Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CAI to World - Currency Conversion Issue?

[PREM FARE GONE] CAI to World - Currency Conversion Issue?

Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:11 am

Programs: A3*G, FB plat, Hilton silver, IHG diamond
On my booking QR Z fare is charging me GBP78 to reserve the long haul seats so suspect itís a business light fare which excludes lounge and seat reservation
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:17 am

Programs: SQ KF *G, Marriott Plat, GHA Titanium, Uncle Chan's Fishball Noodle Lifetime Ambassador
Originally Posted by heliot2009
IAN-UK
Already flown on this fare (Z) and yes, al Mourjan is included as I indicated earlier.

LA coded DOH-GRU leg booked into Z gives exactly 9226 avios to QR FFP, no Qpoints.
Ah! I take it that you were one of those booked for immediate departure? So, bum in seat and they honoured your ticket so far?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
no, only GRU-MVD/ASU etc will earn you AS miles. It has been repeatedly stated that LA codeshare on QR earns 0 on AS.
thanks so much. That seals the deal to not purchase.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
Originally Posted by SBS9844Z
Ah! I take it that you were one of those booked for immediate departure? So, bum in seat and they honoured your ticket so far?
These very good LA fares from CAI to MVD/ASU have been available for many months. Now the price has only dropped due to the depreciation of the Egyptian pound and is few hundred bucks cheaper than before.
cruser1, fridgy and SBS9844Z like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:41 am

For anyone UK based, it looks like you may be able to do CAI-DOH-GRU-ASU-GRU-LHR-CAI for GBP930, for a more convenient route home (depending on your stance on skipping the last leg). Way out looks the same as above, on Qsuites; way back is LA 777. Haven't tried actually booking it though!

Can't post links but it's 14th to 21st May, google flights etc slash aQ34BFAgK7NiYmrU8

(I also am not experienced enough to really know how good value this is, but I thought it looked fun and would share just in case )
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Has anyone had an issue with booking a flight in EGP on March 6 and gotten the old exchange rate applied to their credit card as opposed to the devalued one? I booked with BA on March 6 around noon EST and BA charged the correct amount in EGP for my flight but my credit card company (TD VISA in Canada) charged me 0.044 CAD to 1 EGP as opposed to the new rate on March 6 and after of 0.027 to 1 EGP.

I normally check right away when I make a large foreign purchase on my CC to see what the exchange rate applied to my card is but unfortunately I was locked out of my online account for a few days as my online access card had expired.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:08 am

gspurr The credit card companies often use the previous day's rate for such settlements. This may be the reason.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:29 am

Does anyone know how to choose a seat on codeshare flights? Contact Qatar or Latam after they honor the ticket?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:46 am

cses87241 It has already been mentioned 100 times here that there is no free seat selection (in advance) in biz on QR flights unless u have the OW Sapphire status. You can log into your reservation on the QR site using your LA ticket number (045).
135pilot likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:59 am

Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by jacktat
For anyone UK based, it looks like you may be able to do CAI-DOH-GRU-ASU-GRU-LHR-CAI for GBP930, for a more convenient route home (depending on your stance on skipping the last leg). Way out looks the same as above, on Qsuites; way back is LA 777. Haven't tried actually booking it though!

Can't post links but it's 14th to 21st May, google flights etc slash aQ34BFAgK7NiYmrU8

(I also am not experienced enough to really know how good value this is, but I thought it looked fun and would share just in case )
Cant see to re create your itinerary. Can you post screenshots?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by stageworks
Cant see to re create your itinerary. Can you post screenshots?
Google flights

jacktat likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cses87241
Does anyone know how to choose a seat on codeshare flights? Contact Qatar or Latam after they honor the ticket?
The two latam flights are managed on LATAM with, the QR flights can be accessed by requesting your ticket on LATAMS site in your booking confirm, then you'll be given the partner PNR, which you enter into Qatar's website, where you can add hypothetical FFP to choose seats for free, (OWS and OWG) otherwise its a fee per seat per flight. Hope this helps as both of these airlines, like seemingly every airline has the worst website ever
Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:15 am

Programs: BA gold, AF Platinum, IHG/hilton diamond/bonvoy titanium
Originally Posted by heliot2009
These very good LA fares from CAI to MVD/ASU have been available for many months. Now the price has only dropped due to the depreciation of the Egyptian pound and is few hundred bucks cheaper than before.
yes itís been available for more than one year Ö bookable and flown by already a lot of people and discussed on other threads at length? Destinations were to Brazil/ and other latam cities too

but I think some have just discovered this ticket unaware that it was there for a very long time

and yes itís around £200 cheaper than last year but I am under the impression the buzz is purely because they were unaware of this ticket available for so long in the first place. Otherwise there should not be such a buzz about this. Itís slightly cheaper as you said thatís it.
zahir2020 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Hi Moderator, it might be worth moving the discussion about the ex CAI Latam fares (to MVD, ASU, etc) to the existing thread for that fare here CAI GRU Return QR Qsuite 1160 euros - FlyerTalk Forums As noted, that fare was already a great premium deal and is just a hair bit more attractive due to currency issues.
izzik and thefilipinotraveler like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT, BD *G
Originally Posted by BDA shorts
I quickly hit the button on an ex-CAI RTW that I happened to have been working on anyway. $6,259.68 for two people, in business, ticketed.

After pulling it off last night I couldn't sleep I was so excited.
FYI the RTW fares are still up. Currency updated so the fares are very slightly more expensive but still otherwise good. I just booked a second trip for myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.