Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Old Jun 12, 2007, 8:22 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Okay, I'll pad one on to the thread that can't seem to die!

My only issue I have left with my tix is getting NW to post one TATL seg. Glad, so glad, I never had to deal with The Gnome.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Are you still trying to get this thread up to 10k posts on your own?
No, 900+ posts won't happen, at least not by virtue or vice of me.

It's just that this ticket refund process is just what it is for some of us: no refunds yet.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
FWIW, my BBB-assisted Orbitz refund came through today.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Thanks for the update. 1/20 is a sign that Travelocity needs to tighten its ship.
Based on my experience, that's an improvement for Travelocity.

Sorry to hear that people are having refund issues; my refunds came through after about three months worth of phone calls to the Travelocity "VIP" line. Good luck!
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by GUWonder
No, 900+ posts won't happen, at least not by virtue or vice of me.

It's just that this ticket refund process is just what it is for some of us: no refunds yet.
Oh, trust me, I feel your pain. Many of the online TA's are such a pain to deal with. I refunded one of the LAX-AKL tickets via Orbitz, and I got all sorts of BS about just being able to apply the price of the ticket to another itinerary, less a refund fee, etc. Luckily, I spend too much time on FT, so I know the rules.

I took my two YYZ-LCA trips, so luckily I didn't have try and refund the CheapTickets that I had bought.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 6:41 pm

Got my refund a few days ago. Orbitz replied to my last BBB statement basically explaining how travel agents work and that the refund is in the hands of Alitalia. However, they also gave me 2 $25 vouchers for the next time I book plane tickets on Orbitz. Then I got the refund, though it appears from the reply I received that the refund would have come at the same time whether or not I had complained to the BBB.

I mailed the tickets to Orbitz a few days before the refund deadline and got the refund in mid-June, over 2 1/2 months later. While that's bad, it appears I'm still better off than some other FTers.

Now if only one didn't need to complain to the BBB in order to get an adequate reply.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
Can someone please tell me if I, as a non-US citizien or resident, can get the help of the BBB, and if so, how?

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:36 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
Can someone please tell me if I, as a non-US citizien or resident, can get the help of the BBB, and if so, how?

Thanks.
I filed my complaint, albeit from within the US, on http://www.bbb.com/. I would think you would be fine.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 2:12 pm
Suspended

What is the latest update with those who had not received their refunds as of a couple of months ago? Any luck in getting the matter resolved?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 4:14 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Do we have a grand total of tickets used on this fare? I used 5.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I was just curious if there were any refunds still outstanding... Bueller?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:23 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Die thread, die!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I was just curious if there were any refunds still outstanding... Bueller?
Actually, yeah. I asked for the refund a few weeks/days before the 1 year date. I got something in the mail saying it was being processed or something, but I never got the refund. Any ideas what I should do?
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Peatisback
There are at least several tickets that are outstanding for refund.

alphaeagle is not alone.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Actually, yeah. I asked for the refund a few weeks/days before the 1 year date. I got something in the mail saying it was being processed or something, but I never got the refund. Any ideas what I should do?
Did you send those tickets to Travelocity, some other online travel agency or to Alitalia yourself for refund?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.