Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FourWheels
I hope AZ remains in Italian hands... shudder to see/hear the safety video dubbed in Russian. Just say, "Nyet!"
AZ hasn't made a profit since 1998 from what I read recently. And in 2006 their loss was significantly greater than in 2005 (i.e., a loss of $400+ million comes to mind for 2006???). I'm not sure what explains the growing losses at AZ given that 2006 was, relatively-speaking, a pretty good year for the global aviation industry. Personally, I would not look forward to AZ being taken over by Aeroflot, especially seeing the pricing and mileage-earning implications that happened on French-Netherland routes would probably hit the Italy-Russia flights too.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by GUWonder
AZ hasn't made a profit since 1998 from what I read recently. And in 2006 their loss was significantly greater than in 2005 (i.e., a loss of $400+ million comes to mind for 2006???). I'm not sure what explains the growing losses at AZ given that 2006 was, relatively-speaking, a pretty good year for the global aviation industry. Personally, I would not look forward to AZ being taken over by Aeroflot, especially seeing the pricing and mileage-earning implications that happened on French-Netherland routes would probably hit the Italy-Russia flights too.
Hopefully they won't pin it on FlyerTalk.

I don't have any experience with Aeroflot, so not sure if they'd be a better partner than AF/KL. If they're bleeding that much, something has to be done, for sure.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Hopefully they won't pin it on FlyerTalk.

I don't have any experience with Aeroflot, so not sure if they'd be a better partner than AF/KL. If they're bleeding that much, something has to be done, for sure.
Too many Aeroflot experiences for my lifetime. Last I want to see is an AZ-coded flight being an IL plane.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:14 am

Programs: AC *E
Farewell LCA Deal!

We only took two LCA trips but they were the highlights of our 2006 travelling. Really interesting area of the world that we would not otherwise have visited. Thanks to rosj and all those who posted helpful hints.

The only disappointment is that with the deal expiring there is no way we will ever get to 10,000 posts!

RIP YYZ-LCA.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ohcanada
The only disappointment is that with the deal expiring there is no way we will ever get to 10,000 posts!
True, unless something radical were to happen.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ohcanada
Not unless we get a certain Omni poster to come over. Then we'd be over 10k posts by this evening.

However, I wouldn't want to sully the good reputation of this forum for only numerical gain.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:18 am
Suspended

Not unless we get a certain Omni poster to come over. Then we'd be over 10k posts by this evening.

However, I wouldn't want to sully the good reputation of this forum for only numerical gain.
I was thinking something more akin to AZ telling the airlines that these trips were not supposed to earn miles.

Thankfully, that's not going to happen either.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I was thinking something more akin to AZ telling the airlines that these trips were not supposed to earn miles.

Thankfully, that's not going to happen either.
Perish the thought!!!
Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:50 am
Suspended

For the record, I'd like to note that a friend of mine has the hots for a certain AZ agent who works check-in at YYZ. (Duck for cover until he hits me. )

If she gets to this thread, she should be aware that her beauty, like her coy questions about the purpose of his trips to LCA and interests in Italy, were appreciated.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the record, I'd like to note that a friend of mine has the hots for a certain AZ agent who works check-in at YYZ. (Duck for cover until he hits me. )

If she gets to this thread, she should be aware that her beauty, like her coy questions about the purpose of his trips to LCA and interests in Italy, were appreciated.
A certain dark haired young lady who works the Magnifica check-in?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Yes, and I know her name too, if he got it correctly from her. I did tell him that I believe she may have had a silver/white gold/platinum-colored ring on her hand, albeit without stones, so he should make of that what he wishes.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Yes, and I know her name too, if he got it correctly from her. I did tell him that I believe she may have had a silver/white gold/platinum-colored ring on her hand, albeit without stones, so he should make of that what he wishes.
In the Magnifica line... shoulder length hair? Very nice, pleasant to talk to?

If it is who I suspect it is, I can see why She unfortunately doesn't work for AZ, but is a handling agent. She was disappointed that there were no real perks; according to her, there are only 2 or 3 real AZ agents. I felt rather bad for her and her colleagues not able to fly to Italy for free.

Hmm... I guess if we are going to talk about some experiences with interactions with AZ agents, this might just hit the next K mark.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:10 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Hmmmm, the FT "buddy" I flew with appreciated the beauty of a certain dark-haired agent with a ring on her left hand at check-in. I wonder if we have the same friend and if we're all talking about the same agent. I suppose I'll find out as soon as he reads these posts.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I imagine folks are generally talking about the same AZ CSR. I understand that many male FTers felt they had a better LCA trip experience having checked in with her.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
In the Magnifica line... shoulder length hair? Very nice, pleasant to talk to?

If it is who I suspect it is, I can see why She unfortunately doesn't work for AZ, but is a handling agent. She was disappointed that there were no real perks; according to her, there are only 2 or 3 real AZ agents. I felt rather bad for her and her colleagues not able to fly to Italy for free.

Hmm... I guess if we are going to talk about some experiences with interactions with AZ agents, this might just hit the next K mark.
Yes.

Well, the DL agents at MXP are more flirty with me than AZ agents anywhere, so I won't be getting this thread to the 9k mark with any soap-operaish flying tales. Maybe someone else.

In any event, I'm sure the guy with the hots for her appreciates a conversation starter piece for his next AZ trip out of YYZ. Too bad it won't be on one of these fares. (Come on AZ, give us another one of these glitches. ^^)

Originally Posted by FourWheels
Hmmmm, the FT "buddy" I flew with appreciated the beauty of a certain dark-haired agent with a ring on her left hand at check-in. I wonder if we have the same friend and if we're all talking about the same agent. I suppose I'll find out as soon as he reads these posts.
Are you talking about Mr. H or a WAS lurker or someone else? Either case, we may be on the same page, as I think the latter is an acquaintance of mine whom I'm still trying to "bait" into posting while the former posts quite good stuff already.

Originally Posted by gleff
I imagine folks are generally talking about the same AZ CSR. I understand that many male FTers felt they had a better LCA trip experience having checked in with her.
Yes.

By the way, we must not forget Nicolo either, for he made things work out more for a number of us than otherwise would have been the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.