-12/28). I've looked around and can't find any cross-con Y fares that would give me the 150% bonus. Any other BOS, IAD, MIA options are over $2000. The only thing I've found thus far is SFO-LHR for $1450 (with the potential of using systemwide upgrade). Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 1:38 am

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by emlenox
Hi. Was supposed to have a trip that would have brought me above 100,000, but it was cancelled. Now need to book a trip that will get me 7750 EQMs. Ideally I would like to travel this weekend (12/27-12/28). I've looked around and can't find any cross-con Y fares that would give me the 150% bonus. Any other BOS, IAD, MIA options are over $2000. The only thing I've found thus far is SFO-LHR for $1450 (with the potential of using systemwide upgrade). Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Maybe try SFO-ORD-SJU-IAD-SFO. I did that a couple of weeks back and it net me 7908 EQM. And it's a domestic flight to boot!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 1:57 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
flight cancelled?

If your flight was cancelled by ua write in and ask for the miles. If that wasn't the case I would suggest doing two sfo-bwi trips this next week. Would just recommend avoiding ord due to horrible weather and the possibility of cancellations.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 2:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
what about Hawaii?
Old Dec 25, 2008, 2:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
one more idea--check out Lastminute.com--there are some good transcon and TA deals there and you can get mileage credit for the flights on UA. You'd need to stay over 1-2 nights, but hotel is included in many of the deals.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1MM, UA 1P, HH Gold, HGVC
If you don't mind an overnight, the SFO-PBI/FLL options with routing through BOS on the outbound and PHL on the way home are relatively cheap and enough miles - weather is a concern though.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:44 am
Original Poster

merry christmas and thanks for the helpful suggestions. The trip was work related and cancelled, this time not united's fault! as painful as it might be - it looks like i am going to do SFO-FRA this weekend. It was $1000, direct both ways, and was able to use systemwides. I couldnt find anything domestically that was less than that and was fearful of delays/cancellations with all the bad weather.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 12:00 pm

Programs: UMP
I'm scheduled for SFO-LAX-HNL-LAX-SFO this Sunday for about 6000 EQM (assuming 500 minimums) before elite bonus, which was around $500ai. Not a lot of options that I could see, and, right now, feeling pretty good about not heading to BOS
Old Dec 25, 2008, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

thats a much better option than my flight (and gets you a few hours in sunny HI!), but it wouldnt get me quite enough miles... enjoy and have a great flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.