Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] VA: LAX-SYD $484 all-in

[FARE GONE] VA: LAX-SYD $484 all-in

Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by mike_from_austin
I won't, but I'm just curious if everyone else had the same thing happen or if they were able to book seats?
I didn't see any place to do it. On-line it says you can do it by calling, which I obviously haven't yet. Nor do I plan to until we exhaust every bit of availability

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
my 4th best friend just booked this thing! spring break in Australia on a budget usually reserved for domestic trips.

once again, I am not sure what the OP was doing browsing a yet-to-fly airline's site to stumble upon this deal, but this is a once-in-a-generation (sans the A380 $380 deal) price. I'm glad a ton of you will be going.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:07 pm

They must have caught on as a number of return options are no longer showing. There used to be two different options with connections on Virgin Blue from SYD. As a warning: If you see something you like, book it ASAP.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
Booked it!!!

Does anyone know if theres an 24 hour no fee cancellation policy? I already booked a date but found earlier dates that I like better.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: Anything that gives nice sign up bonuses
Looks to me like the saver fares have been corrected.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gosha83
my 4th best friend just booked this thing! spring break in Australia on a budget usually reserved for domestic trips.

once again, I am not sure what the OP was doing browsing a yet-to-fly airline's site to stumble upon this deal, but this is a once-in-a-generation (sans the A380 $380 deal) price. I'm glad a ton of you will be going.
As much as I'd like the reputation as a fare psychic, I wasn't looking at their website. Good old FlyerTalk search page on FareCompare found it for me. It's still there. (listed at $670 though).

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by civicmon
ugh

That moron even has the attitude to post the thread link

What a prick.
I could be wrong, but I didn't think that smackfu was the one who posted on SD. Someone in a post above his had mentioned that it was on SD, and he then provided the link so people could see that.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obkacey
Looks to me like the saver fares have been corrected.
Nope, still there. As a favor to me and everyone...can we all please look at more than one or two dates before we declare this dead?? It's alive and kicking. You can still book on my dates.

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mechteach
I could be wrong, but I didn't think that smackfu was the one who posted on SD. Someone in a post above his had mentioned that it was on SD, and he then provided the link so people could see that.
He was referring to the SD poster as the jerk, not the one who posted on FT.

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
I didn't specifically ask people not to cross-post I suppose (originally). As long as my good share of FTers get dibs first, I'll be happy. FILL THE PLANES FLYERTALK!!!

Chris
My point: they need to find their own fares. I've told friends about this but they don't go and post it on slickdeals. We all share deals with our friends, not post it on the internet acting like it was some hot find when someone else had found it.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold, IHG Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
still alive

It's still alive. But u have to play with the dates. I can see 23 mar-4april. You have to increase the stay window to get the rates. Very wierd. If you changes the return to say April 2, the march 23rd fare goes away too.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
No, i didn't accuse him/her of it. my apologies if it came across that way.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: Various
He was referring to the SD poster as the jerk, not the one who posted on FT.
Ah, that makes sense.

Nope, still there. As a favor to me and everyone...can we all please look at more than one or two dates before we declare this dead?? It's alive and kicking. You can still book on my dates.
Maybe the people who want to declare it dead can go over to SD and do so there?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by CTheWorldK
It's still alive. But u have to play with the dates. I can see 23 mar-4april. You have to increase the stay window to get the rates. Very wierd. If you changes the return to say April 2, the march 23rd fare goes away too.
I know you are just trying to be helpful, but can you remove the dates form your post so the slickdeals people have to find dates themselves instead of just coming to this thread. Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Maybe the people who want to declare it dead can go over to SD and do so there?
Fine with me!

Chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.