Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) NW: YVR-BUH (Vancouver-Bucharest) $235CAD all in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NW: YVR-BUH (Vancouver-Bucharest) $235CAD all in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by Savage25
InterContinental Bucharest is available under the new PointBreaks redemptions for only 5,000 PC Points per night
Wow, that really is incredible !
I just confirmed 6 nights starting May 11, all for 30K points.
I will just stay in Bucharest for my whole first trip !
Thanks so much for the note !

I didn't see any mention of losing 5000 points with these point breaks rates. It did say in the T&C if I cancelled late on the day of arrrival I would be charged one days stay.....edited...never mind...I see it now in the fine print.

Still a fantastic deal ! You can even buy 5000 points for $50-60.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Mar 15, 2007 at 8:40 pm
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MACH81
I'm supposed to fly out tomorrow, but that ain't gonna happen unfortunately.

I booked on nwa.com, can I just call, ask to cancel and get a refund on my c/c within a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks.
Called, they said yes sure, done! They did not question about the fare. I guessed the fact that I never called for upgrades or changes helped.

Last edited by MACH81; Mar 29, 2007 at 5:57 pm
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:12 pm
aly

Smile wow..

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Still a fantastic deal ! You can even buy 5000 points for $50-60.
can u please let me know where we can get to purchase these points..?

tia
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:38 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Holy mother of Priority Club !!!!!

InterContinental Bucharest is available under the new PointBreaks redemptions for only 5,000 PC Points per night(regular IC redemption rates are 30,000 PC Points per night).

Note: PointBreaks cancellation policy is forfeiture of first night points, unlike regular PC Points redemptions.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hotel/buhha
Was wondering where I would stay. Now I know
Booked 3 night 4/10-4/13.Was dreading having to check out on the 12th-since I'm on the 0630 back to AMS. Dread no more.

Lets see
$260 Filght
2 FFN nights at Park Hyatt in Moscow
3(virtually) Free Nights at Intercontinental BUH
Sweeeeeeeeeeet !!!

Now to decide on my First/Only night in AMS(never been there before)
Arrive in AMS at 1:30 pm(4/7)- C&I will take, what an hour, or longer?
I depart the next morning for SVO at 9:35a.

I'm thinking that spending the night in Amsterdam might be tough(for me at least)to get back to the airport by 7:30a.(do I REALLY need 2 hours?)
Am thinking that the Sheraton Schiphol might be a better option(10000 *wood points or 150 Euro). Get a shower after the flight,then head into the city. Not have to stress in the morning if trains run late.

Thanks for Finding/Posting this Savage25-GREAT DEAL ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by aly
can u please let me know where we can get to purchase these points..?

tia
here you go https://priorityclub.points.com/purchase/index.jsp

It's simple. To purchase points you must purchase:
* a 1,000 point minimum and a 20,000 point maximum
* no more than a 20,000 point maximum per rolling 12
month period
* in 1,000 point increments for
1,000 to 5,000 points US $12.50 per 1,000 points
6,000 to 9,000 points US $11.00 per 1,000 points
10,000 to 20,000 points US $10.00 per 1,000 points
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Purchased the points tonight and it says you'll receive a confirmation email notifying you the points have been posted to your account within 48 hours, so here's hoping the room still available as a reward at that time.

Thanks for sharing the info as I had 2 nights left to cover off after 4 at JW Marriott and the rack rates very steep so this offer of USD$50/night to buy the points a steal of a deal. ^
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:04 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Always the helpful one, I am
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:09 am

Always the helpful one, I am
Modest too
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Thanks!!!!!!!

I bought the 20000 miles too and hope they post quickly so I can take advantage of this terrific deal.

Will make the stay in Bucharest much easier if it works.

^ ^
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Looks like they caughton to us. The dates that were available no longer are for me. Even before I got the 20000 points. But I hope to be able to use these on another run if it proves out wrong. Or possibly you guys just beat me to the punch.

My bad!! Must have had fat fingers again. Got the points this morning and was able to book 4 nights at the 5000 point level after all!

Thanks again, for solving that problem!!

Last edited by rtarbuck; Mar 16, 2007 at 9:00 am
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
I didn't see any mention of losing 5000 points with these point breaks rates. It did say in the T&C if I cancelled late on the day of arrrival I would be charged one days stay.....edited...never mind...I see it now in the fine print.
I don't see the fine print you are referencing. The only relevant statements I see are (emphasis mine):
Room and Rate Information
Rate Type: Reward Nights
Rate: 5000 Priority Club Points for Arrival Night
Total: 5000 Priority Club Points for Entire Stay
Rate Description: Use Priority Club Rewards Points to pay for your stay. Points will automatically be deducted at the time of booking.
Tax: 12% per night not included in rate effective [dates omitted]
9PCT VAT, 3PCT CITY TAX
Daily Parking Fee: 15,00 € (EUR)
Daily Valet Parking Fee: Complimentary Parking
Room Type: SUPERIOR ROOM - 3 PERSON(S) MAX PER ROOM
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Persons: 1 ADULT(S), 0 CHILD(REN)
Check-in Time: 02:00 PM
Check-out Time: 12:00 PM
Modify or Cancel Policy: If you need to modify or cancel your reservation, please do so before 4:00 PM (local hotel time) on [check-in date omitted] or your credit card will be billed for a minimum of 141.55 EUR plus tax
I don't see anything to suggest that a timely cancellation would cost me any money or points. What am I missing?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by MACH81
Called, they said yes sure, done! They did not question about the fare. I guessed the fact that I never called for upgrades or changes helped.
Great news for me then; I'll call today as I'm not planning on taking my trip in June; although that PC point deal sure made me have a second thought
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I don't see the fine print you are referencing. I don't see anything to suggest that a timely cancellation would cost me any money or points. What am I missing?
At first I didn't either.
It is buried in the site somewhere else,
and not apparent in the booking conditions
that come up with a booking.

So you might even be able to get out of it
if you need to cancel.

Cant seem to find it now at 4 AM,
but I printed the page out out yesterday.
I'll look again after I go back to sleep...

edit: here it is...

11. Priority Club® members who cancel their Reward Night reservation will have their points used for that reservation re-deposited into the member's Priority Club® account, and may be subjected to a processing fee. Priority Club members who do not cancel their Reward Night reservation by the cancellation deadline and do not use their reservation (no-show) are still subject to a no-show charge for the first night of the reservation, plus tax, per room, billed to the credit card used to guarantee the reservation upon booking. The points redeemed for the no-showed Reward Night reservation will be re-deposited into the member's Priority Club account, except for Priority Club PointBreaks reservations. Cancellations in conjunction with PointBreaks reservations will forfeit points equal to the first night of the reservation. Priority Club members who cancel a PointBreaks reservation will have points equal to the first night of the reservation deducted from their Priority Club account.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by windwalker
Now to decide on my First/Only night in AMS(never been there before)
Arrive in AMS at 1:30 pm(4/7)- C&I will take, what an hour, or longer?
I depart the next morning for SVO at 9:35a.

I'm thinking that spending the night in Amsterdam might be tough(for me at least)to get back to the airport by 7:30a.(do I REALLY need 2 hours?)
Am thinking that the Sheraton Schiphol might be a better option(10000 *wood points or 150 Euro). Get a shower after the flight,then head into the city. Not have to stress in the morning if trains run late.
Trains do not appear to run late here. (I'm currently in AMS on this deal)

I recommend coming into the city. There are a couple of nice 4*/5* properties that can be priceline'd for $100 +/- $10 per night. If you stick to the city center zone, you'll get something close to at least a tram line, if not a metro stop, although most things in central Amsterdam are easily accessible by foot. Train takes about twenty minutes from Schiphol to Centraal Station, and from there you can take a tram or walk to wherever your hotel is. Or, if your hotel is in the south a bit (perhaps the Hilton), you can get off the train at Amsterdam Zuid station and take a tram from there and avoid going all the way up to Centraal and back down again via tram, unless you want to sightsee from the train/tram window.

I'd go in, especially if you've never been to AMS before. If nothing else, you'll at least get the lay of the land and be a bit more comfortable when/if you ever return for a stay. That's basically how I'm treating my two day stopover here (also my first time in AMS). See a few things, but mostly get a feel for the city and a lay of the land so that next time it will be a piece of cake.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
lay of the land .......a piece of cake.
Sounds like you are already oriented.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.