Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] VA: LAX-SYD $484 all-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] VA: LAX-SYD $484 all-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
I think there is a fare mistake since I read the different V fares they have and they say V Promo gives you the "lowest possible fare" and V Saver gives "more flexibility" plus V Saver is the third option in the matrix and I would think the lowest one should be the 1st option from left to right. In any case.....great find OP!!!
Book while available!

Angel
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
no more needing to "trick" it. lol this is so much more straightforward.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:42 pm

...and just a friendly reminder: do not call!!!
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:46 pm

BTW... how many days do I need to spend in SYD to go around and explore it? It would be me plus my wife and my almost 2 yrs old son. I know, 15 hrs from LAX-SYD in coach with a 2yrs old might be a bad idea..... lol
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Deleted
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:48 pm

Great find thank you very much. Just one question, does anyone know how to book a stopover online or is it by calling only? Obviously I don't want to call so I am just wondering if there is anyway to do it without calling.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
That's tremendous, about 50% less than the normal price charged by UA and Qantas at that time of year. ^

To be sure, 14 hours is a long time in the cattle section, and I am loathe to fly 7500 miles without getting real EQMs
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Originally Posted by amiras
BTW... how many days do I need to spend in SYD to go around and explore it? It would be me plus my wife and my almost 2 yrs old son. I know, 15 hrs from LAX-SYD in coach with a 2yrs old might be a bad idea..... lol
Well, first dont forget that you arrive two days later than you left, so if you leave on 3/1, you arrive on 3/3. I wouldnt make this trip unless I was staying a minimum of 7 days (that's not counting the two lost in flight). There is much to do in Sydney and it's surrounds, including the great beaches (if it is still warm enough when you visit). I think you could easily spend 4-5 days in SYD, and maybe even spend some time in another city like MEL. The fare rules allow stopovers, I seem to recall, so see if you can work that into your itin.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Originally Posted by amiras
Also, book bulkhead seats if they have bassinets for the tyke.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, United 1P
Looks like they have corrected the price now, I had a flight loaded up and ready to checkout for $484 but when I tried to go back and add a second ticket for my wife, the prices are now showing 568 each way as opposed to 218 and 268.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
Originally Posted by Boraxo
That's tremendous, about 50% less than the normal price charged by UA and Qantas at that time of year. ^

To be sure, 14 hours is a long time in the cattle section, and I am loathe to fly 7500 miles without getting real EQMs
There was a rumor that they might be partnering with NW on miles... although that may have changed with the merger.

Wonder if there's any such thing as an upgrade on the airline..
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by gopherblue
Well, first dont forget that you arrive two days later than you left, so if you leave on 3/1, you arrive on 3/3. I wouldnt make this trip unless I was staying a minimum of 7 days (that's not counting the two lost in flight). There is much to do in Sydney and it's surrounds, including the great beaches (if it is still warm enough when you visit). I think you could easily spend 4-5 days in SYD, and maybe even spend some time in another city like MEL. The fare rules allow stopovers, I seem to recall, so see if you can work that into your itin.
Thanks for the quick response. I know the fare allows stop overs but I don't think you can book it online. In any event, I'll ask my wife and we'll see if we can make it there. I think this is a steal! Thanks again ^

Angel
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by BaldBishop
Looks like they have corrected the price now, I had a flight loaded up and ready to checkout for $484 but when I tried to go back and add a second ticket for my wife, the prices are now showing 568 each way as opposed to 218 and 268.
Lots of dates that used to show availability don't anymore, but it's still there. I'd book this quickly.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by BaldBishop
I can still see the 216 and 268... maybe they ran out of seats on that class
Old Oct 23, 2008, 1:05 pm

Saw it 15 minutes ago and now all gone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.