Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Old Apr 6, 06, 9:19 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
I booked on Cheaptickets on Wednesday about 3:00amPST and my complete reservation still shows up. My reservation is for end-July and it still doesnt show a tracking number. I chose second day air so hopefully it comes in tomorrow. Has anyone asked for their tracking numbers who also chose second day air??? What does the UPS website say about the status????

I also have a ticket number
Dont worry about it.. I still dont have a tarcking numbers but the tickets are in my hand right now.. I dont think they ever update those...
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM BA-S HH-D MB-S IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Peatisback, thanks for the information.

If someone:

-with a ticket number
-without ticket in hand/en route
-with a cancelled reservation

recieves an e-mail/sees that their reservation has been "automatically" reinstated, please let us know.

I will eventually call and harangue Orbitz if need be, but if it appears that they are reinstating reservations on their own, I'll sit tight.

My travel isn't until February, so I expect to be at the bottom of the list.
You are describing my situation. If/when things get cleared up, I will post here.
--
13F
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:27 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
Originally Posted by myn4
This is the first in a long series of fare mistakes I've been able to tach onto... deal with it, and please stop wasting their money in phone time.....
Really? please you did not mean that.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kahuna
Similar situation with confirmed reservation, seat allocations and no ticket numbers. Waited over an hour before talking to a supervisor named Robin who had zero customer service skills. Requested the corporate office address to mail a claim to and he hung-up on me. Now I am really upset at Orbitz and determined to obtain compensation for the Delta tickets I purchased for travel to and from Toronto.
Why would you book tickets dependent on other tickets which weren't even ticketed yet?

Further, why would you book ANYTHING (Hotels, car, beach umbrella) related to LCA this early in the game unless it's 100% refundable? Seems like you're just asking to get bit.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I just got off of the phone with orbitz. The nice CSA I talked to put me on hold for a few minutes, and then came back and started to read the exact same statement that someone who was not ticketed posted...."Due to a data-entry error by Alitalia, an inaccurate business-class fare for flights between Toronto, Canada, and Larnaca, Cyprus, was posted on several online travel sites, including Orbitz. Your request was received..." Then she added, "before we were aware of the problem and your ticket is being worked on by the ticketing department. You'll be able to enjoy your trip to Cyprus!" She also said that it might take a few days before it's updated, and encouraged me to call back to check.

I thanked her profusely! I need a hotel for Madrid and London next week. Orbitz, here I come!

Thanks so much for posting, rosj! Really looking forward to travelling somewhere I might not have ever gone otherwise. Now I just need to work in a stopover in Rome!

FYI, my wife booked the ticket at about 7:45 AM PDT.

Last edited by lateacher; Apr 6, 06 at 9:34 pm Reason: add time booked
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:36 pm

I called Orbitz and they gave the UPS tracking # for the reinstated tickets, it shows "billing info received", they said it will ship tomorrow.

So let's assume now that all ticketed reservations are save and dont worry about that anymore. ^

Now the only thing I would like to know what is the changes policy for this fare. If somebody could explain that it would be great
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
[QUOTE=mymiles2go]Why would you book tickets dependent on other tickets which weren't even ticketed yet?}

The connecting flights were booked once I viewed a confirmed reservation on orbitz and had charges applied to my credit card. You should be questioning Orbitz and not the customers who are not having confirmed reservations honored.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA UGS and 1K Thrice over this year
Originally Posted by lateacher
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I thanked her profusely! I need a hotel for Madrid and London next week. Orbitz, here I come!

I agree with the Orbitz booking... I just canceled 12 hotel reservations on Travelocity and rebooked 11 with Orbitz.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA UGS and 1K Thrice over this year
[QUOTE=Kahuna]
Originally Posted by mymiles2go
Why would you book tickets dependent on other tickets which weren't even ticketed yet?}

The connecting flights were booked once I viewed a confirmed reservation on orbitz and had charges applied to my credit card. You should be questioning Orbitz and not the customers who are not having confirmed reservations honored.
NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL TICKETING: PLEASE UNDERSTAND.
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why would you book tickets dependent on other tickets which weren't even ticketed yet?

Further, why would you book ANYTHING (Hotels, car, beach umbrella) related to LCA this early in the game unless it's 100% refundable? Seems like you're just asking to get bit.
]

Agree with this post. A little patience is critical in these scenarios.

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by lateacher
Your request was received..." Then she added, "before we were aware of the problem and your ticket is being worked on by the ticketing department. You'll be able to enjoy your trip to Cyprus!"
Had you been issued ticket numbers previously?
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something

Yeah, never book anything in these situations. I did set up my nights at Hilton with points, but those are easily refundable.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
I booked on Cheaptickets on Wednesday about 3:00amPST and my complete reservation still shows up. My reservation is for end-July and it still doesnt show a tracking number. I chose second day air so hopefully it comes in tomorrow. Has anyone asked for their tracking numbers who also chose second day air??? What does the UPS website say about the status????

I also have a ticket number
I have already answered this a couple of times but the cheaptickets website is incapable of listing a tracking number. If you want it, either email them or call them and they will give it to you.

My tickets were overnight and both arrived today, the tracking number from cheaptickets actually came about 15 min after the tickets arrived.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by wentona777
Had you been issued ticket numbers previously?
Yes, it was ticketed. It was booked just before 8 AM PDT and ticketed before 9 AM.
Old Apr 6, 06, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by docr775
I got the "Screw you e-mail" and I just got off the phone with Orbitz and I got the message that "since you do not have ticket numbers, you are out of luck". I booked a UA ticket to Kix and I will be enjoying the $3.00 Hilton reservation that Expedia will honor. I also sent an e-mail to Orbitz to kiss my behind and told them that they lost a customer for life. I also called AZ and cancelled both my J trips to Milan later in the year. When they asked me the reason, I quoted them the Orbitz reservation code. If they do not honor their errors why should they get my cash for all the other tickets? I decide to vote with my wallet.
Again, it's not up to Orbitz on whether to issue and honor the tickets - it's solely within AZ's purview, and Orbitz is basically just along for the ride at this point.

Search this Thread