Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) NW: YVR-BUH (Vancouver-Bucharest) $235CAD all in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) NW: YVR-BUH (Vancouver-Bucharest) $235CAD all in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 4:18 am
aly

i c...

Originally Posted by crimguy1976
Here's a suggestion. Wait until there's been some sort of seasonal schedule change. Those of us issued paper tkts by ZUJI obviously can't have it reissued by the agency, because they're overseas. .
ok, thanks for your info/update..
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Here's a suggestion. Wait until there's been some sort of seasonal schedule change. Those of us issued paper tkts by ZUJI obviously can't have it reissued by the agency, because they're overseas. NW will be forced to reissue for us, and by that, will take control of the PNR out of ZUJI's system. At that point, NW can't refer you back to the agency to make changes to the return, because the agency won't have it in their control. See...a nice easy way to get it done by NW without getting nasty (and probably deserved based on the tone of certain posts here) remarks placed in your PNR.
I posed this specific circumstance to Supervisor TC, and his response was that "any schedule change will be handled entirely at the discretion of Northwest."
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I posed this specific circumstance to Supervisor TC, and his response was that "any schedule change will be handled entirely at the discretion of Northwest."
OK that's very nice but I was referring to a way that would force NW to reissue the ticket for future "voluntary" changes by the customer. Please re-read my post fully. And I was referring to ZUJI customers only, since our agency is in Singapore.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
OK that's very nice but I was referring to a way that would force NW to reissue the ticket for future "voluntary" changes by the customer. Please re-read my post fully. And I was referring to ZUJI customers only, since our agency is in Singapore.
I know precisely what you were referring to, and am saying that NWA may well thwart even that approach.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
The randomness of it all is amazing to me

I was able to make inbound date changes yesterday on a travelocity issued e-ticket with a regular nwa agent without a hint of grief from nwa. Sorry to hear others are having trouble

On the flip side, Zuji is playing the go-around game with me and my tickets, asking "how do I know that the fare is being honoured" and we get back to you in 3 days ..while others have been reinstated

Seems like rules are being made on the fly and whichever way the wind blows, no policy whatsoever!

Last edited by rankourabu; Oct 9, 2006 at 8:18 am
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
After reading all the comments that some people are able to make changes to their tix and some don't, I wonder if it's going to make a difference by calling KLM directly in AMS and have them make the changes?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:16 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by rankourabu
The randomness of it all is amazing to me

I was able to make inbound date changes yesterday on a travelocity issued e-ticket with a regular nwa agent without a hint of grief from nwa. Sorry to hear others are having trouble

On the flip side, Zuji is playing the go-around game with me and my tickets, asking "how do I know that the fare is being honoured" and we get back to you in 3 days ..while others have been reinstated

Seems like rules are being made on the fly and whichever the wind blows, no policy whatsoever!
I for one am still in Frequent Flyer Purgatory doing my penance for "3 business days" and still hopefully awaiting word from Zuji...

I've got my hopes up that I too will soon go from hoping this will just get ticketed somehow to trying to insist on my inaliable rights as a ticketed passenger on a B fare to upgrade and make changes.

I have a question for those who have had their tickets reinstated by Zuji or whomever else -- when the tickets were reissued, were they still a B fare? Or did part of their solution entail just getting a seat for you on your dates in whatever fare class was cheapest for them to book you in?

peace,
~Ben~
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
After reading all the comments that some people are able to make changes to their tix and some don't, I wonder if it's going to make a difference by calling KLM directly in AMS and have them make the changes?
I'd like to hear more people's experience regarding to changes. Success stories, how much of the envelop you were able to push, extra costs, failure attempts, best approaches, etc.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by hw711
I'd like to hear more people's experience regarding to changes. Success stories, failure attempts, extra cost, best approaches, etc.
My approach was call in directly and say
I have a reservation with you guys, and I know I can make changes on the inbound, here is the conf #, here is the flights I want. Do it.
-Just a minute sir, lemme put in these flights for you.
*on hold for 30secs*
-Ok its all done, would you like the direct to YYZ
-No I want to fly NWA.
*hold again 20secs*
Process done *reviews flights again*
Then she changed the itin of the person travelling with me, took literaly 10secs.
I was very surprised how painless this was
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I know precisely what you were referring to, and am saying that NWA may well thwart even that approach.
That's nice, but when an airline (any airline) reissues an agency created PNR, it automatically takes control away from the agency. NW (or any airline for that matter) can't thwart that. In the ZUJI situation, these are mostly paper tickets so it's moot anyhow, the agency is in Singapore, the customer is in the U.S., therefore any reissues, voluntary or not, will take place at the NW ticket counter in the U.S. My suggestion, that you missed, was to wait for a normal schedule change to occur, take the tickets to the NW counter, get them reissued, and at that point the PNR is NW's, any subsequent changes, invol or vol will have to be done by NW, because ZUJI will no longer have any control of the PNR. This way, no one get's any nasty documentation in their PNR as you've done for yourself.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:42 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
You didn't happen to get the name and the direct extension for the CSR you spoke to, did you?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:13 am

I'm Pro-flyertalker but I see this situation too often. People get too greedy. I mean come on people. You got a great deal; why do you want to push for an upgrade and a cherry on top?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: CO-Gold
My approach was call in directly and say
I have a reservation with you guys, and I know I can make changes on the inbound, here is the conf #, here is the flights I want. Do it.
-Just a minute sir, lemme put in these flights for you.
*on hold for 30secs*
-Ok its all done, would you like the direct to YYZ
-No I want to fly NWA.
*hold again 20secs*
Process done *reviews flights again*
Then she changed the itin of the person travelling with me, took literaly 10secs.

I am traveling 5/19-26/07 YYZ-EWR-AMS-OTP.
I have tried the above approach 3 times to change my return to have a stop-over in AMS on 5/23/07 and continue with my original return on 5/26/07 from AMS-YYZ but to no avail. NWA always mentions that the fare was an error and they are honoring what has been ticketed but an change for an AMS stopover will incurr fare increases due to changing the ticket. I tell them about the fare rules that allow for "2 Free Stopovers" but because again it was an error there is nothing they can do about it. Anythoughts?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:22 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by deeoner
I am traveling 5/19-26/07 YYZ-EWR-AMS-OTP.
I have tried the above approach 3 times to change my return to have a stop-over in AMS on 5/23/07 and continue with my original return on 5/26/07 from AMS-YYZ but to no avail. NWA always mentions that the fare was an error and they are honoring what has been ticketed but an change for an AMS stopover will incurr fare increases due to changing the ticket. I tell them about the fare rules that allow for "2 Free Stopovers" but because again it was an error there is nothing they can do about it. Anythoughts?
Once you call and they tell you something, most likely they document that in your reservation so that mo matter how many times you try to call, they will give you the same answer. Once your reservation is so flagged, I think you are SOL.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
By all means don't go for the u/g then.. however leave me alone if I want too.. I'll do as I please whether people like you like it or not

Originally Posted by bumpme
I'm Pro-flyertalker but I see this situation too often. People get too greedy. I mean come on people. You got a great deal; why do you want to push for an upgrade and a cherry on top?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.