Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] CPH - SEA Biz Apr 27 - May 28 AC / LH $778

[PREM FARE GONE] CPH - SEA Biz Apr 27 - May 28 AC / LH $778

Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Your ticket will then be repriced to a o/w fare, i.e. most likely close to the return fare, i.e. hardly any refund.

Trip credit is a US thing; LH/LX will give you a refund.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Puzzles
Curious if you can get a trip credit if you cancel halfway through the trip? (CPH-USA complete, canceled before USA-CPH)
If you call up seeking a voluntary change/cancellation for the return portion of the itinerary, you are unlikely to do yourself any favors for at least the reason noted by SK AAR.

What I do in such circumstances after flying out is wait to see if there is a flight schedule change/delay/cancellation by an airline on the return portion of the itinerary and then parlay that into trying to get something out of the return portion that was otherwise destined to be unused and of no positive value to me.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
What I do in such circumstances after flying out is wait to see if there is a flight schedule change/delay/cancellation by an airline on the return portion of the itinerary and then parlay that into trying to get something out of the return portion that was otherwise destined to be unused and of no positive value to me.
That is exactly the way to do it (rather than a voluntary cancellation in advance).
Old Oct 19, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Just wondering what's the earliest anyone is travelling on this fare?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 4:24 pm

Easter '24 for me. You?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 11:34 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by umba815
Easter '24 for me. You?
Just after for me.
umba815 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by a9504477
Just wondering what's the earliest anyone is travelling on this fare?
Going in December 👀
Old Nov 16, 2023, 11:51 pm

Flew OSL-ZRH-JFK today, no problems.
a9504477 and umba815 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 4:50 am

Just to verify this fare: For CPH-FRA-SEA (return) on a UA ticket, all flights operated by LH, marketed by UA (so I only have UA flight numbers) and want to collect on SQ. As per SQ chart (https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...FOALLevels.pdf) it's 125% for LH P, 100% for UA P. So am I right that if I go on LH metal all the way I'm going to collect about 13786 miles on SQ on these UA ticketed and marketed flights? Just want to make sure as there are still chances to rebook the inbound legs and I'd pretty much land on point here to renew my *A Gold.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, operating carrier matters/marketing carrier is imaterial. So it will be 125% with SQ KF if the UA booking class maps into LH P (which sounds right).
SPN Lifer and ToKo like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Question - my return (US-EU) flight was modified by the airline to arrive 10 minutes later (i.e. I got a message from my OTA that my booking was updated). Is this "enough" grounds to try to move that flight without penalty? I know it sounds like a silly question - just wondering what's the minimum grounds to be able to move the flight for free...
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by IluvJetAirways
Question - my return (US-EU) flight was modified by the airline to arrive 10 minutes later (i.e. I got a message from my OTA that my booking was updated). Is this "enough" grounds to try to move that flight without penalty? I know it sounds like a silly question - just wondering what's the minimum grounds to be able to move the flight for free...
It depends on the involuntary schedule change policy of the ticketing carrier, but 10 minutes is usually not enough even for the most flexible carriers out there.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
It depends on the involuntary schedule change policy of the ticketing carrier, but 10 minutes is usually not enough even for the most flexible carriers out there.
Hmm okay. I found this link which seemed to not indicate anywhere that there was a time minimum for changing flights (although there does seem to be a 1 hour minimum for refunds?).
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:38 pm

Reporting back to say that I called my OTA and [although I am somewhat still in disbelief] they honored the policy even for the 10 minute flight change! Worked great as I was booked to fly out to EU on a Monday (only option available at time of booking) and I was able to reschedule to Friday.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 3:05 pm

Short feedback on this deal: I flew the flights over the weekend (CPH-SEA), originally booked the longhaul flights on LH, then rebooked the return route to UA at short notice: everything worked perfectly from start to finish, no problems both outbound and inbound. Had very pleasant flights. Really liked the possibility that the flights could be easily rebooked until shortly before departure (without a fee and with only a minimal additional payment, in my case of around €15), was extremely valuable. It's a shame that I only took advantage of this deal once

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.