Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) NW: YVR-BUH (Vancouver-Bucharest) $235CAD all in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NW: YVR-BUH (Vancouver-Bucharest) $235CAD all in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:53 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
I booked on NWA.com and I have not received my e-ticket number. Has anyone received it yet on NWA.com?
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:53 pm

Alright, just pulled the trigger on this. The nice thing about booking a stopover is that the base fare then becomes >$0 (my base fares look to be ~$120/ticket) so the odds of the tickets being honored possibly increase.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:55 pm

NW will normally email an eticket number in a few days as long as you got the purchase confimation email you are fine. Assuming of course NW honours the bookings at all.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I am actually scheduled to be in Bucharest from September 13 through September 22, 2007.

Because of the 352-day advance, I can only book up until September 20.

That figures — just my luck.

Is there any chance I can change the return date three days later after booking, or will I get zinged with a change fee and a drastic increase in the airfare?

Does anyone have any suggestions before this fare is pulled?

I greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:57 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by skye1
Am wondering the same question. Spoke with an NWA agent on it...she was too "in shock" over the fare to even comment on it's rules....
(Rock)et scientist!

CF
Old Oct 2, 2006, 11:58 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Am wondering the same question. Spoke with an NWA agent on it...she was too "in shock" over the fare to even comment on it's rules....

why the heck did you call them yet??
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:00 am

I'm not going to phone! But what is past history for NW on honoring this sort of deal?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:01 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
Originally Posted by LAX21
why the heck did you call them yet??

Someone did this in the early pages of the AZ YYZ-LCA deal and they were saying that they hoped they were rewarded for "narcing" and that their ticket would be honored and AZ would praise them.

Really not building community in my book.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by industry_killer
NW will normally email an eticket number in a few days as long as you got the purchase confimation email you are fine. Assuming of course NW honours the bookings at all.
I got my confirmation number and eticket number immediately.

I was able to look up my exisiting reservation online at nwa.com.

All says "confirmed".
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:02 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
This looks like a great deal for ST flyers. If it were *A I would jump on it. Still contemplating it. I scored a family vacation for my family with the AZ deal, this could be the next one.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Bless your heart. Perhaps you haven't been around long enough to know that one of the "10 Commandments" of mistake fares is:

1. Thou Shalt Not Call The Airline Until WELL AFTER The Fare Is Pulled.

You see, when you call the airline, they realize they've made a mistake. When they realize they've made a mistake, they pull the fare. When the rest of us can't get in on the fare, we get very, very testy.

So now you know.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by WillTravel
I'm not going to phone! But what is past history for NW on honoring this sort of deal?
Well, last year I booked 3 LCA-GEG-LCA trips for about $300.00 EA. They were honored and I was able to upgrade to Business also. It was also like this a "B" fare.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:05 am

What good stopovers are people getting? I've only been able to price out (at the cheap price) stopovers in AMS and WAS.

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
I'm in, Thanks OP

Looks like a fun way to spend Easter weekend

4/6 YVR-SEA-MSP-AMS
4/8 AMS-BUH
4/10 BUH-AMS
4/13 AMS-YVR

YVR-SEA-MSP-AMS(5675x1.5=8512.5 EQMs on CO)
AMS-BUH-AMS-YVR(6990x1.0=6990.0 EQMS on CO)
15,502 Total EQMs(on CO) and 15,831.00 Miles

$276 All IN ^

Last edited by windwalker; Oct 3, 2006 at 12:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am actually scheduled to be in Bucharest from September 13 through September 22, 2007.

Because of the 352-day advance, I can only book up until September 20.

That figures — just my luck.

Is there any chance I can change the return date three days later after booking, or will I get zinged with a change fee and a drastic increase in the airfare?

Does anyone have any suggestions before this fare is pulled?

I greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Well, I booked it anyway because I know I can cancel by tomorrow night.

In the meantime, if anyone can answer my request which I have quoted, I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.