Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any Memorial Day Bump-Runners? This weekend 5/25-28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2007, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb

Mrs hiyo and I are heading to SFO this weekend from SAN on UA, and the loads are starting to look a little bit bumpalicious.
On itn it looks like this:
SAN-SFO F0 Y0 B0 M0 E0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 K0 L0 (ICC confirms it is oversold, but would not disclose by how many)

SFO-SAN F6 Y3 B3 M2 E1 U1 H1 Q1 V0 W0 S0 T0 K1 L0 .

This is not a bump run per se, but we are always open to the right offer. Is anyone else checking the loads on your flights this weekend with an eye to a bump possibility?

Last edited by hiyo; May 25, 2007 at 11:25 am Reason: updated buckets
Old May 20, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
Bumps

The only time that I check loads to see if I might have a bump opportunity is every time I fly . I'm flying PDX-MCO on the 28th with the return June 1st. Nothing better than Q9 on any of my flights.
Dan
Old May 21, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Why wait for this weekend (although both our flights to and from LAS are completely sold out and overbooked and we will try for more) - I got a DBC on AA yesterday and got home only 10 minutes after my originally scheduled flight.
Old May 22, 2007, 12:58 pm

Programs: NW MH RT SQ PC
LAX to MSP on NW. Overbooked both ways. Hope I'm late for work tuesday.
Old May 22, 2007, 3:33 pm

Programs: ADL, ACLU, NRA, HRC, NCLR, WBCA
Our weekend flights look full but not bump-ey, yet. Got the PE + companion upgrade on the return legs already (!!!) but not the outbound yet. Silly NWA.
Old May 23, 2007, 2:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high with a bump with it showing Y4 and Y7, although you never know. I've had a couple flights recently that were Y0 and still went out with empty seats. I did a UA SAN/SFO at Thanksgiving and we had empty seats both ways. But, best of luck to you. Enjoy SF.
Old May 23, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
My DL flight from DFW-SLC Tues. morning is showing zeroed out across the board, so I'm hoping for some DL Dollars!!
Old May 25, 2007, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by EIPremier
I wouldn't get your hopes up too high with a bump with it showing Y4 and Y7, although you never know. I've had a couple flights recently that were Y0 and still went out with empty seats. I did a UA SAN/SFO at Thanksgiving and we had empty seats both ways. But, best of luck to you. Enjoy SF.
I updated the buckets in my post above. SAN-SFO is closed and oversold, and it looks like all the later flights are, too.

Maybe I will see you in T1 Saturday morning! Have fun in SF yourself.

PS - how did you like the play?
Old May 25, 2007, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strangely UA suddenly zeroed out all LAX-DEN flights for 05/25 (I suspect along with many others). Just yesterday morning there were plenty of seats and then poof all gone by the afternoon.

I don't really trust inventory info anymore as I often see zeroed out flights go out with empty seats but flights with last minute availability end up calling for volunteers. YMMV. Good luck!
Old May 25, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Let us know the results! Hopefully you scored some vouchers!
Old May 25, 2007, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
A couple of Bwi-Dtw flights are zeroed out Saturday on NW. My flight (a 0915 departure from Bwi to Dtw) is down to F1P1Y0-etc. I am very available.
Old May 25, 2007, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
my flights out of BOS are still wide open, at least all segemts are upgraded
Old May 25, 2007, 11:21 pm

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
I really dont understand all the hype about trying to bump run over the holiday weekend. The airlines know its a holiday weekend and, of course, have adjusted their overbooking according. They have decades of holiday weekend data to go from to ensure minimum VDB's.

Your chance of a bump this weekend is no greater than any other weekend.

Enjoy the long weekend.
Old May 25, 2007, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by tann1001
Your chance of a bump this weekend is no greater than any other weekend.

False.

Why?
Airlines willingly oversell if the price is right.
There is not strong enough demand to oversell most flights most weekends. Demand is higher on holiday weekends and thus the number of bumps will increase.

Any bump run is you betting against complex very good computer systems. I flew 4 flights today. All 4 were overbooked. 3/4 had enough mis-connects/no-shows that AA bumped no-one. 1/4 more people than the AA computer predicted showed up and a couple people got bumped. I didn't get on the list soon enough so wasn't one of them.
Old May 26, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless

False.

Why?
Airlines willingly oversell if the price is right.
There is not strong enough demand to oversell most flights most weekends.
I disagree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.