Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:42 am

I asked them for my tracking numbers and I got the following email about 15 minutes ago.
Ticket is still not cancelled.

Dear Tim,

Thank you for contacting CheapTickets®.

In reviewing your reservation, I show that paper tickets will be
delivered to you via UPS.

You can track your paper-ticket delivery on www.ups.com, using your UPS
tracking number. Your UPS tracking number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by berlinflyer
Orbitz has charged my credit card as well!!!!!!!

So I have ticket numbers and I have paid for...and they still refuse to give me the ticket???

Same in my case! All the tickets are cancelled now
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:43 am

Does a paper ticket have to be printed before a ticket number is assigned? If so, and if our credit cards were charged, would they not also have to destroy our property in order to dispose of the tickets, in addition to breaching our contracts?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:45 am

My ticket has already arrived in Cologne and is waiting for delivery
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
1. Any IATA carrier can cancel a booking made by another IATA carrier within 24 hours of booking for ANY reason whatsoever.

2. Airlines have no transport liability for tickets sold in violation of the fare rules or contract of carriage - minimum connection times, among other things fall within this realm.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:48 am

Programs: CO OP Serf
Just shot off an email to my uncle who is very well connected at the NY Times and will hopefully pass this info along and get something about it in there. If it shows up in the Times, you're going to see it all over, particularly local news. I think we'll get them on this one. It's just a matter of wait and see. On the plus side, my tix that I booked on the Canadian Travelocity are still good.

all my AZ legs disappeared from orbitz too. did anyone who picked overnight shipping get cancelations too? I'm trying not to kick myself for not paying a few $ for overnight.

not a pleasant way to start the day.

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
My ticketed reservations were cancelled.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by docr775
Yup. All on AZ metal. When I called about my ticket to Cyprus the CSR, laughing, told that AZ does not offer any tickets from North America to Europe under $800. If this gets ticketed I will laugh so hard!!!!!!
That's funny because AZ is often the cheapest carrier for North America to India ... in coach. Like $790 sometimes.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by thenewflesh
Just shot off an email to my uncle who is very well connected at the NY Times and will hopefully pass this info along and get something about it in there. If it shows up in the Times, you're going to see it all over, particularly local news. I think we'll get them on this one. It's just a matter of wait and see.
Best news I've heard all morning.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by zxcvbs
all my AZ legs disappeared from orbitz too. did anyone who picked overnight shipping get cancelations too? I'm trying not to kick myself for not paying a few $ for overnight.

not a pleasant way to start the day.
I paid for overnight via Orbitz, got a UPS TRACKING NUMBER from Orbitz, and still woke up to see the ticketed itin cancelled (and the unticketed itin in some sort of stasis)...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:50 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
1. Any IATA carrier can cancel a booking made by another IATA carrier within 24 hours of booking for ANY reason whatsoever.

2. Airlines have no transport liability for tickets sold in violation of the fare rules or contract of carriage - minimum connection times, among other things fall within this realm.
This may be INTRA-AGENCY rules, but last I checked those are not law...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joelfreak
This may be INTRA-AGENCY rules, but last I checked those are not law...
Actually, courts generally give significant deference to airline industry practices and customs. Hence the difficulty in meritoriously suing an airline for anything but its most egregious acts.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:56 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Cancelled. Wiped out even.

Used Orbitz and was successful just before 10:00 yesterday morning.
Rec'd email stamped 10:14 saying, "This email confirms the ticket numbers..."
This morning at 08:00, Orbitz website says, "This reservation has been cancelled." but full details are still showing (tix nos, flights, etc.).
Now (45 mins later), Orbitz my acct says "You have no trips booked." The link "Cancelled Trips" shows full details, but assigned seats (had 1 flight only) have disappeared.
This is disappointing. Does anyone with a later purchase time, still have an active res, with tix?
--
13F
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AAdvantage 1MM, Bonvoy, Hilton, IHG, Emerald (National), BA Emirates
I have never really had high expectation that this...

..."illusion" of a market fare would come true... but I am curious if attention from the press should turn out to result in some "restoration" to those of who made firm ticket purchases...

...did I screw myself out of eligibility by this?

I called Alitalia this morning, saying that I wanted to add my e-mail address. I was informed that the ticketing had not been processed, and my credit card had not been charged - - but the reservation was still being held, at the new fare of somewhere above $4000.

I did what seemed like the right (courteous) thing to do (to assist any passenger who actually wanted to buy that seat a that price - - and ther will be some) - - I canceled the reservation.

I guess I can check with AmEx to see if there is a record of the purchase having been made (it might have never happened). I have a record locator, but otherwise, I am not sure that I have any proof that they ever booked my reservation and recorded my purchase.

I am not really expecting nything, but it does seem like Alitalia could offer all the canceled passengers a "no penalty cancellation privilege" for any future Alitalia ravel, in the event we decide that we need to back out on a contractual purchase obligation, as they did.

Rex Bickers
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
[email protected]

Just in case the New York Times wants to know where to find me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.