Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Help! Trying to get a family of 4 on this deal, but unable to get any dates to work on Orbitz or CheapTickets. Would prefer to get a minimum of one week during the summer with most of the time spent in FCO. Anybody pull up any dates, please email me. Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I have seats on my AC and AA flights, but says the Cyprus/Alitalia flights will be assigned at airport. Are the rest of you getting this as well?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:40 pm
Suspended

i guess since the tickets are refundable and changeable, the insurance is pointless, no?

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I have seats on my AC and AA flights, but says the Cyprus/Alitalia flights will be assigned at airport. Are the rest of you getting this as well?
Yes, I only get seats for the longhauls....
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does anyone still see any availability for Thur/Fri-->Mon trips over the summer? I was in the middle of nbooking two trips and stupid Orbitz crashed and I couldn't retrieve what I had - now all their results show no availability when booking.

Travelocity has been completely useless and never showed the fare to me at all while Orbitz still had it bookable
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by anonplz
So how would you rate transatlantic business class on AZ? If anybody knows, you do.
Transatlantic? You mean Trans-EurAsia? (Ok, some of one and a lot of the other. )

IMO, AZ's 777 biz seats are better than all the US carrier's biz seats currently in service. AZ's 767 -- which is what seems currently scheduled -- seats are not as great but are comfortable enough. The big shortcoming is lack of personal in-flight entertainment for the current 767 seats. (The 777's IFE system is rather good.) [AZ's not unknown for swapping equipment.]

AZ's in-flight service I find to be generally better (and more genuine) than most other US and European carriers. I do find AZ's catering to be somewhat weak. The real downside for me on AZ's long-haul service is AZ's ground operation and the lack of personal IFE on the 767s and problems with the audio feed at the seats.

AZ's lounges at MXP have too few showers (most of the time) and are too crowded and have little to offer most of the time. (They also removed the free internet computers due to anti-terrorism legislation and never cared to do the necessary to put it back in.) Also, the "rescreening" security process can be a pain (although nowhere near as idiotically intrusive as at FRA, AMS and CDG). A MXP issue is the airport's heavy reliance on buses instead of jet bridges.

Programs: UA 1P, *A Gold, SPG Gold
Found lots of dates with "D" class on ExpertFlyer, however niether Cheaptickets nor Orbitz bring up ANY fares when searching for Business on Alitalia. When putting this on any airline, just gets really high fares on combination of airlines.....

Don't think this will be around much longer...

Also for those getting seated in economy on your YYZ-NYC/IAD/BOS portions are most likely flying on an RJ with no J section.... I pulled up some fares that had E75 on the EWR-YYZ on AC with seats in business...

-mike
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Ok so i've got a booking reference...ticket #'s and seating assignments...

...so now do i just hold my breath until the paper tix arrive (5 to 7 days for canada) or is there anything else i can do?? Please help first time booking one of these fares. Any words of encouragement?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:42 pm

Assumed gone? Not seeing anything for early June?? tried cheaptickets, orbitz, travelocity. rats....

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mikew44
Found lots of dates with "D" class on ExpertFlyer, however niether Cheaptickets nor Orbitz bring up ANY fares when searching for Business on Alitalia. When putting this on any airline, just gets really high fares on combination of airlines.....

Don't think this will be around much longer...

-mike
YES FAREALERT IS A STUPID AND REDICILOUS IDEA.
Suspended

Originally Posted by FOOLISHRUNNER
Help! Trying to get a family of 4 on this deal, but unable to get any dates to work on Orbitz or CheapTickets. Would prefer to get a minimum of one week during the summer with most of the time spent in FCO. Anybody pull up any dates, please email me. Thanks!
When I looked at inventory, I could not recall seeing a single flight where there was more than 2 seats in the D-fare inventory. (I am not saying it wasn't out there, because it was, but it was very hard to find.)
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HomerJ
...so now do i just hold my breath until the paper tix arrive (5 to 7 days for canada) or is there anything else i can do?? Please help first time booking one of these fares. Any words of encouragement?
Just wait for the tickets to arrive at your address, and if they come, you'll be fine.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:44 pm

Got it for the 9th-12th of Nov on Orbitz. I was also able to pull it on Alitalia's web site after I logged in to my AZ FF account.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:45 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
I just don't understand why people expect, almost insit the airlines honor these when they are Obviosly mistakes.... Sigh... Did any one take contract law?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:45 pm
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Originally Posted by dcstudent
I asked the same question earlier and was told not to worry about it by those who frequent those flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.