Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]Oneworld Open Jaw Spain - North America - London / Europe: 1.000 Euro

[PREM FARE GONE]Oneworld Open Jaw Spain - North America - London / Europe: 1.000 Euro

Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Quail
This is not true. 001 and others priced exactly the same. The practical usefulness of this is limited though.
What was required was BA marketed flights TATL.

(can still confirm this with historical pricing with Aug 1)

Example:
BCN BA X/LON BA X/PHL AA SAN Q BCNSAN16.35M274.18/-EWR BA X/LON BA BUD Q EWRBUD16.35M613.78NUC920.66END ROE0.91728 XFPHL4.5EWR4.5
autopriced identically on 125 and 001.
Interesting - I was only seeing BA tickets with the deal, all the AA pricing on my routing was much higher, perhaps it was just pulling the prime AA flight numbers.

Thanks for the clarification.

Pilot37
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Interesting - I was only seeing BA tickets with the deal, all the AA pricing on my routing was much higher, perhaps it was just pulling the prime AA flight numbers.

Thanks for the clarification.

Pilot37
When both TATL flights are with BA codes (required here), 125 will generally be default. So through online channels it would likely appear that 125 is all that is available.
I'd expect it would have been difficult to book through AA directly, and a TA would have had to select the validating carrier manually. While normally simple, I believe all non-125 routes would require talking to people to book this.. which would draw unwanted scrutiny for anyone paying attention (hence my comment about "limited usefulness").
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Quail
When both TATL flights are with BA codes (required here), 125 will generally be default. So through online channels it would likely appear that 125 is all that is available.
I'd expect it would have been difficult to book through AA directly, and a TA would have had to select the validating carrier manually. While normally simple, I believe all non-125 routes would require talking to people to book this.. which would draw unwanted scrutiny for anyone paying attention (hence my comment about "limited usefulness").
Can you place all BA marketed codes on AA plate without AA marketed codes? Won't that violate IATA Res 852?
Old Aug 4, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
This is caused by a mispriced YR on 125 stock. This has happened in January exMXP, similar thing - 650EUR fare plus only about 250YR.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, AC SE
Originally Posted by SourSweetTea
Can you place all BA marketed codes on AA plate without AA marketed codes? Won't that violate IATA Res 852?
My example had one AA flight, PHL-SAN (which, I agree, is necessary here).
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by SourSweetTea
Since AA is considered a general sales agent for BA they can issue an all BA itinerary however I don't think non-airline agents can force it without any AA flight numbers. Adding a US domestic leg solves this problem.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
This is caused by a mispriced YR on 125 stock. This has happened in January exMXP, similar thing - 650EUR fare plus only about 250YR.
Yet we read over and over within the BAEC forum how much they wish BA would fix their IT!

Happy for /Jealous of those who grabbed a ticket at this price range.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Yet we read over and over within the BAEC forum how much they wish BA would fix their IT!

Happy for /Jealous of those who grabbed a ticket at this price range.
You jest but I imagine they'd need to have some separate system for JV TATL pricing since it needs access and to connect to AA, BA, IB, AY so it's probably in some server where one might find small animals living in the dust inside that will only be updated as absolutely strictly necessary by the grizzled IT guy who's the one who actually understands what the system is actually doing.
Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by hansyuwiwb
So all of these were basically 'error fares' then?!
Old Aug 6, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by premier01
So all of these were basically 'error fares' then?!
There is no such thing. This was just a nice sale. This price is nowhere near what some special fares drop to. It's a good fare and those who bought it will enjoy it. But fares at this price point have come and gone for years.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:23 am

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
There is no such thing. This was just a nice sale. This price is nowhere near what some special fares drop to. It's a good fare and those who bought it will enjoy it. But fares at this price point have come and gone for years.
Thank you- thought so but then read the posts about mis-priced fares and IT issues.....

Disappointed that we didn't go for this- hopefully there'll be a similar sale before too long.....
Old Aug 14, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
I just saw in the manage booking that one of my big legs to madrid is cancelled. do you think I can press my luck and change the dates?
Old Aug 14, 2023, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
I just saw in the manage booking that one of my big legs to madrid is cancelled. do you think I can press my luck and change the dates?
If it's ticketed by Aa, yes you should be able to. I was on a call with them yesterday about something like this and the agent confirmed that they will be able to do it based on availability. Good luck!
Old Aug 15, 2023, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by vacaytime
If it's ticketed by Aa, yes you should be able to. I was on a call with them yesterday about something like this and the agent confirmed that they will be able to do it based on availability. Good luck!

BA
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Amil
please report back. I'm also curious about BA's date flexibility after a major schedule change.

May I ask...when was the leg to MAD supposed to be? this year? next?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.