Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] VA: LAX-SYD $484 all-in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] VA: LAX-SYD $484 all-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Instead of baking-in stopovers in your search (which might take you longer - and result in you losing out on a booking), you may want to consider the Virgin Blue Airpass. Not sure if it nets out any cheaper / more expensive though ....

http://www.virginblueairpass.com/

Prices are in Australian Dollars ^ - which are at a 5 year low against the US Dollar:

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=A...urce=undefined

with the Virgin Blue Airpass you can create your own Airpass travel plan for as little as A$207* for 3 flights in Australia.

It’s easy, all you have to do is choose a minimum of 3 flights across any of the four Virgin Blue Fly Zones*:

· Quick Fly Zone fares from $69* per flight

· Metro Fly Zone fares from $79* per flight

· Coastal Fly Zone fares from $99* per flight

· Cross Country Fly Zone fares from $179* per flight

These great low fares are available all year round, with no season restrictions!

No minimum or maximum stay in Australia applies, and there are no change fees for extensions or flight changes^.

* Offer valid with any international air ticket to Australia.

Fares are in Australian dollars.
http://www.virginblueairpass.com/airpass/Search.jsp
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:10 pm

deal gone?

am not seeing anymore from LAX-BNE...? looks like the deal's over??
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by kawoh
am not seeing anymore from LAX-BNE...? looks like the deal's over??
Again....still around. Just found dates.

I'm going to be an evangelist soon the amount of times I have to reassure people it's still alive.

However, looks like my dates are now much higher priced, but around the same time, still there.

Chris
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:18 pm

Programs: Anything that gives nice sign up bonuses
I'm one of the fools that thought the deal is over and it still works for me... now, although for fewer dates. The funny thing is different combos of dates change fares as someone before mentioned. Sometimes you can't get any of the $484 deals, which seems to correct itself if you go back to the beginning.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Every single good deal, there are always a ton of people who say, The sky is falling, the sky is falling, er, I mean, the The Deal is Gone, the Deal is Gone. Most of them are always wrong. It does strain ones patience, sometimes.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:22 pm

any1 get a confirmation email yet?

No confirm email... yet, but screengrabbed things just in case.

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
limited availability. just found it mid april.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kawoh
No confirm email... yet, but screengrabbed things just in case.
Likewise.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't understand. I see "from $216" fares in the bar above on several days, but then it says below those days that all the "V promo" seats are gone.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iahphx
I don't understand. I see "from $216" fares in the bar above on several days, but then it says below those days that all the "V promo" seats are gone.

V Saver.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by obkacey
I'm one of the fools that thought the deal is over and it still works for me... now, although for fewer dates. The funny thing is different combos of dates change fares as someone before mentioned. Sometimes you can't get any of the $484 deals, which seems to correct itself if you go back to the beginning.

THat's exactly it - what you needa do is test a few combinations and dig around, eventually you'll see it there, for example, I search 18 Apr - back 26 Apr, LAX-BNE and didn't see anything, then went to forward a few weeks on the return leg, pop up with $177 on 17 May, then moved around top to next week and found 25 Apr for $329.

= $504.77 all in, great deal.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold 0.5 MM; BA Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx

Its a mistake fare. You are not looking for the V-Promo, you need to look for V-Saver. That is, not the "lowest" fare.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold, UA Gold, Priority Pass Select, Hertz PC, Marriott SLV
Huge thanx! $967 for 2 people in June Now waiting on a good PHX to LAX fare
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbsfo
Its a mistake fare. You are not looking for the V-Promo, you need to look for V-Saver. That is, not the "lowest" fare.
Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2008, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Every single good deal, there are always a ton of people who say, The sky is falling, the sky is falling, er, I mean, the The Deal is Gone, the Deal is Gone. Most of them are always wrong. It does strain ones patience, sometimes.
Happens time and time again. People search for 15 minutes, can't find anything and call it dead. That's ok - maybe others will drop out giving those of us who know better an improved chance of finding the few remaining seats.

P.S. This deal is NOT dead as of 4:28 PM Pacific time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.