Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA new minimum layover- killing MR's?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA new minimum layover- killing MR's?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Theres not really much new on this...

The sunday rule was always existent for their lowest fares, especially overseas.

For everyone that does redeyes, the night already counts as 1 day as long as you depart scheduled before midnight.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
The real target is biz travelers with the gall to want to see their family more or sleep in their own bed (wotta bunch of mommy-trackers). Mileage-runners might be considered "collateral damage."

I don't see how this'll work on any route competing against WN or FL or some of those other guys.

I guess AA and UA are staking out "leadership" positions in the bad-changes race to the bottom.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 8:48 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
As I've stated in another forum, this ultimately translates to a fare increase, which is what everyone says airlines need to survive in today's environment, but none are willing to implement for fear of falling down the page on Expedia/Travelocity/Orbitz, etc.

Although bad for mileage runners, if this fare increase sticks, it'll probably be good for the long-term health of the industry, which means our miles and status will actually be worth something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.