Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Mad-scl biz $280 return

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
AmEx Travel

Any experiences with the $1k fare booked via AmEx travel?

When I look at the ticket I can see the LATAM segments have dropped out, but the reservation is still "intact" on AmEx travel. I'm going to contact AmEx to get the segments reinstated/rebooked on the direct, but I'm curious what others have experienced.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just got 2 emails from myTrip regarding my 2 bookings - this is the very first communication regarding my cancellations (except for the refunds, that's been already processed):
Hi MEGALOMAN,

We are contacting you on behalf of LATAM airlines regarding your booking XXXXXX.
We regret to inform you that your ticket(s) has been canceled. LATAM works in partnership with IBERIA, which even if operates part of your itinerary, owns the entire fare of your ticket and, unfortunately, processed it at the incorrect rate.

—-----------------------------------------------------

Please find here below the original statement of LATAM airlines:

NOTIFICATION OF CANCELLATION AND REFUND OF THE PRICE PAID DUE TO ERRONEOUS ISSUANCE OF IBERIA FARE
We hereby inform you that, at the request of IBERIA, your reservation has been CANCELED because, as IBERIA has reported, the rate of your reservation responded to an erroneous issuance.
We confirm that the refund of your reservation has been ordered and consequently will be immediately received by you.
We convey our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the existence of this error in the issuance of IBERIA of your reservation.

In the event that you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,
Latam
—------------------------------------------------------
As clarified by Latam Airline in the statement above, your entire order, including any additional products, has been already fully refunded or will be as soon as possible.
We can assure you that your refund is handled as a priority by the airline as well as by Mytrip.
As we have no control over this issue, our customer support cannot offer you any other information beside what’s already stated above. Please contact LATAM Airlines directly for any other questions you may have.
For the most up-to-date information on your refund, please log-in on the “My Bookings” page.
The refund has been paid out in full - or will be shortly - to your original form of payment and you will receive an email when it will be processed.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards
Mytrip
I guess this email starts the 30 day limit to file for the recurso, right?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: NH AMC, EY Guest Silver,MPC GO
Originally Posted by danjur
Hey, does anyone want to join a colective complain to OCU and AESA against IB?
xshanex? sydneyguy1234? chejus? Elena2611? eh220160? leftysauce? hamallu? ExpatSomchai? 18wheeler_vanrekt? patvd? mgo72?

no harm for me to be part of this. The act of IB in this round is disgraceful.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Gold
Got a schedule change email from Amex but the flight is still intact somehow 🤷 (so far)

​​​​​
xshanex? sydneyguy1234? chejus? Elena2611? eh220160? leftysauce? hamallu? ExpatSomchai? 18wheeler_vanrekt? patvd? mgo72?
if mine eventually gets canceled, I would gladly join
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Any experiences with the $1k fare booked via AmEx travel?

When I look at the ticket I can see the LATAM segments have dropped out, but the reservation is still "intact" on AmEx travel. I'm going to contact AmEx to get the segments reinstated/rebooked on the direct, but I'm curious what others have experienced.
I have the 1k fare but no LATAM segments and it's still intact 🤞🏻
Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Hello,

Yes. I will sent you a PM. ANy updates?

Iberia now even refused to reimburse me as the ticket is non refundable and " I choose the economy ticket" solution!
Old Sep 24, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
What is the status on the group recursos/process? Anyone know?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Got a court decision for one of the recursos that they shall not be granted. So the only option is a proper lawsuit now, as far as I understood.
(Of course the lawyer says we should go for that and hope for an out-of-court settlement… yeah, right.)
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: Iberia
Just for your information. I started a mediation through OCU in Spain. I have to wait now up to 30 days for an answer from Iberia. I will keep you posted. It would be interesting if we all make the same to push a bit more.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:29 am

Just for your information. I started a mediation through OCU in Spain. I have to wait now up to 30 days for an answer from Iberia. I will keep you posted. It would be interesting if we all make the same to push a bit more.
are you an OCU member? Or it is possible to start a mediation by anyone? Anyone made a complaint in “consumo”?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: Iberia
Yes, I registered as a member for this, I heard several cases have been solved by them. So let's see. I think there could be more options on how to do it, I just did it this way because it was the easier for me.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:43 am

Yes, I registered as a member for this, I heard several cases have been solved by them. So let's see. I think there could be more options on how to do it, I just did it this way because it was the easier for me.
Is it possible to join to your complain? Or do I need to open a New one? (I have sent a DM)
Old Oct 16, 2022, 5:36 am

I have the 998 euro direct MAD -SCL ticket bought with IB still intact. Did anyone already fly with one of these tickets (in business class)?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:22 pm

Missed one call from Spain and the voicemail said I can choose economy or refund and they will reach out again the next day. Never received another call but got an email saying they just put me in economy and reissued the ticket. This is the $1k non-stop fare bought with amex
Old Oct 16, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by leftysauce
Missed one call from Spain and the voicemail said I can choose economy or refund and they will reach out again the next day. Never received another call but got an email saying they just put me in economy and reissued the ticket. This is the $1k non-stop fare bought with amex
I assume you're going to ask them for a cash refund?

it's a little crazy that they're getting away with cancelling the $1k tickets ~three months after issuing them when they're still selling J flights to LIM and SCL for next year in the ~$1600 price range. Yes, it's 60% more than the $1k fare, but a far cry from their "we forgot to add a zero" excuse for a $10,000 fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.