FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   (FARE GONE) Europe £1 o/w a/i on Ryanair!!!!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/871810-fare-gone-europe-1-o-w-i-ryanair.html)

canndlewic Oct 1, 2008 2:09 pm

(FARE GONE) Europe £1 o/w a/i on Ryanair!!!!!

Ryanair is having a special for one way flights for £1 including all tax and fees for purchase through Sunday for most routes. So far I am seeing lots of availability. Usually they run the promotion for £1 but tax adds £20-25. Make sure to select flights that say "No Taxes"

Certain forms of payment (American credit cards) are supposed to add a £4 fee.

Here are the booking rules:

Fares include taxes, fees & charges

Booking Period: Tue 30th Sep 08 - Sun 05th Oct 08
Travel Period: Wed 15th Oct 08 - Tue 16th Dec 08
Applicable Days: Mon - Thurs & Sat (subject to availability)
Flight must be purchased: 14 Days in advance
Blackout Period: 17th Oct '08 - 03rd Nov '08 to/from Edinburgh / Glasgow
24th Oct '08 - 03rd Nov '08 to/from Ireland/UK
Notes on this fare: All Holidays, School Breaks and Major Sporting Events are excluded from this offer

www.ryanair.com

*wood Oct 1, 2008 2:11 pm

Great deal but what sort of points would be collected?

BDLORD Oct 1, 2008 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by *wood (Post 10455184)

None, unless you pay with a points based CC and then a joke really.
YMMV

canndlewic Oct 1, 2008 2:34 pm

None, but it could help in the positioning for a MR ^^

bcmatt Oct 1, 2008 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by canndlewic (Post 10455171)
Certain forms of payment (American credit cards) are supposed to add a £4 fee.

Just as an aside before this gets moved to the Budget forum - in fact ALL credit cards AND debit cards (with the exception of the not very common Electron) incur a charge £4 per person per flight (two people on a return flight = £16 ;)).

woody125 Oct 1, 2008 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by bcmatt (Post 10455547)
Just as an aside before this gets moved to the Budget forum - in fact ALL credit cards AND debit cards (with the exception of the not very common Electron) incur a charge £4 per person per flight (two people on a return flight = £16 ;)).

I have an Electron card through a Russian bank. What charges does that incur? This would be a great help for a trip that is coming up.

bcmatt Oct 1, 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by woody125 (Post 10455574)
I have an Electron card through a Russian bank. What charges does that incur? This would be a great help for a trip that is coming up.

None at all ^ - but apparently Ryanair are hoping to introduce charges for that when they can!

But if you are a non-EU citizen you are not allowed to OLCI, which means there will be the fee for checking-in in person ;)

dago Oct 1, 2008 3:56 pm

ryanair is kind of trashy but low prices are good

joechickens Oct 1, 2008 4:34 pm

How often does Ryanair run this promotion of waiving its taxes? Is this the first time or have they run this in the past?

Trying to plan a intra-Europe trip for Spring Break and waiting for eligible travel dates.

Wiggums Oct 1, 2008 4:45 pm

RyanAir... my £24 flight resulted in almost £80! I had no check-ins.

They kept shoving the £1 lottery tickets in my face and I kept buying them. Never won a single one!!!!

chanp Oct 1, 2008 4:59 pm

i used them last week, not sure id use them again. cheap, but id rather pay a bit more for no hassle

skywalkerLAX Oct 1, 2008 5:37 pm

You can pay me 10GBP for it and I wouldnt fly on them, especially not for a positioning flight with same day departure ! :rolleyes:

mlbcard Oct 1, 2008 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 10456282)
You can pay me 10GBP for it and I wouldnt fly on them, especially not for a positioning flight with same day departure ! :rolleyes:

I second that. Ryanair is not for setting up your MR

kilo Oct 1, 2008 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by joechickens (Post 10455945)
How often does Ryanair run this promotion of waiving its taxes? Is this the first time or have they run this in the past?

Very regularly - in fact, recently they seem to have one of these every month.

Dichter Oct 2, 2008 3:03 am

you have to pay with Ryanair credit card

If you pay it with Irish Ryanair Creditcard it offers you a free flight for every 5 rt flights flown, that were paid with it. The UK credit card does not offer this. (I am not that fluent in Polish and Swedish to check the conditions on their cards..)