Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
14,581 elite qualifying miles per trip was the minimum many of us got on these, with a more common 15,331 to 16,081 elite qualifying miles for others.
I was figuring just under 14k for FB as we only get 50% CoS and nothing extra for premium fares in the back (or am I missing something ) for the domestic Italian flights. Best I did was 6,611 for YYZ-FCO or v-v and 500 for a MXP-FCO or v-v leg. Might have gotten 100% for MXp-FCO last summer when AZ still had domestic BC. Never managed a double AZ flight per inbound or outbound leg which could have yielded 14,222 miles (YYZ-FCO-MXP/MXP-FCO-YYZ), or any reroutings on AZ to ATH.
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Finally received a check from Alitalia today for the cost of things I needed while my mishandled baggage was stuck in US customs for 10 days. They fully refunded the $316 I had requested.....
Old Apr 29, 2007, 11:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Travelocity has been completely non-responsive to our inquiries about the refund status. Repeated contact by phone and email has lead to nothing for nearly a month after the tickets were received by Travelocity's San Antonio office. They keep saying "we'll look into it" but still they seem clueless about previous inquiries into the matters.
Old May 2, 2007, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Anyone else still have outstanding ticket refunds with Travelocity.com (US)?

Travelocity doesn't get back at all despite what various employees at Travelocity's so-called "VIP" Priority Customer Service line say. And since the Travelocity Trip IDs are "old"/"non-existent" after this time, the agents find nothing and basically do nothing that is apparent to the customer most of the time. Sometimes Travelocity agents say they'll generate a new PNR and then pursue the matter that way, but that has done nothing either. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Orbitz and Cheaptickets have been much better in processing our refunds.
Old May 3, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone else still have outstanding ticket refunds with Travelocity.com (US)?
I am pretty sure my refund has not been issued yet (after 5 weeks). I'll probably renew my recovery efforts next week.
I wonder if Nicolo can help with Travelocity in some way...
Old May 3, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Originally Posted by azepine00
I am pretty sure my refund has not been issued yet (after 5 weeks). I'll probably renew my recovery efforts next week.
azepine00, wouldn't it have been much easier to join us, with your lovely sig other, for an FT reunion on the 18NOV flight to MXP! Having heard the NAN stories, the little L1011s would loved to have met you! Maybe next time!
Old May 3, 2007, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Travelocity is saying that they are waiting to hear back from the airline. Waiting to hear back what from the airline?
Old May 4, 2007, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by L1011...N/StoHNL!
azepine00, wouldn't it have been much easier to join us, with your lovely sig other, for an FT reunion on the 18NOV flight to MXP! Having heard the NAN stories, the little L1011s would loved to have met you! Maybe next time!
Aligning our vacation time proved to be very difficult but I hoped until the very last moment to make it. Oh well, next time. And now I have to deal with travelocity...
Old May 7, 2007, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Travelocity Customer Relations is proving to be a major clown operation, with people who can't listen or read properly.

They are now asking for credit card statements indicating what they call "over charging". What does "over charging" have to do with paper tickets returned to them? Nothing.

Find the paper tickets and process the refunds!!!

Lots of fees paid to book travel on Travelocity, and this is the kind of clown response to be expected for being a "Travelocity VIP".
Old May 8, 2007, 1:44 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Travelocity Customer Relations is proving to be a major clown operation, with people who can't listen or read properly.

They are now asking for credit card statements indicating what they call "over charging". What does "over charging" have to do with paper tickets returned to them? Nothing.

Find the paper tickets and process the refunds!!!

Lots of fees paid to book travel on Travelocity, and this is the kind of clown response to be expected for being a "Travelocity VIP".
With Travelocity you never roam alone...
Old May 8, 2007, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
With Travelocity you never roam alone...
The Travelocity gnome as Voodoo doll?
Old May 10, 2007, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call #1: disconnected 15 min into "investigation"
Call #2: requested to speak with a supervisor; gave up after 65 min on hold
Old May 10, 2007, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Call #1: disconnected 15 min into "investigation"
Call #2: requested to speak with a supervisor; gave up after 65 min on hold
No surprise. Given their bumbling around in responding, I get the sense that Travelocity just has dropped the ball on these refunds.
Old May 16, 2007, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
My refund related interaction with Orbitz has been painful and non-conclusive to say the least...

MY FIRST E-MAIL: ...I cancelled these reservations before flying, and then returned the tickets to Orbitz by Federal Express. The tracking number was XXX XXX XXX. In the package with the tickets, I included a memo from Alitalia informing that these tickets were in fact refundable. Would you be able to let me know when the refund will be processed?

ORBITZ RESPONSE: ...With regards to your query, please note that refunds to your credit card take an average 1-2 billing cycles to process, i.e, around 30 to 60 days.

MY 2ND E-MAIL: ...Thank you. Can you confirm that the refund is being processed?

ORBITZ RESPONSE: ...To obtain a refund, first verify that you have a refundable ticket by calling CheapTickets (????) ... You must mail your paper tickets to the following address...

MY 3RD E-MAIL: ...Did you read the original correspondence? The tickets have been returned via Fedex with a memo from the airline indicating the tickets were refundable. I would simply like to know the status of the refund.

ORBITZ RESPONSE: ...With regards to your query, if the ticket is refundable, please note that refunds to your credit card take an average 1-2 billing cycles to process, i.e, around 30 to 60 days. We appreciate your patience.

(I backed off for a month off until today to simmer down about these idiots. The refund hasn't come through, so I'm back on it...)

MY 4TH E-MAIL: ...I am following up on a refund for said tickets...Can you confirm that the refund is being processed?....

ORBITZ RESPONSE: ...With response to your, a refund is usually processed within 3-5 business days and would be verifiable by your credit card issuing bank at this time. However, depending on the cut-off time of your billing statement...

MY 5TH E-MAIL: I am sorry, but you have not answered my original question: Can you confirm that the refund is being processed?

and on...and on...and on...

Have any of you had Orbitz issues?

Can these agents read...or write anything but canned responses? (I'm thinking no, because the last agent forgot to delete "FREE FORM - This category is to be used ONLY when you cannot find
a specific response."
from the end of her response.)
Old May 16, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
After reading some of the posts that seem to indicate a very frustrating experience with some of the TA's getting a refund, I would like to make the following recommendation based upon my own experiences in the past:

1) Do not try to resolve anything with the generic email address. The email address needs to be of someone specific. Details on that in next steps. The emails some of you get are standard canned responses that the rep doesn't even read; they just slap on some boilerplate material and send off the reply. It is almost pointless, except to have a electronic trail of their ineptness that you can use against them.

2) Do call their 800 number and be prepared with all the details/documentation. When you get a CSR, be sure to get their name first and then politely inform them that you need to speak with a supervisor regarding your issue because it can only be resolved by them. Be prepared for a long wait (I have personally spent nearly an hour on the phone).

3) Once on the phone with the supervisor, get their name and try to work with that specific supervisor and document anything said, and ask if their is a case number and/or an email address of an individual to contact for follow up.

4) If no resolution is possible with CSR via phone, time to ratchet it up. Somewhere within this wonderful website are names/numbers/email addresses of executives for the related TA's. The execs you are looking for are either for VP of CS or Ops. You will need to email them detailing the ticket info as well as your ordeal, detailing the situation. I found that a call is generally more persuasive, but I do that as a follow up to the email, as well as a certified letter. You should include the supervisor's name, date and time that you spoke with. There is a good chance you still will not get a response.

5) Call the number for the corp. office that the exec is located in after a certain amount of time if no replies came from email/snail mail. You will, in all likelihood, get there assistant or screener. Refer to your email, and preferably also the letter that you sent certified. Once you get to that level, you should, in my experience, be able to get some leverage and action should start to occur.

I know that this is not how a refund should be processed and shame on the TA's to have there customers go through this. However, if you are determined to get your money back, this may be the only effective method. I know it seems like a waste of time, and in many views, it is, but that is a decision for each individual to make.

Good luck to those who still are in pursuit of a refund... I feel for you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.