Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

The ethics of taking a mileage run during an operational meltdown

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The ethics of taking a mileage run during an operational meltdown

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
In this situation I would fly if the airline was essentially back to normal like Greg did. If it were Thursday and there were cancellations across the board, I would call in and offer to reschedule, but not refund the ticket since the same fare may not be available again.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Spiff
Perfect bumping/interlining opportunity. I'd still go.
I understand the "bumping" part, but the "interlining" part? 'Splain, please? I mean, what's special about an interlining opportunity that is to be wished for? This isn't an argument in the slightest. This is just a new one to me. Thank you.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by Firewind
I understand the "bumping" part, but the "interlining" part? 'Splain, please? I mean, what's special about an interlining opportunity that is to be wished for? This isn't an argument in the slightest. This is just a new one to me. Thank you.
Probably the reference is to a situation in which the carrier with IRROPS (in this case AA) rebooks you on another carrier (let's say NW). In that case you may be able to get original routing credit in your AAdvantage AAccount and also the actual mileage flown in your WorldPerks account, essentially double dipping. This usually works best when the rebooking is on a non-partner airline, otherwise the two systems may talk to each other and prevent the double credit. YMMV.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Ah... thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.