Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

Old May 8, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ TK M&S
Summer in NZ is always tougher I think, byeah my random Auckland => Houston flight showing half the seats occupied already is uh… not great LOL
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Summer in NZ is always tougher I think, byeah my random Auckland => Houston flight showing half the seats occupied already is uh… not great LOL
Yikes! Haha! Anybody hoping to use PlusPoints for an upgrade won't be happy either!
Old May 8, 2024, 11:25 pm

Just booked one for AKL-MEL (Dec 5, QF) and return MEL-NYC (Feb 18, UA) using a previous browser tab on my phone to book. Trip has shown up on my United and credit card has been charged. I can still see the availability on GF on other dates, and when I click through to United, I can see the price (AUD 7119 ~ USD 4700). May be sensitive to the currency choice?
Old May 9, 2024, 5:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
If for some reason we need to cancel this ticket (absent schedule changes), does anyone know if there are restrictions on the "future flight credit" the cancellation would trigger? Can the credit be used for totally different trips? Sometimes when I cancel a UA ticket, the "flight credit" acts strange within the site/app and seems to restrict me to rebooking the same city pair?
Old May 9, 2024, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manodeep
Just booked one for AKL-MEL (Dec 5, QF) and return MEL-NYC (Feb 18, UA) using a previous browser tab on my phone to book. Trip has shown up on my United and credit card has been charged. I can still see the availability on GF on other dates, and when I click through to United, I can see the price (AUD 7119 ~ USD 4700). May be sensitive to the currency choice?
Check your receipt. You might want to cancel before the 24 hour cooling period expires. $4700 USD is more than double the original deal price. The original price was $2101 USD or about 3185 AUD.
manodeep likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 8:29 am

I didn't get this deal (dang), but at what point are we going to put Cruser1 forward for sainthood? Not all heros wear capes, but I am just making an assumption Cruser1 doesn't. Are there any FT rules about acts of appreciation such as sending coffee cards or something as thank you's?
goodgirl, AJO, our_kid and 20 others like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by megshay
I didn't get this deal (dang), but at what point are we going to put Cruser1 forward for sainthood? Not all heros wear capes, but I am just making an assumption Cruser1 doesn't. Are there any FT rules about acts of appreciation such as sending coffee cards or something as thank you's?
He can have all my club access awards at this point.
cruser1, zip10001 and megshay like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by cruser1
Check your receipt. You might want to cancel before the 24 hour cooling period expires. $4700 USD is more than double the original deal price. The original price was $2101 USD or about 3185 AUD.
Two pax for the $4700. Worse than the original price but still much better than what I typically see
Cthunder86 likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Was tempted but almost no dates that would work for US winter break (NZ summer). I have done one-ways the past 2 years but then had to cancel when I could not find an outbound or return at a decent price.

Also I generally refuse to backtrack from the west coast, but it looks like many of the TPAC flights landed at LAX/SFO, so you could just bail with your checked bags after customs. At least on the return.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the compliment!

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
He can have all my club access awards at this point.
Hahaha!!
megshay likes this.

Last edited by cruser1; May 9, 2024 at 8:52 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 8:09 pm

Starbucks Coffee cards? What has cruser1 ever done to you to inspire such cruelty?
Old May 10, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Was tempted but almost no dates that would work for US winter break (NZ summer). I have done one-ways the past 2 years but then had to cancel when I could not find an outbound or return at a decent price.

Also I generally refuse to backtrack from the west coast, but it looks like many of the TPAC flights landed at LAX/SFO, so you could just bail with your checked bags after customs. At least on the return.
Fare rules posted appeared to indicate a free stopover at locations including SFO, so could have nested a RT to EWR in between the TPACs? At least that's what I would have looked into if I was able to get in on this.
Old May 10, 2024, 10:49 pm

I book akl syd then one month stopover im not seeing a change fee
once i do first leg will the rest be changeable ?
Old May 11, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by econ
Fare rules posted appeared to indicate a free stopover at locations including SFO, so could have nested a RT to EWR in between the TPACs? At least that's what I would have looked into if I was able to get in on this.
I tried constructing this via ITA Matrix and wasn't able to get anything longer than an overnight connection anywhere (both USA and Australia).

I also managed to find all IN space EWR-SYD and MEL-EWR to bookend my AKL-EWR-AKL (booked ~1mo apart). The routing isn't optimal but considering I booked for early 2025 I'm banking on a schedule change to get onto p.s. LAX/SFO-EWR.
Old May 11, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: AirNZ *GE
I've started to see changed on my itinerary, timing and aircraft changes for all internal US flights (3 flights).
It states I can change if the new flights don't suit me but the website bugs out when I try to. Biggest change EWR-LAX from 787-10 to 757-200

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.