Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) UA/"Air One" JFK-FCO $296 a/i via "PL trick"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) UA/"Air One" JFK-FCO $296 a/i via "PL trick"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mjt49
Found and purchased this awesome fare over Memorial Day weekend, leaving Fri May 22nd and returning Tue May 26th. So, still requires time-off from work, but only two days making this a terrific way to take advantage of the long Memorial Day weekend.
I didn't see the double connect flights and managed to miss this. There is also a BOS routing for folks who don't want to go via ORD. This has Air One operated flights for the outbound TATL (as does the BOS routing), however, so that may inhibit mileage earning.

Enjoy your trip; I know that I'm going to enjoy mine.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:26 pm

How great is this fare!!! Just booked out of ewr for my wife and I traveling Apr. 7th to Apr. 15th. Thanx so much OP for posting this super fare!!!

I think it is great sharing info from one site to another. I hadn't read FT.com in a while and learned about the deal on slickdeals.net. I just booked my first European trip ever for Apr 28 - May 12 because of learn about this (and now putting off a planned trip to Peru until I can find a similar great deal).

I plan to backpack/hostel the entire time and will start my research in a few days. I know this is a newbie question, but would some share a couple of links as a starter for traveling once I get there. I'm only there for 14 days or so and would like to experience other places, Athens, Paris, etc. Just a link to the cheap transport (train/plane) to help me get started would be great. Since time is limited, air might be the way for me to go, but thought I'd check.

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by imm2b
For those who are interested ex-SFO, there are dates available in June for $475 a.i.

June 11-17
SFO-MXP

June 23-30
SFO-MXP

Some availability on June 22 ex-SFO as well.
Works out of LAX too....same price.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by mblitch
I think it is great sharing info from one site to another. I hadn't read FT.com in a while and learned about the deal on slickdeals.net. I just booked my first European trip ever for Apr 28 - May 12 because of learn about this (and now putting off a planned trip to Peru until I can find a similar great deal).

I plan to backpack/hostel the entire time and will start my research in a few days. I know this is a newbie question, but would some share a couple of links as a starter for traveling once I get there. I'm only there for 14 days or so and would like to experience other places, Athens, Paris, etc. Just a link to the cheap transport (train/plane) to help me get started would be great. Since time is limited, air might be the way for me to go, but thought I'd check.
Milan and Pisa are RyanAir hubs
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the May and June tips. There seem to be some glitches in Kayak's search function -- if you do a multiple day search, it only reveals 2-stop connections for your specified day of travel (not 3 days before and after!). So I guess mutiple day is actually pretty useless.

I also think inventory is better using Kayak than going direct to Cheaptickets (wierd).

As far as June departures, I've tried June 11 FROM NYC and I can't find anything available. Can anyone actually point me to a June departure and June return where this works? Thanks!!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:46 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I think it's gone....I can't get the kayak-->cheaptickets link and cheaptickets doesn't show the Air One flights.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gba
I think it's gone....I can't get the kayak-->cheaptickets link and cheaptickets doesn't show the Air One flights.
Same. And just as I had found my June departure. The kayak click to Orbitz showed the fare (including the extra fuel surcharge) to be unavailable.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by mblitch

check the budget travel forum for some links
skyscanner.net is your friend for cheap european flights, as is cheap0.com
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat;LH MM;BA EC
Originally Posted by gba
I see the Air One flights on Kayak, but the choice to buy from cheaptickets is gone.

Additionally, I'm getting "Sorry, no flights were found." from cheaptickets where an hour ago various options were available...
Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Originally Posted by gba
It's either CT ran out of inventory for the codeshare with UA or the codeshare was pull-out. Good luck to those who availed this fare! I hope something like this will happen again before the year ends. Who knows!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:00 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If it is indeed gone, nobody can complain. 12 hours is a long time for such a smoking deal to stay active.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, AA EXP, CO Plat, BD*G, NW, DL, Priority Club, SPG & Marriott
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
If it is indeed gone, nobody can complain. 12 hours is a long time for such a smoking deal to stay active.
I don't see anyone complaining yet!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:04 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I'm willing to complain...saw it but missed it before I could buy it. I guess it's what I get for trying to find someone to go with me.

Oh well, next time.

Last edited by gba; Oct 4, 2008 at 2:10 pm
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:13 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
i was confirming with friends to go

was concerned about cost when we got there, kinda good thing it died.

now hoping for asia deals

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.