Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I'm willing to bet that while there may have been 1000+ bookings, the number of actual TICKETS issued proved to be far lower, and a number that presumably AZ could ultimately live with (albeit with some uber-shrewd revenue management for the next few months).
For AZ, "uber-shrewd revenue management" translates to, "Oops, it's time to ask the government for another bailout."
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
My travel isn't until February, so I expect to be at the bottom of the list.
My travels are also in Feb. I have two trips both in February 2007. Both got ticket # issued. One of them is on DL metal all the way to Rome, IT. All appear on DL as ticketed and confirmed.

Now to wait for my paper tickets. Hope they come soon.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:52 pm

I got the "Screw you e-mail" and I just got off the phone with Orbitz and I got the message that "since you do not have ticket numbers, you are out of luck". I booked a UA ticket to Kix and I will be enjoying the $3.00 Hilton reservation that Expedia will honor. I also sent an e-mail to Orbitz to kiss my behind and told them that they lost a customer for life. I also called AZ and cancelled both my J trips to Milan later in the year. When they asked me the reason, I quoted them the Orbitz reservation code. If they do not honor their errors why should they get my cash for all the other tickets? I decide to vote with my wallet.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:54 pm

the same old question

if the reservations are honored should we expect they will be easily changeable are the normal reservations in this fare class are?

what changes are allowed without fees?
only the dates? or if for example I say I would like to fly XXZ to LCA on another date but my original Milan connection is not available, but the Rome connection is available would I be able to make this change (different date, different connection) without a fee??

would anybody familiar with this type of fare please explain? thanks!

also is two- or more- night stopover allowed normally with this type of fare?

thanks in advance!

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Were yours never cancelled? Did you ever get a tracking number?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by aviationkiwi
My travels are also in Feb. I have two trips both in February 2007. Both got ticket # issued. One of them is on DL metal all the way to Rome, IT. All appear on DL as ticketed and confirmed.

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
What are some thoughts about changing dates and adding stopovers?

I'm assuming since these fares will be honored, the restrictions/fare rules will be honored as well?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I assume that -- so far -- every indication is that they're honoring the fare rules in addition to the reservations? (And NO, I *do not* suggest asking this question yet... let's get tickets... let things settle down, get everyone rebooked.. and THEN ask about date changes etc.)
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Got my tickets via UPS today

Sorry if this is old news......took the wait and see attitude and found my tickets at the front door when I got home.

I bought my tickets via Cheaptickets back where there were only 140 posts and paid extra for express delivery. Got ticket numbers within an hour and have been waiting for tracking number ever since. Well the tracking number never displayed and I am holding tickets in my hands.

Good luck to all...
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Called Orbitz earlier this evening. They gave me a tracking number and stated res will be reinstated. Ticket numbers were issued minutes after I paid yesterday....and DL flights are still intact on res. My only concern is the connection from DL to AZ at JFK is 10 min shy of the legal 120 minutes. I'm not concerned about not making the connection, but moreso that AZ will cancel the booking again. Interesting to note, on dl.com you can book that exact same connection under DL flight numbers, as married segments, and not point to point.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aviationkiwi

I booked on Cheaptickets on Wednesday about 3:00amPST and my complete reservation still shows up. My reservation is for end-July and it still doesnt show a tracking number. I chose second day air so hopefully it comes in tomorrow. Has anyone asked for their tracking numbers who also chose second day air??? What does the UPS website say about the status????

I also have a ticket number

Last edited by UCSBCHRIS2002; Apr 6, 2006 at 8:13 pm
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I've been on the phone (hold) for almost 2 hours now with Orbitz trying to get some satisafaction for being a canceled, non-ticket # holder. I am in the queue for a supervisor named Daniel, but he's declining my call. Has anyone ever gotten a voucher from Orbitz? They claim they don't give them.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by crimguy1976
Called Orbitz earlier this evening. They gave me a tracking number and stated res will be reinstated. Ticket numbers were issued minutes after I paid yesterday....and DL flights are still intact on res. My only concern is the connection from DL to AZ at JFK is 10 min shy of the legal 120 minutes. I'm not concerned about not making the connection, but moreso that AZ will cancel the booking again. Interesting to note, on dl.com you can book that exact same connection under DL flight numbers, as married segments, and not point to point.

What time did you book if you do not mind?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA UGS and 1K Thrice over this year
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
I've been on the phone (hold) for almost 2 hours now with Orbitz trying to get some satisafaction for being a canceled, non-ticket # holder. I am in the queue for a supervisor named Daniel, but he's declining my call. Has anyone ever gotten a voucher from Orbitz? They claim they don't give them.
This is the first in a long series of fare mistakes I've been able to tach onto... deal with it, and please stop wasting their money in phone time.....
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by JMR
I have two with TIX numbers, one without. Orbitz says all three will not be honored. I'm hoping it's just a contingency they had not considered, or that the CSR is a bit clueless.

Ask for a supervisor, and make sure you have 055 ticket numbers, then tell them they are suppose to honor them and check with a supervisor. Many first line employee dont know but surpervisors do...

-Vincent
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
Similar situation with confirmed reservation, seat allocations and no ticket numbers. Waited over an hour before talking to a supervisor named Robin who had zero customer service skills. Requested the corporate office address to mail a claim to and he hung-up on me. Now I am really upset at Orbitz and determined to obtain compensation for the Delta tickets I purchased for travel to and from Toronto.

Last edited by Kahuna; Apr 6, 2006 at 8:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.