Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREMIUM FARE GONE] Qatar First Class: CAI - HKG - 2550 euros R/T

Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum - Aeroflot Gold (RIP)

Qatar First Class: CAI - HKG - 81842 EGP = 2550 euros R/T

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...XTJGhyMtBtZSs7

Last edited by advisorytoptop; Jan 15, 2023 at 2:23 pm
Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Now 2225

When you click through on QR it actually reprices lower to 2225, but it is only first class A to and from Cairo and I/D class to HKG. Either way it is business class cabin for all four flights. But seems to be a good option for OW mileage earning.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by RyanG
When you click through on QR it actually reprices lower to 2225, but it is only ‘first class’ ‘A’ to and from Cairo and I/D class to HKG. Either way it is business class cabin for all four flights. But seems to be a good option for OW mileage earning.
FYI - Expedia seat reservation shows First Class Cabin (2 rows with 3 seats across A, D, and K, missing F seat) on the DOH-HKG route.
CAI-DOH is Business
$2,778 USD
Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The HKG - DOH segments use 777-300s leased from CX with two rows of F. [Interesting that QR has the prime flight number, and CX are now "code-sharing" on this route.]

These flights are also available using AA miles, 50k AA miles (+~USD $90 taxes) in First each way. Both segments are in Z, which ime permit entry to the Al Safwa lounge in Doha in both directions.
becks1, s777bg and jonr405 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by boggs
FYI - Expedia seat reservation shows First Class Cabin (2 rows with 3 seats across A, D, and K, missing F seat) on the DOH-HKG route.
CAI-DOH is Business
$2,778 USD
Well that makes it a whole lot more interesting and a better deal! I just went to the QR link through google flights and it repriced lower and put me into business on the DOH-HKG legs. So good to know! Thank you
Old Jan 15, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Was able to book one of those AA awards on Doha to Hong Kong in First Class, certainly interested to see how that will be on the ex-Cathay 777s!

Looks like they just run through the end of the Winter'23 schedule? I didn't see 'em available after late March
Old Jan 15, 2023, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Its business class from CAI to DOH and First Class DOH to HKG - one way is 1500 euros.

They sell it as First Class, and it sounds the same price for many months, try other dates, when they reprice on QR website its probably there is no more availability, continue the booking simulation and this show the seats choice on First for DOH CAI and CAI DOH.

You can enjoy the First class lounge in DOH and the 8h flight in First to and from HKG

Same flight to HKG with QR from DXB is around 6000 euros and from AUH is 5000.

Old Jan 16, 2023, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
Was able to book one of those AA awards on Doha to Hong Kong in First Class, certainly interested to see how that will be on the ex-Cathay 777s!

Looks like they just run through the end of the Winter'23 schedule? I didn't see 'em available after late March
Right, it sounds available only until March, you also can go to Bangkok for 50k AA miles (A380 First from DOH to BKK) and other cities like Tokyo by HKG, is mix between business and First
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
If not mistaken if these book into A classAmerican Airlines Executive Platinum flyers would obtain 38443 LPs, Platinum Pro 34287 LPs, Platinum 32209 LPs, Gold 30131 LPs, Base Members 25975 LPs

Alaska Airlines members would earn 350% of distance as RDMs and 150% of distance as EQMs or 36365 RDMs and 15585 EQMs
Old Jan 16, 2023, 5:26 am

I have an upcoming trip on QR in QSuites on one of their Business Lite Fares (P and R; to DOH and From DOH respectfully) that supposedly doesn’t include lounge access or seat assignment on the TATL route however my final destination is Cairo and those are First class marketed QR A Class tickets. Going to be interesting if I do get the Al Sawfa access while in DOH since I do have a First Class connecting ticket but a limited Biz ticket.

I got all the seats booked and the First Class product used on these First class seats on the 787 and 777 is the 2x2 laynflats but not QSuite. They look great but are really Biz class marketed as First class for intraGulf state travel. Would be interesting to compare these intraGulf first class seats/experience to the first class DOH-HKG route above. I’ll have to see if I come out ahead at the end of the day buying the Light fare. Had to pay about $100 each way PP to reserve the QSuite double bed but I’m still ahead if I do have Al Safea access via my A class connection which negates the “no lounge access Lite TATL Biz fare” ticket. We will see! If you go via DOH take an extra day or 2 to take advantage of the Discover Qatar hotels that you can reserve for $50usd including breakfast.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by danteshors;[url=tel:34929179
34929179[/url]]I have an upcoming trip on QR in QSuites on one of their Business Lite Fares (P and R; to DOH and From DOH respectfully) that supposedly doesnt include lounge access or seat assignment on the TATL route however my final destination is Cairo and those are First class marketed QR A Class tickets. Going to be interesting if I do get the Al Sawfa access while in DOH since I do have a First Class connecting ticket but a limited Biz ticket.

I got all the seats booked and the First Class product used on these First class seats on the 787 and 777 is the 2x2 laynflats but not QSuite. They look great but are really Biz class marketed as First class for intraGulf state travel. Would be interesting to compare these intraGulf first class seats/experience to the first class DOH-HKG route above. Ill have to see if I come out ahead at the end of the day buying the Light fare. Had to pay about $100 each way PP to reserve the QSuite double bed but Im still ahead if I do have Al Safea access via my A class connection which negates the no lounge access Lite TATL Biz fare ticket. We will see! If you go via DOH take an extra day or 2 to take advantage of the Discover Qatar hotels that you can reserve for $50usd including breakfast.
On the DOH-CAI you should get access to the Al Safra lounge. On the inbound youll likely not have access although some people report being admitted anyway, its worth a try.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:09 pm

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Id say chances are aircraft swap could occur without "F" class
Old Jan 16, 2023, 11:36 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
That's always true unfortunately... the closer in one books, the better a chance of no swap. I booked within a month and will only lock in positioning flights within say, a week
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by advisorytoptop
...You can enjoy the First class lounge in DOH and the 8h flight in First to and from HKG...
I will be in transit in DOH: I arrive DOH from BKK in First (Z). Can I access Al Safwa as "arrival lounge" despite my onward travel is in economy (X)?
Old Jan 31, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Pedersens
I will be in transit in DOH: I arrive DOH from BKK in First (Z). Can I access Al Safwa as "arrival lounge" despite my onward travel is in economy (X)?
You should be able to. I just did MLE-DOH in First, then connected to CEB in business, they let me into Al Safwa.
Pedersens likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.