Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Maximum EQMs earned from one run?

Old May 27, 08, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Plat

In celebration of DEQM (hee hee), I just flew IAH-IAD-NRT-SIN-HKG-LAX-IAD-IAH. Due to taking a bump, my IAD-NRT segment got rebooked into full-fare Y, so I got an additional 50% EQM on that segment (though I realize that 50% is not doubled). By my calculations, that should net me 50575 EQM on a single locator.

So I was wondering, what's the maximum number of EQMs you all have ever earned on a single locator/run?
Old May 27, 08, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by intrepid720 View Post
In celebration of DEQM (hee hee), I just flew IAH-IAD-NRT-SIN-HKG-LAX-IAD-IAH. Due to taking a bump, my IAD-NRT segment got rebooked into full-fare Y, so I got an additional 50% EQM on that segment (though I realize that 50% is not doubled). By my calculations, that should net me 50575 EQM on a single locator.

So I was wondering, what's the maximum number of EQMs you all have ever earned on a single locator/run?
how much? ai
Old May 27, 08, 3:34 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
On a single ticket, well over 100k.
On a single run (multiple tickets), a lot more than that.
Old May 27, 08, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by giggy View Post
how much? ai
$1161, before I applied some vouchers...
Old May 27, 08, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
On a single ticket, well over 100k.
On a single run (multiple tickets), a lot more than that.
So what was your single ticket routing? I'm trying to find out what to aspire to.
Old May 27, 08, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Perhaps it is better to consider the question as an all UA itin that is bookable within a given set of fare rules? (i.e. no joining of two separate itins, no code-sharing with LH, etc, etc.)

For example, although UA flies to SIN and KWI (opposite directions from North America), they don't seem to market it as a single route. Therefore, it seems likely that the maximum UA route would be SIN-MIA (or SIN-PWM) with plenty of stops. Or perhaps SIN-SJU which I assume is as far as you can reach into the Atlantic? And then comes the question of how much 'backtracking' can you do? For example, instead of the OP starting in IAH, could that itin have started in say, SFO? I doubt it, which means there must be a break-point somewhere, presumably east of DEN.

(And for the record, I was the co-conspirator on this run.... though I returned to BOS, rather than IAH, and thus did not quite break 50k)
Old May 27, 08, 4:09 pm

So what was your single ticket routing? I'm trying to find out what to aspire to.
A suitably optimised RTW ticket will yield well over 100k EQMs on some FFPs.
Old May 27, 08, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

A suitably optimised RTW ticket will yield well over 100k EQMs on some FFPs.
Ah, but I assume that those are not all on the same metal? I perhaps asked the question poorly. As hobo13 clarified above, my routing was all UA metal. I meant to inquire about runs on a single airline.
Old May 27, 08, 4:36 pm

One of my RTWs was almost all on the same metal (SQ) and earned over 100k EQMs.

I haven't checked but it might be possible to do an all NZ metal RTW and earn over 100k EQMs, crediting to the right program.
Old May 28, 08, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
fco-iad-lax-mel would be doable, total eqms with double = 58832. a little creative routing and backtracking might add to that. Maybe something like iad-sju-mco-lax in the middle, sju-mco has to go back thru iad

Last edited by giggy; May 28, 08 at 7:20 am
Old May 28, 08, 7:13 am

$1161, before I applied some vouchers...
That's really good the reason I asked is because usually they try to MAKE you go lax-iah and when you add iad the price jumps
Old Jun 3, 08, 1:33 pm

Programs: ex-AA EXP, DL GM, ex-1k SPG Plat
Originally Posted by giggy View Post
That's really good the reason I asked is because usually they try to MAKE you go lax-iah and when you add iad the price jumps
Any DL crazyness out of NYC would be awesome for some madness runs....
Old Jun 7, 08, 12:47 pm

Programs: Won Kay
One of my RTWs was almost all on the same metal (SQ) and earned over 100k EQMs.

I haven't checked but it might be possible to do an all NZ metal RTW and earn over 100k EQMs, crediting to the right program.

Okay - since you don't seem able to just explain exactly how you manage over 100K with a RTW...

Was it because of EQM COS bonus? EQM promo? or are you saying you just flew a RTW with so many dips and turns that it equalled over 100K?
Old Jun 7, 08, 3:48 pm

Some FFPs earn a lot more than 100% EQM (eg 200-225%), and further skilful use of minimum mileage helps too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: