Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE] UA - AKL-EWR - 3505 NZD / $2101 USD r/t - Business

Old May 8, 2024, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by cruser1
This is now on travel-dealz too!

AKL-SFO-EWR-DFW-SFO-AKL
18441 Miles | $2101 USD Roundtrip
11.3931 cents USD per Mile Flown

If all the segments are OPERATED by United, here's what you'll earn (marketing carrier doesn't matter with Star Alliance) -

Crediting to Aegean
18441 Miles (Cost per Mile - 11.3931 cents USD / 0.11 EUR)

Crediting to Air Canada
27661 SQM (Cost per SQM - 7.5955 cents USD / 0.10 CAD)

Crediting to Asiana
18441 Miles (Cost per Mile - 11.3931 cents USD / 155..52 KRW)

Crediting to Avianca
18441 LifeMiles (Cost per LM - 11.3931 cents USD)

Crediting to Miles & More
520 Miles & More Points (Cost per M&M Point - $4.04 USD / 3.76 EUR)

Crediting to SAS
Will be part of SkyTeam at this Point

Crediting to Singapore Airlines
18441 Miles (Cost per Mile - 11.3931 cents USD / 0.15 SGD)

Crediting to United
Approx 1958 PQP (Based on Spend / Base Fare in this case since there is no Carrier Imposed Fee)

Spoiler

Thanks for the deal! Booked one-way as AKL-SYD on QF and then onwards to LAX-IAH-DFW on UA. I noticed the QF segment was marked as QF4, no code share, so does it mean I could credit that one segment to AAdvantage and then the rest UA segments to Turkish? Thanks again for the great deal!
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: United 1K
Booked one-way AKL-SFO(-DFW) for next March, thanks!. I will continue to hold onto my 100k CHC-SFO redemption until we see how this plays out though...
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Awesome find, too bad the other direction is still stupid high.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ TK M&S
Thanks! Been hoping to try ANZ for awhile now, booked to Houston. Will be happy with either the ex-Cathay or a true ANZ plane 😊
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 10:58 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by niji248
Thanks for the deal! Booked one-way as AKL-SYD on QF and then onwards to LAX-IAH-DFW on UA. I noticed the QF segment was marked as QF4, no code share, so does it mean I could credit that one segment to AAdvantage and then the rest UA segments to Turkish? Thanks again for the great deal!
Theoretically, yes. However, it would require some FF number gymnastics. If you use your TK FF number on the reservation to claim the QF flight with AA you'll either need to request the milage retroactively after the trip, or ask for you AA FF number to be put into the reservation for that segment at check in, then switch back (or assure the TK one is properly set) after flying the QF segment.

I wouldn't want to risk messing with the main part of the *A flights, so claiming retroactively would be my suggested path.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:10 am

Jeez this thing's been alive for 9 hours already? Wonder how much longer it'll last... usually it's 1-2 hours tops
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Managed to get AKL-EWR for $2116 all on UA metal. Searching via UA website doesn't work, but got it to price via Google Flights direct link. Unfortunately lost out on the Break from Business discount that way (~$134) but still a great deal.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Miles and More
It's still "alive" as I just booked, as well. Many thanks for the alert.
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:33 am

Assuming this still falls under the DOT's 24-hour cancellation rule for any bookings made through United's website?
cruser1 and 18wheeler_vanrekt like this.
Old May 8, 2024, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Big Meech
Assuming this still falls under the DOT's 24-hour cancellation rule for any bookings made through United's website?
Yes because your ticket is to 🇺🇸
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
Actually the US DOT protection applies even if the flight doesn't touch US soil, if booked on a website marketed to US customers so basically .com (https://www.transportation.gov/sites...20130530_0.pdf)
progapanda likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Jeez this thing's been alive for 9 hours already? Wonder how much longer it'll last... usually it's 1-2 hours tops

I agree! I'm shocked! I posted in the middle of the night Eastern Time so SecretFlying wouldn't kill this right away. They shared about 5:30AM ET. I expected this to either die shortly after their post, or at 9AM Central Time when United employees arrive to work.

Delta changed their LAX flight to Auckland to seasonal. There must be overcapacity or really weak demand for this to still be alive!
​​​​​​​

Originally Posted by sgan317
For those on AKL-IAH, the seat map shows an ex-CX plane that isn't reconfigured so there is an F cabin available for additional cost and much better J product
I didn't notice that, but that's awesome!

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Thanks! Been hoping to try ANZ for awhile now, booked to Houston. Will be happy with either the ex-Cathay or a true ANZ plane 😊
I haven't flown AirNZ either, so I'll take either even if their business seat is a bit dated. They are also supposed to start retrofitting their new business class in the fall, so some of you might get lucky with that too.

Originally Posted by Big Meech
Yes, it does!
Old May 8, 2024, 12:55 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Really incredible deal, and so sad I can't make it work for me on the dates I could. And I thought my UA AKL-SFO-EWR//EWR-MEX deal in PE/Economy+ for <$1,000 was a score, but this clearly takes the cake!
cruser1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2024, 1:10 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Is it just me or have we reached a new milestone for the Premium Fare Deals? It appears that we are at 40+ posts and not one with a disparaging comment about a hard product, a soft product, a connection, luggage, poor earning, seats or lounges...

Is this still FT???

(yeah...sorry...had to go there...)
Old May 8, 2024, 1:16 pm

We’ve uh… how do The Kids say it these days… “Gotten Soft”?
PLeblond and cruser1 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.