Wiki Posts
Search

MR on NW Out of BUF or YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Gold Points Platinum
MR on NW Out of BUF or YYZ

Hello Folks: I am looking for approximately 8000 miles or more on NW to maintain my Gold Elite status. Could anybody please recommend a MR for me to do during the Christmas break to help me get to my goal. Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:58 pm
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
Wrong Forum!

Few tips for your MR,

Just you know, christmas period is usually over priced. (unless glitch fare comes up)
If Christmas is only time period that you can fly, You might have to give up
the eve, and the day of christmas.(It usually saves up to $1000 compare to 23rd or before & 26th or later)

8000mile is bit tough. You might have to go Asia.
I would Start look in to BUF-SIN fares or
BUF-EUROPE-ASIA fares.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by jameskwon
Wrong Forum!

Few tips for your MR,

Just you know, christmas period is usually over priced. (unless glitch fare comes up)
If Christmas is only time period that you can fly, You might have to give up
the eve, and the day of christmas.(It usually saves up to $1000 compare to 23rd or before & 26th or later)

8000mile is bit tough. You might have to go Asia.
I would Start look in to BUF-SIN fares or
BUF-EUROPE-ASIA fares.
While I agree that this is the wrong forum, there is no need to go to Asia. A YYZ-LHR (almost the closest Europe gateway from YYZ) roudtrip yields 7,000 miles in total. Given that it is almost inevitable to connect through DTW (or MSP) from YYZ or BUF, 8,000 miles (being DTW-LHR for about 7,000 miles plus DTW-YYZ/BUF for 1,000 miles) should be easy to achieve for Europe.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:40 am
formerly jameskwon

Programs: AA, DL, Bonvoy, WoH, HH
my bad, I was thinking 8000 each way.

then, 8000 RT should be done easily. even some 48domestic routes could be done with extra creative routing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.