Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

Old May 8, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Is it just me or have we reached a new milestone for the Premium Fare Deals? It appears that we are at 40+ posts and not one with a disparaging comment about a hard product, a soft product, a connection, luggage, poor earning, seats or lounges...

Is this still FT???

(yeah...sorry...had to go there...)
Premium long haul deals like this are so few and far between these days that we've grown to appreciate them
Old May 8, 2024, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Is it just me or have we reached a new milestone for the Premium Fare Deals? It appears that we are at 40+ posts and not one with a disparaging comment about a hard product, a soft product, a connection, luggage, poor earning, seats or lounges...

Is this still FT???

(yeah...sorry...had to go there...)
Haha! Love it! Beggars can't be choosers when crossing the Pacific at a discount these days! AirNZ's business seat might be ancient, but it beats economy!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 1:47 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by cruser1
Haha! Love it! Beggars can't be choosers when crossing the Pacific at a discount these days! AirNZ's business seat might be ancient, but it beats economy!
Ancient? At my age, anything lie-flat (including angled) is luxurious. You kids don't remember the days of Recliners in First Class!!!

Al kidding aside, I really enjoyed NZ J and the crew was awesome.

findark, cruser1 and jawntronix like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Ancient? At my age, anything lie-flat (including angled) is luxurious. You kids don't remember the days of Recliners in First Class!!!

Oh, I remember that too! But relatively speaking their product is fairly old compared to what many airlines are using in business class these days, but Virgin Atlantic is still flying 787's with a similar seat design from 2003 in "Upper Class".

To your original statement - I don't want to be mean, but last Spring several people were whining that myself and a few others were spamming this forum with deals higher than pre-pandemic pricing and they were told to start populating their ignore list - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...?do=ignorelist - I think some of the pessimists might not even know this thread exists!
Old May 8, 2024, 2:33 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
I think it's finally dead
Old May 8, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
This is now on travel-dealz too!

AKL-SFO-EWR-DFW-SFO-AKL
18441 Miles | $2101 USD Roundtrip
11.3931 cents USD per Mile Flown

If all the segments are OPERATED by United, here's what you'll earn (marketing carrier doesn't matter with Star Alliance) -

Crediting to Aegean
18441 Miles (Cost per Mile - 11.3931 cents USD / 0.11 EUR)

Crediting to Air Canada
27661 SQM (Cost per SQM - 7.5955 cents USD / 0.10 CAD)

Crediting to Asiana
18441 Miles (Cost per Mile - 11.3931 cents USD / 155..52 KRW)

Crediting to Avianca
18441 LifeMiles (Cost per LM - 11.3931 cents USD)

Crediting to Miles & More
520 Miles & More Points (Cost per M&M Point - $4.04 USD / 3.76 EUR)

Crediting to SAS
Will be part of SkyTeam at this Point

Crediting to Singapore Airlines
18441 Miles (Cost per Mile - 11.3931 cents USD / 0.15 SGD)

Crediting to United
Approx 1958 PQP (Based on Spend / Base Fare in this case since there is no Carrier Imposed Fee)

Spoiler

When I go to do it I am trying for one way AKL-DFW and the $1024 one way is there and thats an amazing price obviously but every time I select the date it then comes up as $2100. Other people are just all over this and booking it and I am too slow to get it?

Wish I woke up earlier. I see all your amazing fares so late and then I feel like they are gone but this one I can actually see and it says $1024 for the one way but then shoots up to $2100 when I want to buy it.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
When I go to do it I am trying for one way AKL-DFW and the $1024 one way is there and thats an amazing price obviously but every time I select the date it then comes up as $2100. Other people are just all over this and booking it and I am too slow to get it?

Wish I woke up earlier. I see all your amazing fares so late and then I feel like they are gone but this one I can actually see and it says $1024 for the one way but then shoots up to $2100 when I want to buy it.
It's dead! Better luck next time.

The fare still exists, but inventory in the P fare has been set to 0 on every date! I'm sure the fare will be deleted next.

Spoiler

This fare lasted about 18 hours. On to the next one! Congrats to all who snagged a ticket!

Last edited by cruser1; May 8, 2024 at 2:53 pm
Old May 8, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver
The fare still exists, but inventory in the P fare has been set to 0 on every date!
I dont know what you mean tbh. Like P fare means the one way? It shows $1024 one way which is the lowest, to Dallas. It actually is to LAX which would be perfect for me and just get off the plane at LA and go home. On NZ metal too which despite the crappy seats I want to try to avoid another Polaris disaster.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old May 8, 2024, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Great fare

I booked a r/t AKL-DEN then a one way AKL-DEN earlier all in P class

I didn't bother to check until now but my positioning flights the DEN from YEG and one way YEG-AKL are ridiculously priced so it now makes this a deal breaker for me, I will have to cancel sadly

Props to the OP though, really nice fare to AKL!!
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 2:54 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Oh, I remember that too! But relatively speaking their product is fairly old compared to what many airlines are using in business class these days, but Virgin Atlantic is still flying 787's with a similar seat design from 2003 in "Upper Class".

To your original statement - I don't want to be mean, but last Spring several people were whining that myself and a few others were spamming this forum with deals higher than pre-pandemic pricing and they were told to start populating their ignore list - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...?do=ignorelist - I think some of the pessimists might not even know this thread exists!
Oh wow... I can only imagine how many times my name was put on that list.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I dont know what you mean tbh. Like P fare means the one way? It shows $1024 one way which is the lowest, to Dallas. It actually is to LAX which would be perfect for me and just get off the plane at LA and go home. On NZ metal too which despite the crappy seats I want to try to avoid another Polaris disaster.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
You can't book it anymore. P was the fare code these tickets were booking into and United assigns a certain number of seats to be sold under every fare code for every flight they operate. It must take time to remove a fare from the GDS. To stop bookings on deals like this airlines will usually begin by setting the number of seats available to 0 (basically no inventory exists), then delete the fare.

Originally Posted by whitethunder
Great fare

I booked a r/t AKL-DEN then a one way AKL-DEN earlier all in P class

I didn't bother to check until now but my positioning flights the DEN from YEG and one way YEG-AKL are ridiculously priced so it now makes this a deal breaker for me, I will have to cancel sadly

Props to the OP though, really nice fare to AKL!!
Before you scrap everything, are there any award tickets available?

Oh wow... I can only imagine how many times my name was put on that list.
The list is unique to every user (mine is blank), but I'm sure some people have accumulated quite a list of names.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:05 pm

Still available?
Old May 8, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
Still available?
Nope seems gone. Now I can stop trying to find time to visit NZ

Surprised this was up for such a long period of time. Congrats to all who booked.
Old May 8, 2024, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Nope seems gone. Now I can stop trying to find time to visit NZ

Surprised this was up for such a long period of time. Congrats to all who booked.
but i thought the fares were NZ > USA?
Old May 8, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium

I miss the barcaloungers on HNL-GUM, I used to fly that all the time and slept better in those seats than the lie flats on some newer planes!!

An no award space for me to re-position OP (also concerned now any PP upgrades to AKL will be hard for people who got in on this deal)

Now that it is gone I will play around with things tonight to try and keep it, but thanks to UA for their 24 Hr cancel policy for sure

OP please keep an eye on Asia-Canada J fares, I would appreciate it haha
cruser1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.