Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

[PREM FARE GONE]TP/SQ -SIN-LHR -1180 SGD /$878 o/w OR 2200 SGD / $1637 r/t - Business

Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:26 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by megshay
which they should have already contacted you as it would have come up as cancelled on their queues and their job is to manage their queues, and also should have processed your refund without you having to contact them. Booking.com? They still not told me mine is cancelled. Still have my money. Still looks confirmed on their site. It's really shoddy work not contacting customers with cancelled flights.
Its an OTA. Shoddy is what they aspire to, but perpetually fail to achieve.
Travel-Quinten and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLeblond
Its an OTA. Shoddy is what they aspire to, but perpetually fail to achieve.
Hahaha! Great statement!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:55 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
which they should have already contacted you as it would have come up as cancelled on their queues and their job is to manage their queues, and also should have processed your refund without you having to contact them. Booking.com? They still not told me mine is cancelled. Still have my money. Still looks confirmed on their site. It's really shoddy work not contacting customers with cancelled flights.
we should have a list of OTAs for everyone’s knowledge. Travelstart gave the same nonsense as well.
megshay likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:00 pm

My booking via Booking.com for LHR-LIS-FRA-SIN and via TAP for SIN-BCN-LIS-LHR are still alive on my side, flying in early July this year
zip10001 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 3:33 pm

Currently flying the AMS-LIS-FCO-SIN leg, just arrived in Lisbon
Something that I wasn't aware of is that A) Your boarding pass isn't valid for lounge access since the LIS-FCO leg leaves the day after, B) There are no sleeping facilities in the lounge or a transit hotel at the airport, C) All the surrounding nearby hotels ask are either fully booked are way to expensive to justify 4/5h of sleep!

Now hoping for a "good" night of sleep at the airport and then onwards to the fun tomorrow!
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:02 pm

Have not received any cancelation notices is it possible they are all done and that any bookings still alive are good to go?

Also would like to reiterate my theory that they used a price threshold to decide to cancel or not cancel! My tickets were a bit above 1000 US dollars so maybe they considered that was "good enough" ...

Cheers
Old Apr 6, 2024, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by SilentLurker
Currently flying the AMS-LIS-FCO-SIN leg, just arrived in Lisbon
Something that I wasn't aware of is that A) Your boarding pass isn't valid for lounge access since the LIS-FCO leg leaves the day after, B) There are no sleeping facilities in the lounge or a transit hotel at the airport, C) All the surrounding nearby hotels ask are either fully booked are way to expensive to justify 4/5h of sleep!

Now hoping for a "good" night of sleep at the airport and then onwards to the fun tomorrow!
How long was your layover in FCO? Yes, essentially not allowed to "sleep over" if your flight departs later than 5am the next day. As per below, nothing stopping you from accessing the lounge just after midnight, then it will be the same day.

International Business Class Customers

As an International Business Class Customer you have access to any Star Alliance member carrier’s owned Business Class lounge at the airport where your flight departs, if the following conditions are met:
  • You present a boarding pass in International Business Class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight
  • Your flight departs on the same day of your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.

Last edited by megshay; Apr 6, 2024 at 4:37 pm Reason: added idea, go just after midnight.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SLCtoPHX
My tickets were a bit above 1000 US dollars so maybe they considered that was "good enough" ...
my ticket was $915 and still valid. Flying early July.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:49 am
F8X

Programs: AFKL Plat, LH SEN
Originally Posted by SLCtoPHX
My tickets were a bit above 1000 US dollars so maybe they considered that was "good enough"
Fare I have flown was under 1000 US dollars.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:08 am

How long was your layover in FCO? Yes, essentially not allowed to "sleep over" if your flight departs later than 5am the next day. As per below, nothing stopping you from accessing the lounge just after midnight, then it will be the same day.

International Business Class Customers

As an International Business Class Customer you have access to any Star Alliance member carrier’s owned Business Class lounge at the airport where your flight departs, if the following conditions are met:
  • You present a boarding pass in International Business Class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight
  • Your flight departs on the same day of your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.
Was at LIS, not FCO, the lounge isn't open 24/7 and operates from 05:00 to 00:00
Furthermore, anyone doing the overnight layover at LIS and staying at the airport! bring WARM clothing
I was shivering for the last 2 hours before the lounged opened again since I didn't come prepared and the AC was running at 18/19 celsius (it felt like it)
megshay likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:41 pm

For those who managed to fly this, did anyone get book the cook to work, as this is code share. I did read that you can try through the app etc in the SQ krisflyer forum, but any BTC success on this fare?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 2:54 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA silver, GA silver
For those who managed to fly this, did anyone get book the cook to work, as this is code share. I did read that you can try through the app etc in the SQ krisflyer forum, but any BTC success on this fare?

You need to use the chat app in the sq app, it will take awhile and make sure you already know which dishes you want. I was able to select BTC on all of my 4 flown flights
cruser1, zip10001 and megshay like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Refund received from AMEX but Amex customer service still trying to re-confirmed the ticket with TAP as their many calls with me said so, let's see if they suceed
After 1month of hard work from AMEX, TAP came with a solution: impossible to rebook on flights originally bought but proposed to book me on LH (AMS-FRA-SIN) for a whooping 4000€ that i will pay. But TAP insist that when all flights will be flown they will reimburse the difference between the two fare

Still don't understand how they do their maths and how i should play the bank for them in the meantime (late october departure in my case)

Declined the offer, too bad, would have love to fly this fare. Thanks again for having find that OP!
cruser1 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.