Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CAI to World - Currency Conversion Issue?

[PREM FARE GONE] CAI to World - Currency Conversion Issue?

Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
Alec84
In that case you can get only PNR. "C" legs on QR between CAI and DOH will be canceled from your itinerary and ticket never issued.
Alec84 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 3:56 am

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb
Originally Posted by hsk
You can book Latam on Expedia for more/less same you see on Latam. Just booked/ticketed CAI-DOH-GRU-MVD-GRU-MXP-CAI
Managed to book it via Latam ES website in EUR, apparently US didnt like my credit card. Orbitz showed the fare but as non refundable, something Im not ready to sign up for.

As others noted CAI-DOH-CAI booked in Economy. Not ideal, but managebale for 3 hours flight.

The fare is fully flex, full refund. My ticket issued in EUR in Madrid, so no risks.

By calling QR got their booking reference, was told seat choice is free for flights in economy, but for Q suites is paid $100 DOH-GRU and $85 GRU-DOH. On my question whether I would have lounge access in Doha was put on hold and after 20 min wait wasn't told anythind certain.

I'm afraid QR may treat these tickets as there lowest biz without perks.

Booking classes:
LA Y
LA Z
LA W
LA W
LA Z
LA Y

Last edited by urww; Mar 7, 2024 at 4:23 am
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:05 am

urww You get Al M. access in DOH on all LA issued ticket included the lowest Z booking class. The choice of seats in QR biz class is paid indeed unless you are QR Gold/Platinum or OW Sapphire/Emerald. The fare is fully refundable (before departure) no matter if you book it with orbitz or wherever. The Expedia group often shows it incorrectly during booking steps, but in the fare conditions that you accept before payment everything is specified precisely.
urww and cruser1 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:08 am

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Originally Posted by urww
wow wow wow
Congrats! That sounds amazing! I would jump on right away. Where did you book that?
I have access to Sabre so I built/priced/ticketed the itinerary there. Then had to submit a support ticket to Sabre and wait for an hour (on edge worrying that the fare would be gone by the time they got back) to fix a ticketing problem, then it went through.

It's a *A CRWSPCL (26,000 mile) fare. Looks like it's still active, which doesn't surprise me since RTW fare updates probably require a lot of coordination between airlines.
urww and cruser1 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Originally Posted by BDA shorts
I quickly hit the button on an ex-CAI RTW that I happened to have been working on anyway. $6,259.68 for two people, in business, ticketed.

After pulling it off last night I couldn't sleep I was so excited.
I'm envious! AA pulled their x CAI fare so when I finished my DONE3 in October I couldn't purchase my next one. Even the previous fare was a steal. I'm in Tokyo now, starting DONE4 in a couple days but definitely going to look at this. Good work!
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by BDA shorts
I have access to Sabre so I built/priced/ticketed the itinerary there. Then had to submit a support ticket to Sabre and wait for an hour (on edge worrying that the fare would be gone by the time they got back) to fix a ticketing problem, then it went through.

It's a *A CRWSPCL (26,000 mile) fare. Looks like it's still active, which doesn't surprise me since RTW fare updates probably require a lot of coordination between airlines.
oh ah
Lucky you then ! Jelly jelly jelly
Old Mar 7, 2024, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by heliot2009
urww You get Al M. access in DOH on all LA issued ticket included the lowest Z booking class. The choice of seats in QR biz class is paid indeed unless you are QR Gold/Platinum or OW Sapphire/Emerald. The fare is fully refundable (before departure) no matter if you book it with orbitz or wherever. The Expedia group often shows it incorrectly during booking steps, but in the fare conditions that you accept before payment everything is specified precisely.
Thanks a lot. I picked a long connection in DOH, so no lounge access wouldnt be nice. It doesn't look good for QR as super duper premium airline to charge for seat selection and offer paid biz fares with no lounge access tho.

No lounge access in DOH in the way back I assume, as DOH-CAI is in Y.

by any chance does anyone know how strict LA with checking in a bag only to DOH on the way back (thinking of skipping the last leg)?
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:08 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Thanks a lot. I picked a long connection in DOH, so no lounge access wouldnt be nice. It doesn't look good for QR as super duper premium airline to charge for seat selection and offer paid biz fares with no lounge access tho.

No lounge access in DOH in the way back I assume, as DOH-CAI is in Y.

by any chance does anyone know how strict LA with checking in a bag only to DOH on the way back (thinking of skipping the last leg)?
well there are also routings via FRA or MXP - so on the inbound one could just skip the last leg to CAI
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
well there are also routings via FRA or MXP - so on the inbound one could just skip the last leg to CAI
Also MAD/BCN/FCO/LHR/CDG for about 100 to 200 EUR more.
Sisyphus1carus and cruser1 like this.

Last edited by 336; Mar 7, 2024 at 6:06 am
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold

No lounge access in DOH in the way back I assume, as DOH-CAI is in Y
Wanna say you get lounge no matter if its inbound or outbound business. Worked that way for me last time in DOH.
urww likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:38 am

AaronS123 you got access to Al Murjan lounge before ur last QR leg in Y from DOH to CAI?
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by heliot2009
AaronS123 you got access to Al Murjan lounge before ur last QR leg in Y from DOH to CAI?
following a flight in business on the same PNR yes I did, but not to Cairo specifically, dont see why that would change it.
urww and heliot2009 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:53 am

CAI is always a reatively cheap point of origin (which is why I am there quite often). That said, none of the current prices seem much out of the norm (at least for the areas I am usually interested in). I started looking as soon as I saw the news about the devaluation - but nothing stuck out as unusual.

P.S. To wit - CAI-US r/t (which is what I usually search for) is in the usual $1700-1900 range, been that way since last year (before then $1400 was the benchmark).

P.P.S. I did see a few $1450 range fares on ITA/SkyTeam in May, those were around for a few weeks too (can't use - need later return).

Last edited by tr3k; Mar 7, 2024 at 7:13 am
Old Mar 7, 2024, 7:34 am
Original Poster

For those of you booking the QR flights you should get lounge access in both directions in Doha because of the business segment to/from GRU.

You can still fly to Sydney for 2707 AUD / $1782 roundtrip on some dates.
Spoiler

Originally Posted by tr3k
CAI is always a reatively cheap point of origin (which is why I am there quite often). That said, none of the current prices seem much out of the norm (at least for the areas I am usually interested in). I started looking as soon as I saw the news about the devaluation - but nothing stuck out as unusual.

P.S. To wit - CAI-US r/t (which is what I usually search for) is in the usual $1700-1900 range, been that way since last year (before then $1400 was the benchmark).

P.P.S. I did see a few $1450 range fares on ITA/SkyTeam in May, those were around for a few weeks too (can't use - need later return).
Fares to the US have been re-priced, but they were between $900 and $1100 roundtrip, which is lower than normal.
captainarabiia likes this.

Last edited by cruser1; Mar 7, 2024 at 8:00 am
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by cruser1
Fares to the US have been re-priced, but they were between $900 and $1100 roundtrip, which is lower than normal.
If they were, that must have been mere hours. I've been furiously searching CAI-US fares for months (several times a day at least) and, especially, after the devaluation announcement. Saw nothing like that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.