Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
If a stopover or reroute is requested/added after original ticketing, then that's another matter and is far more likely to result in a repricing/add-collect. This is where it could turn financially ugly. A simple date change needs not be ugly financially if the same "D" inventory is available on the desired travel date.
so one couldn't add stopovers after ticketing without being charged the difference? I was kind of hoping for that...
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:09 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Booked on Orbitz a short while ago.
The european legs also show as being in economy for me now...
is anyone able to pull the reservation on checkmytrip or alitalia's website? i was unsuccessful on both sites... still shows confirmed on orbitz
Thanks OP for the find!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:09 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by AVIZ
FYI- I was just told by an Orbitz rep that the Italy-CYP flights are one class of service.
We're on CY317 (FCO-LCA) and CY316 (LCA-FCO) in February and the CY website shows the A320 having 15 J seats, Euro-style 2/3.

Got confirmation from Orbitz at 10:07 PDT (13:07 EDT) today; took Orbitz around 10 minutes to send the email. $181 each for the 2 of us all in.

We're on DL metal JFK-FCO-JFK. Haven't ridden up front on longhaul DL 767s - which 767 is it?

What a morning.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by zxcvbs
so one couldn't add stopovers after ticketing without being charged the difference? I was kind of hoping for that...
Well, you can always try your luck. Perhaps the only thing that would happen would be an add-collect for taxes. But if you hear the term "repricing" be very careful.

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Had to do 2 stops but got close

For my dates the $39 wasn't working, but for $200US all in got it through Orbitz: YYZ-EWR-MXP-LCA, LCA-FCO-JFK-YYZ

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
... A simple date change needs not be ugly financially if the same "D" inventory is available on the desired travel date.

Strange, I am seeing one of my itins booked w/ ECONOMY for MXP-LCA-MXP, and EWR-YYZ as well. I think some others have posted the same.

Does that still mean I can change dates? I coulda sworn I originally booked in Biz all the way. My other bookings all show Biz... but they were all AZ metal.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN CX GOLD SPG PLT Hyatt Diamond IC PLT Royal Ambassador
if the flight from MXP to LCA is fully booked in Business it will book you automatically in Y .

No big deal cause alot of FT`s will join every day the flight to LCA and back

Originally Posted by dcstudent
For my dates the $39 wasn't working, but for $200US all in got it through Orbitz: YYZ-EWR-MXP-LCA, LCA-FCO-JFK-YYZ
Re-read the first post. $39 is the base fare.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by LAX21
Booked on Orbitz a short while ago.
The european legs also show as being in economy for me now...
is anyone able to pull the reservation on checkmytrip or alitalia's website? i was unsuccessful on both sites... still shows confirmed on orbitz
Thanks OP for the find!
One FTer can check Alitalia's reservation system. I'll PM him to ask if he wants me to mention his name here.

"Prepare for the deluge!"

Help

how are you getting the fare, the cheapest I see is $800- how are you getting business class?

Well, you can always try your luck. Perhaps the only thing that would happen would be an add-collect for taxes. But if you hear the term "repricing" be very careful.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by AVIZ
FYI- I was just told by an Orbitz rep that the Italy-CYP flights are one class of service.
Not true. If you look at the Cyprus Airways websites, their 319's and 320's have a two-class cabins. AZ timetable doesn't show any AZ-operated flights (ex-MXP or FCO to LCA, they're all CY-operated).
Suspended

Programs: UA UGS and 1K Thrice over this year
I booked two tickets eliaer--seperate reservations--and the confirmation e-mails and ticketing info was sent outin about 15 minutes.

BUT!!!! I just bought another two tickets for buddies, and no e-mails or ticket numbers--it's been 20 minutes!!!!

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Strange, I am seeing one of my itins booked w/ ECONOMY for MXP-LCA-MXP, and EWR-YYZ as well. I think some others have posted the same.

Does that still mean I can change dates? I coulda sworn I originally booked in Biz all the way. My other bookings all show Biz... but they were all AZ metal.
The rules to the fare specifically state that the Canada - US portion of the routing are booked in Y.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Anyone having problems with Orbitz for 2007 dates? its telling me date has already passed and defaulting to the same month in 2006.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
We're on CY317 (FCO-LCA) and CY316 (LCA-FCO) in February and the CY website shows the A320 having 15 J seats, Euro-style 2/3.

Got confirmation from Orbitz at 10:07 PDT (13:07 EDT) today; took Orbitz around 10 minutes to send the email. $181 each for the 2 of us all in.

We're on DL metal JFK-FCO-JFK. Haven't ridden up front on longhaul DL 767s - which 767 is it?

What a morning.
= What did you use to get the flights out of JFK?

Thanks,
A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.